Supposed "Crisis at Manly" Megathread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Thank you for your Service

What you all forget is there is no certainty that turtle or foran will stay. So minus the disgruntled and retirees we could be the sharks for a few seasons or worse - could finish the club.

BOZO said:
winnyason said:
Life goes on, no one is bigger bozo, vautin, beaver all had too go. Then following the great era of the mid to late 90s Tezza, spud, ridge, hopa. We have been very lucky.
If they want to go then so be it, we will rebuilt keep dce,foz, ferris develop gutherson and the turbo boys.
We cannot get gun held to our head. So disappointed in choc a local junior been here since 2002.
what will Choc prove or gain if he leaves us ?

The honor and pride of standing up for his mate. Just like a digger in the field who won't leave a wounded mate behind. Loyalty to a mate that he has been through many battles with. Shared highs and lows. Some of you have never done this so will never understand what it means to be in a band of brothers. Sometimes you have to stand tall when you see what you believe to be an injustice.

A mans gotta do what a mans gotta do.

RE: Triple M

I asked this in another thread a while ago.
Does anyone know what Glenn Stewart signed on for at Souffs? The silence is deafening on this, surely it can't be what he wanted or expected at Manly but would have to be what the NRL notionally valued him at.
So....does anyone know?

Maybe him not getting offered a new deal by Manly wasn't about $$$, was there more to it?

My two cents worth on the latest release rumours.

"We can't play with our mate/brother so we'll all split up and take less money at different clubs ( and tarnish our legacy in the process )" - doesn't make sense to me.
Didn't hear any of this stuff when Kitey was getting moved on.
The only way they could get comparable $$ is UK Superleague or Jap Rugby, really??

the mauler said:
damiennp90 said:
I'm sorry boys. This is really getting me down. We're a great club. I know glen went but so did Steve Menzies and all our other greats. People have to move on. I think it was confirmed for al least 2 players want out and maybe snake. It just brings down the win. Manly can say we won't release anyone but then there playing and don't really care. Just being professional. No passion.
Didn't look like they didn't care tonight.
They all played with a lot of passion tonight Matai left the field injured and in a lot of pain and he came back bandaged to finish the match

Jerry1 said:
The honor and pride of standing up for his mate. Just like a digger in the field who won't leave a wounded mate behind. Loyalty to a mate that he has been through many battles with. Shared highs and lows. Some of you have never done this so will never understand what it means to be in a band of brothers. Sometimes you have to stand tall when you see what you believe to be an injustice.

Yeah... It's football. And in the salary cap era it reeks of petulant childishness.

To be honest, the parallel drawn is almost offensive.

RE: Next on 9 news: Crisis at Manly

damiennp90 said:
Masked Eagle said:
The thing that hurts a bit as a supporter who loves this club is the players seems to have become insular that they are playing for each other, but necessarily the maroon and white. I know they are professional athletes who should be looking after themselves first and foremost but part of me hoped the reason we have been such a great club is because of who we are, as a club, as a group of supporters. But are we really just like every other team where the players show up for a paycheck? Probably not, but a tiny bit of what I thought made us extra special gets diminished with actions like this.

Completely agree. That's why I'm a bit down. Im angry now. Piss off the players who don't want to be part of it. And replace them with young, eager players who buy into the culture we have. Don't get some older players wreck it. Even if they help create it.
I agree. The club will save $$$$$ as well. Bring up the players we need from our juniors and get them used to playing 1st grade, they know the playing structure and the drills here. Other clubs are playing their juniors and we have some great young fresh talent itching to play 1sts here with enthusiasm and we don't want to lose them either to other clubs who could give them this opportunity

bob dylan said:
Kids getting killed in the Middle East, Planes getting shot out of the sky and how is this even newsworthy.

I think we turn to simple pleasures bob (like our footy) to help us get past those immense issues.

Although, there are some terrible turncoats here...lol!

For years we bask in our excellence, and the first signs of unrest, people want these legends to walk the plank!

It's as natural as night following day (careers come to a crossroad) and players leave. Even 10 yr veterans. And whilst Manly is bigger than any player, it's also fair to say that the club is actually made up of these special men. And deserve a bit more respect and gratitude than that.

It's obviously not crisis-enough to effect on-field performances; and that just emphasizes to me how magnificent this Manly-group is.

It may well be driving the senior core (including Skivy, Snake, Choc, even King etc) even more fiercely to make this season a success.

Whatever happens thereafter, Manly will adapt; and I'll never lose sight of what this generation have done for my unequalled and irreplaceable footy team.

Jerry1 said:
What you all forget is there is no certainty that turtle or foran will stay. So minus the disgruntled and retirees we could be the sharks for a few seasons or worse - could finish the club.

BOZO said:
winnyason said:
Life goes on, no one is bigger bozo, vautin, beaver all had too go. Then following the great era of the mid to late 90s Tezza, spud, ridge, hopa. We have been very lucky.
If they want to go then so be it, we will rebuilt keep dce,foz, ferris develop gutherson and the turbo boys.
We cannot get gun held to our head. So disappointed in choc a local junior been here since 2002.
what will Choc prove or gain if he leaves us ?

A man with honour and pride who stands by his mates doesn't do that in a public forum if he has integrity. You can stand by your mates without having to drag the club and fans through the sludge. In fact, a real digger does that stuff without needing to create a soapbox and public hooha about it. The club and fans are not the bad guys here and deserve much better. I'd be interested to hear about this "injustice" you speak of?

Jerry1 said:

So........ you saying they should join the enemy then if things don't go all their own way?

The disappointing thing about Choc and Gift etc is they have no class whatsoever.

Take a leaf out of the Menzies book boys, cop it on the chin and move on.

Please don't disrespect our diggers by comparing them to these overpaid and spoilt brats. Our diggers went to war, these blokes play football. There is no comparison ever.

Jatz Crackers said:
Will you people never learn.

Jatz, I've tried as well but it's like trying to knock down a Giza pyramid with a mushy pea.

well Zorba,I hope you are happy,you are the mastermind behind all this,you have a dummy spit because you dont get your way,so the next best thing you do is decide to rip apart a club you love so much and are so passionate about,well done,I hope you are enjoying the headlines.The guy I feel sorry for is Tooves,he has to bring these guys together everyday,and deal with the media as well,how would he be feeling right now

Gifty was reported to have signed for 650k for 2 years.

His wish to stay in Sydney, to save relocating his young family, probably saw him forfeit an even bigger contract in Canberra.

With his ankle issues, Manly called time on this great Player just at the right time :sleepy:

You're all freaking out like this kitten at those lizards!

For those ADD amongst us, start at the 30 second mark!

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY-zngxmT_U[/video]

I'm not bothered by this at all. Let them go if they want to go I say. Brett leaves, Gutherson slots straight in and will grow and develop. Skivvy goes, Hiku slots straight in to centre and Turbo Tom or Cheyse Blair to the wing. Choc goes and we have a backrow of Buhrer, Horor, Symonds or Lui with Jake Turbo joining the bench.

Sure, it's not quite as strong a side as it is now, but it sure is a top 8 side that is developing.

I for one have absolutely no concerns about this except that I would like it brought to a head.

Ralphie said:
I'm not bothered by this at all. Let them go if they want to go I say. Brett leaves, Gutherson slots straight in and will grow and develop. Skivvy goes, Hiku slots straight in to centre and Turbo Tom or Cheyse Blair to the wing. Choc goes and we have a backrow of Buhrer, Horor, Symonds or Lui with Jake Turbo joining the bench.

Sure, it's not quite as strong a side as it is now, but it sure is a top 8 side that is developing.

I for one have absolutely no concerns about this except that I would like it brought to a head.

If they want to go let them go, I can't see Choc and snake getting better deals than what they have next year and doesn't snake have another 3 year contract on very good money to go, which other club is going to match it, maybe cronulla or Canberra, good luck there.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6