Supporter groups names?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thanks Wombat but I hate to tell you I am a republican and could not give a rats arse for the Queen and her cohorts.....for Australia. They do a great job for tourism in the UK and that's where they should stay!!

Back to the topic.

This has been "doing the rounds" for years and I remember back when I first got involved with the MWTS the club was keen to start an unofficial supporters group and was looking for a name.

The MWTS group "evolved" but that's really just for those that travel away.

Vid is totally spot on, there's a whole bunch of different people (all with their own "groups") as such who sit in all parts of Brookvale. I have been on the Hill with Vids crew, on the hill with the Push it up crew and in the Jane Try stand and they all offer "benefits".

You could not get any more passionate supporters, who spend truck loads of dollars to be at every game, than Bluedog and Jonesey.....but get them to move away from where they have been sitting for years.....no chance.

WHICH is why the MWTS is so special, all those people sit together, and the noise they make is incredible.

As to a name....I think the Silvertails is a great "fit".....we are known in the league community for that so why not.

MWTS for the away crew

Silvertails at home and at finals games

Thanks for the input Mark and Vid.

If I got a sign made up for the group and 'donated' it what should it read?

I'm leaning towards 'Eagles Nest' but I can see the reasoning behind Silvertails. 

I'd love two signs Ant

A MWTS one and the other (in my mind) would be "We are the Silvertails".

Both to travel to "away games"...There's no reason the Silvertails one couldn't appear at all home games either.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
I'd love two signs Ant

A MWTS one and the other (in my mind) would be \"We are the Silvertails\".

Both to travel to \"away games\"...There's no reason the Silvertails one couldn't appear at all home games either.

Hadn't made it any easier mate.

BTW hopefully this sign will make it's debut @ round 1. Then I'll give it to some of the NSW guy's to make sure it keeps fronting up @ games.

Eventually I would love to see a "Hey Gus/Rabs/Wazza we're the Silvertails(or the Eagle's Nest)" - like the "Gus shut up"
So it get's out there and other people get behind it.

So make your decision people!!

Ant

I'd do the Silvertails one.........as in the New Year I'll probably call for people to throw in some money for a MWTS banner. It would be a proper one (ie not homemade) and would go to all the away games (so would need to reside in Sydney).

It might cost $500-$600 to get it done, so probably I'll "underwrite it" with a view to having the regulars chuck in $20 extra, perhaps when they book on their first trip.

Someone did a sign this year that had MWTS (it features on the video) but I think it was just a homemade one and in preference a proper one that will last 4 or 5 year would be fantastic.

Just make sure that no Bulldog supporter disappears down the back of the hill with the sign, never to be seen again. It would start a few good threads though..... ;)

Rusty had a really good one made up that he had on the fence at the back of the group at Kogarah for the semi this season.

I seem to remember he posted that it was damaged by some Dragons fans?

Mark, Sundance has some dealing with professional signage and posters and had a few done a while ago (including the "40-0 Grapple that") so he'd be worth a chat to?

Ant, maybe hang back until we see what Bren can do for us?

I'll be seeing Brendan @ the Allstars game in Feburary and ask him how he went about it.
I found the site he went through though.

hmm i might shell out for a Silvertails banner if I can find some valunteers to tote it to games

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Ant

I'd do the Silvertails one.........as in the New Year I'll probably call for people to throw in some money for a MWTS banner. It would be a proper one (ie not homemade) and would go to all the away games (so would need to reside in Sydney).

It might cost $500-$600 to get it done, so probably I'll \"underwrite it\" with a view to having the regulars chuck in $20 extra, perhaps when they book on their first trip.

Someone did a sign this year that had MWTS (it features on the video) but I think it was just a homemade one and in preference a proper one that will last 4 or 5 year would be fantastic.
mark mate i can help you out with a large skin my mate use to do the billboards but he had to quit because he injured himself.. well any way he has about 10  , 5mtrs X 7mtrs long still at his place if you turn them over thy are all white, you could then just get some one to do your writing on it & thats all you would have to pay for is the sign writing  instead of getting charge for the vinyl skin plus the signage.. you can have them for nothing if you interested, its funny  because only last week end while we were fishing i bought it up asking him if he said had any of them skins lying about he told me he has about 10 still at home... 

Point to remember re banners...Some ground prohibit them or you have to pre-register them (dependant upon size)

I know of at least one of the regulars that has been through this exercise so i can point people in his direction if need be

From mwse.com.au match day venue info...

"The Sea Eagles reserve the right to restrict the use of flag poles of more than 1.4 metres in length or oversized banners and flags if they are deemed to be a public nuisance, a security or injury risk."

Shouldn't be a drama and the game day manager at Brooky is always very helpful so again I can help with introductions if need be to avoid any problems in getting over sized banners in to the ground

Dan

As I have said already ideally I'd like two banners, a MWTS banner that can be taken to all away games and that would be flown proudly where we all are seated (also shows the importance of sitting together at away games as the more the merrier and the better TV expsosure we get as well).

And then if the "we are the Silvertails" (with www.silvertails.net underneath) is  also done, that could be taken to all away games and also could appear at Brookvale as well.

But getting the right person(s) to take care of it are important and they certainly need to be people that attend most if not all games, Vidmar obviously is a great choice but I'd imagine he'd be in control (I hope) of the MWTS banner.

As far as payment for said banner is concerned, I am going to do a "call" for funds from my regulars, payable perhaps in a small "levy" on each trip booked, this would be for the MWTS banner, with the facebook page we have set up showing underneath....I think that will be www.facebook.com/mwts which we are setting up now.

IMO the banners are not only about making a "statement" they should be about promoting the "brand" as well, so the addition of the website addresses on each one I feel is very important.

I'd be positive that the Sivertails.net members would "kick the can" for the cost rather than you having to fork out for it....very different thing if you were charging everyone a fee for access BUT we need to all be VERY aware that Dan does this for love NOT money and as such should not have to fork out to get this done.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1290557084[/time]

AND (I forgot to add) we'd need to make them a size that's both easily transportable and not an issue to any other grounds.

VistaPrint.com.au do some good ones for pretty cheap and that is probably the way to go with their large ones for $75 or so.

I need to see if I can get the logo at the top of the page vectorized and the pixelation increased on it so that we can use that on a banner etc.

Any photoshop experts out there want to give that a go?

Dan

I did a MWTS banner for the last game of the year and will be doing another for the new season, the issue is finding a material that wont rip in the wind/ hands of other supporters.

Rusty link said:
I did a MWTS banner for the last game of the year and will be doing another for the new season, the issue is finding a material that wont rip in the wind/ hands of other supporters.

it's probably worth getting a few dollars together and getting proper canvas banners made, they will look better and last longer

Just from watching live sports - both NRL and soccer football here in Oz - we Manly fans must be the most placid fans around.  I think it might have to do with most manly fans being " normal " people without issues , as compared to some fan groups we could mention , or are well aware of.  Trying to mobilise people to sit together is almost an impossible task , as has been mentioned in this thread previously.

As far as organising anything goes , IMO - i believe contact should be made with all known groups of fans etc - rockers , silvertails etc - and a summer time get together arranged to discuss these types of things , with regards to banners esp. and also to chants etc.  Maybe a BBQ - touch footy day , get together over summer, and this could also act as a chance for people to donate to such things as banners etc, when they see these things being organised properly , and there is a general consensus??  Anyways , esp if we are going to be visible on tv etc , with such banners , the name should be something that all age groups can relate to and not draw any ctiticism from sponsors / broadcasters - for what its worth my suggestion is  " Manly Fanatics ". 

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2