Surprising Manly Stats 2016

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rex

Bencher
Do we know how our forwards compare with metres gained in attack per minute spent on the field? What do you notice?

upload_2016-3-27_23-31-52.png

Stats are extracted and then reconfigured from NRL.com. Hopefully accurately. Note: To keep things simple, time spent in the backs by forwards (Brown & Mateo round 4) has been treated as if they were in the forwards.

Do we know how our forwards compare with metres gained in attack per minute spent on the field? What do you notice?

View attachment 3436

Stats are extracted and then reconfigured from NRL.com. Hopefully accurately. Note: To keep things simple, time spent in the backs by forwards (Brown & Mateo round 4) has been treated as if they were in the forwards.
Great work Rex
Could you add a tackles per match column?

Interesting to a point but obviously short bursts on the field will allow you to have a higher intensity

Get Vave or Lussick playing 80 and there metres per run would drop and runs per minutewould, Likewise Turbo plays 25min a match and he would increase in both

If you were to remove the outlier of Lussicks break last match his results would be vastly different.

None the less very interesting reading, it tells me we have our irrational opinions and don't let go of them

Why would you though? He still made a tackle bust, a break and ran those metres? Could you imagine Myles doing that? I'm surprised Brown couldn't run one full field and died in the ass. Wheres his endurance? Need more ling distance running methinks.

Because statistically it is an anomaly, an outlier even. Don't mind me though, I am a bit of a stats nerd. His efforts are still excellent and it shows he is a whipping boy

But don't you know we have to have whipping boys!!

I thought he looked pretty good in round 1, and some will remember me saying I was surprised him and Leary were dropped for rounds 2-3.

He will go ok this year , certainly no Matt Scott but he will do what he's been bought in to do.

This just confirms that Myles is my new whipping boy.
And that Players go better once they leave Parra.

Myles hasn't been that bad but I agree with your second point.

My only criticism of Myles is how he backs into tackles ( like Kitey did), otherwise he tackles well, and runs reasonable metres.

View attachment 3436

Wait. You spent the Easter long weekend doing this in excel haha

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4