surprise, surprise. F-ing SNAKES

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
its the liberal way - skip the answer

i cant recall.....

btw byso the member who would need to resign has stated that he will not so your original story has no merrits

Have to laugh about beazleys take on the budget - it was gold

Went along the lines of the libs are like playing a poker machine. Put your money in, pull the handle then nothing. Put some more money in, pull the handle, nothing. Put some more money in pull the handle, still nothing. Put some more money in, pull the hanldle, bing bing bing bing - Winner JACKPOT. Congratulations, youve won ten dollars.

Absolute gold

best thing he has done for a while

While I got Beazleys point I thought it was funny that he made a refference to pulling a handle on a poker machine. I have not seen a poker machine with a handle for many years. This goes to show how much politicians and their speech writers are out of touch with the common man.

UP or the analogy of "pushing a button" wouldn't work.

It was designed as a clever metaphore since everyone, the media included are always pulling on costellos arm asking for more. Pushing buttons would change its meaning altogether.

Though I knew this point would be made anyways......sigh!

Harmer considers entering politics
SMH May 13, 2006

Comedian Wendy Harmer is considering standing as an independent in Sydney's northern beaches, putting further stress on the NSW Liberal Party's hold.

The state seat of Wakehurst, which covers Collaroy, Dee Why, Brookvale and Frenchs Forest, is held by the Liberal Brad Hazzard.

But the seat is sandwiched between Manly and Pittwater, both held by independents, Fairfax newspaper reported.

"For me, it's something I am interested in, but it's very early days," said Ms Harmer, the former Vega and 2DayFM presenter.

"It's something I have in my mind. It's just a matter of timing.

"I started reporting on state politics and I have always had an interest in politics."

Thats what we need - more eagles angels in politics rather than libs or labs

UP - if he said puch the button it wouldnt have had the same ring to it - most of the population still can recall the pull handle machines - im only 26 and i know full well what they are

Opposition more serious on child care, says Lib MP
Email Print Normal font Large font By Catharine Munro
SMH May 14, 2006

Angry: Jackie Kelly, at her home yesterday, wants a meeting with the Prime Minister.
Photo: Tanya Lake

Advertisement
AdvertisementOUTSPOKEN Liberal backbencher Jackie Kelly says the Opposition takes child care more seriously than her own party, and she has demanded a meeting with the Prime Minister to discuss the crisis.

The Federal MP for Lindsay, in Sydney's west, will argue that the budget delivered an inadequate response to the child-care crisis. She believes business needs incentives to provide more places for working mothers, and her Government failed to introduce them in the budget.

Speaking exclusively to The Sun-Herald from her home yesterday, Ms Kelly said the Government had a responsibility to do more on child care in order to lower Australia's divorce rate, now close to 50 per cent.

She said Mr Howard was being unrealistic about the parenting choices women were making.

They were choosing to work, even when they agreed with Mr Howard's view that it was better for children if they stayed at home, she said.

Liberal-voting women were having babies when their careers were taking off and needed more support in juggling the demands of their children, bosses and husbands.

"I think the trend is away from mums staying at home," she said. "If we nail it right for mums who are working, I guarantee we will see the divorce rate go down."

Child care was taken more seriously by the Federal Opposition, Ms Kelly said, because there were several working mothers, including Chisholm MP Anna Burke and Sydney MP Tanya Plibersek, who had a voice in caucus.

"I look around the party room and no women are doing it," she said, referring to her parliamentary colleagues.

Ms Kelly arrived back yesterday from an overseas trip and put calls in to the Prime Minister and the Treasurer.

"I would like to speak to John Howard, definitely," she told The Sun-Herald.

"Child care needs a bit of leadership. We have missed an opportunity with this budget. Kim Beazley is obviously talking child care as an attack, saying you could have done more.

"It's hard not to disagree with that when you have got $10 billion in your kitty."

Ms Kelly said the Government needed to create more incentives for employers to help mothers with child care, including removing fringe benefits tax from child care and offering cash incentives to employers to provide the service.

It relates to most of the ALP voters out west who spend there pensions and Dole money on Pokies.

So thanks Labor NSW. For making so many available to all these people to spend the majority of there income, especially in the areas that need them most.

Is Kelly skating on thin ice

May 17, 2006

RENEGADE backbencher and one-time Liberal star Jackie Kelly will star in Channel 9's upcoming live spectacular Torvill and Dean's Skating On Ice – not that her fellow MPs will be watching.

http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au/story/0,20281,19158374-5001025,00.html

Fair enough I only saw it once on the news but let me put it this way if I missed the point (clever metaphor or not) and while I don't consider myself a genius I think I have above average intelligence. Then would not many other people have as well. I just think in lots of cases in their attempts at being clever politicians miss their target audience. I took his meaning as being the Libs tax you and tax you and every now and then reward you with a miserly payout. I guarantee that if you went into any suburban Club or Pub and asked somebody if they got the metaphor of people pulling Costello's arm for money you would get many blank looks.

It relates to most of the ALP voters out west who spend there pensions and Dole money on Pokies.

So thanks Labor NSW. For making so many available to all these people to spend the majority of there income, especially in the areas that need them most.

bigot - thats all that post says

your post might but fluffy's did not.

it was an analogy.

a metaphore...."like a poker machine"

it was damn true to home as well

In general the entire quote meant that you keep putting more and more in for tax and get a tiny bit back, but because it comes with so much fanfare you feel like you have something.

I was explaining the arm on teh pokey part UP your statement that shows how out of touch they are is blatantly false, so I just thought I should explain it to you

Whatever, try looking at the first post of the thread and reflect on the cynical political gain from the tragedy that occurred.

roughly translated: "Watch my hand, keep watching this hand keep watching"

byso it is not cynical it is what politics is about. Finding a high profile person to boost votes. People will have an emotional attachment with the beaconsfield situation and the face of that was Bill Shorten. TO me it is a smart move. However not my choice for leader. Beazley should have been leader in the last election, not latham, Beazley would have won the election at that time or come close.

The problem with most people i speak to is they say they wouldnt vote for him because he is fat. My conclusion is that as a nation we are not smart enough for democracy!

Your conclusion is good Dan. What do you say about the USA????

(At least in the UK, whether you lke him or not, Blair is pretty smart, even if his cabinet can't keep their pants on)

I can see your point Dan but can you see mine ?
If I did not get the metaphor of pulling a handle being akin to media and other groups pulling on Costello's arm asking for more then how many others missed it. I thought the poker machine analogy was good but when I thought more about it the thought hey you don't pull handles on poker machines anymore shows you how long since this bloke has rubbed shoulders with the common folk. You argue that him saying pushing a button rather than pulling a handle would have lessened the impact of the statement but I think he risked losing more of his target audience by being clever if he indeed was using this metaphor. Let me point out that I'm a swinging voter and vote according to which pack of bastard's are going to give me more for my family.

What Byso doesn't understand is that I am also a swinging voter and have voted Liberal in the past. I just think Howard is a deceiptful toad, and Labor is a shambles. Beazley is clever but doesn't have the appeal to beat Howard, sadly. Rudd may do better but it is years more of the wilderness for the ALP.

Oh CW, I'm also a swinging voter, I voted for labor in the past (NSW though in my voting life).

Some people here so passionately and blindly supported that political idiot Latham and when his true colours showed after the election. These same people couldn't even admit that he was a bad choice.

Even I have agreed many times when the libs have been wrong or BS'd, but some people here will NEVER speak a bad word about the beloved ALP even when it's blindly obvious they are a joke. So forgive me for having a bit of fun at these peoples expense :)

byso you may be having fun at others expense but you are taking away your credibility with a lack of knowledge and comprehension

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4