Supporting a team because of their jersey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
Do you know of anyone who has started supporting a team, because of the teams jersey.

A mate of mine just reminded me that many years ago when he started getting into nrl he started supporting the rabbits cause their jersey was the colours of the Italian flag (he is italian). He is a committed fan to this day.

Would be interested to know if anyone on here started supporting the eagles cause cause of their love for eagles or the colour maroon. :)

Yeah last night i went for the bulldogs because our jersey was camouflage and i didn't like the colour.

Napper said:
Yeah last night i went for the bulldogs because our jersey was camouflage and i didn't like the colour.

Last nite certainly wasn't the night for signing up new manly fans based on jersey aesthetics.

It wasn't a looker

Napper said:

Agree. No disrespect to the Anzac's, but that jersey was up there with that sh!t green thing they wore years ago at the Sunny Coast trial.

Well back in 1980 a 4 year old who could have been me ;)
One Saturday on the abc balmain were playing manly I had no idea who manly was decided to cheer for the tigers in black and gold much to my dad and older brothers disgust. I was promptly sent to my room for the remainder of the afternoon.

The following week manly played a sky blue, black and white team called the sharks the same 4 year old jumped on the sharks bandwagon and again after clip over my rathole by my brother I was again sent to my room. I'm a quick learner and have been a manly fan ever since lol.

as a 4 year old i started playing footy for the brighton seagulls. One sunday evening i was watching footy on tv with my dad. Manly was one of the teams, i dont recall the other. My dad told me that the manly sea eagles were once known as the seagulls ( i know that that bit of history is in dispute). That was enough for me. In 2010 my 5 year old son started playing for brighton seagulls, ive used the same story to recruit him. I dont know that i have him fully brainwashed yet, its a work in progress.

I know a lot of Greeks who came out years ago supported the Bulldogs because of the blue and white of their flag matching the jerseys.
I supported Manly cos they beat the dogs back in 81 and stuck with them since.

eagleE said:
I know a lot of Greeks who came out years ago supported the Bulldogs because of the blue and white of their flag matching the jerseys.
I supported Manly cos they beat the dogs back in 81 and stuck with them since.

Combination of Greek flag and George Peponis. They were actually a half decent club back then...

bones said:
My grandfather had a jersey cow named 'Manly' , so I became a fan because of a jersey.

Boom boom...

Using the Italian bloke's love affair with Souffs because of the red and green, I did a quick wikipedia search to find national flags of maroon and white- thinking we could entice new fans...
F.ck me we are in trouble- Qatar and Latvia.

Yes, Lived in queenscliff and went to 1st manly game in 1968 and have supported the seagulls...oops I mean sea eagles ever since.

Personally I think the maroon and white is the best looking jersey in the NRL and the emblem of the flying eagle epitomise the manly spirit.

yup,
every female fan.

(just kidding ladies, just from other clubs obv!)

*digs hole*

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8