Suspension news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Kiwi...does that mean the others got off ? or thats what info we have up till now ??  thought the charges would be announced later today??

Have to say Kingy is a bit unlucky but Matai needs to look at himself as he is now becoming a liability.

Cheers Joe

Darren link said:
what, matai a liability, no way!!
            I rate the guy as a top player but once players get a reputation they can start to cost you. Look at John Hopoate played great for us but once you get a rep you can't look side ways and you get suspended.

Cheers Joe  

WESTIE link said:
Kiwi...does that mean the others got off ? or thats what info we have up till now ??  thought the charges would be announced later today??

Those were the only 2 names mentioned, it said more to follow soon on nrl.com

King getting a week is ab absolute joke.

"SO Matai will miss next week, 3 tri nations games and 3 trials."

The Kiwis won't pick Matai in their squad given he can't take to the field.

Therefore Matai won't be able to count the NZ team's games as part of his suspension.

If Manly don't win this week, Matai will still be out for 6 Manly games in 2011.

Who do we have to replace Kingy?  Junior Palau?  

Who for Mattai?  If des puts t-rex in for Mattai we will lose by 60. 

from nrl.com -
http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsarticle/tabid/10874/newsid/60096/matai-king-facing-nrl-finals-bans/default.aspx

Manly's preparations for Sunday's must-win qualifying final against St George Illawarra are in disarray after the NRL match review committee charged three Sea Eagles players with high tackles.

Centre Steve Matai, prop Jason King and backrower Chris Bailey all have cases to answer, with both Matai and King facing bans even with early guilty pleas.

Matai was the hardest hit with a minimum seven-match ban for his grade three reckless high tackle charge after an ugly hit on Canterbury hooker Michael Ennis at Brookvale Oval on Sunday.

The Kiwi international will risk a possible nine-match ban by contesting the charge at the NRL judiciary.

Loading and carry-over points have conspired to threaten King's finals involvement after copping a grade one careless high tackle charge, the lowest possible grading for a high tackle.

Bailey was given an identical charge, but his clean record means he will be free to face the Dragons with an early plea, which will be of some relief to coach Des Hasler with the Sea Eagles also batting a lengthy injury list.

South Sydney backrower Dave Taylor, who was named in the Kangaroos train-on squad on Monday for the end of season Four Nations tournament, will escape suspension despite a high tackle charge.

I thought King would of been the only 1 out of our 3 charged that would escape suspension.Although I'm not aware of how many carry over points he was on!

King didnt even deserve any charge. If the cat hadn't stayed down there would have been no charge and no penalty. It was a soft hit and he barely touched him

he will have to take the early, I can't see him having any excuse for that hit

Dan link said:
King didnt even deserve any charge. If the cat hadn't stayed down there would have been no charge and no penalty. It was a soft hit and he barely touched him
Agree!!!
This year it is the norm for teams to be coached to take a dive and act like they're dying if even brushed high.Not in the spirit of the game IMO,but can't blame the coaches to instruct their players while ever the NRL is treating the game like a non-contact sport and forget minor colisions near the head will occur.
The NRL must remember it's League not ****ing Netball!!!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7