Supporter Group Behaviour

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CussCuss link said:
It was appropriate! I was told my opinion was worthless because I dont have crotch fruit. It was as offensive to me and the same response would have been given in real life. Besides, it was censored, isnt that ok? People are ok with the intent, you can boo and call players whatever you want as long as they arent the magic 5 or 6 words.

If you think your kids are innocent past about 10 years old, you need to take off your rose coloured parent glasses.

So just because that is the way society today is heading that makes it ok does it? 10 year olds having no respect and doing what they want? Trust me, having kids changes your mindset dramatically. At least for some people it does....

abnc link said:
[quote author=Duff link=topic=184953.msg289481#msg289481 date=1283322023]
[quote author=abnc link=topic=184953.msg289478#msg289478 date=1283320936]
[quote author=CussCuss link=topic=184953.msg289473#msg289473 date=1283319963]
Go f**k yourself with a rake, just because you have kids, doesnt mean you have infinite knowledge of kids/parenting and make everyone elses opinion null.

'Have you played top level footy? If not, your opinion doesnt count after that.'

I didn't say i know it all, but until you have kids you can't understand how your feelings towards abusive/offensive behaviour changes. When i was single i couldn't have cared less, but when you have kids you don't want them to be confronted with that sort of behaviour.

Bad language doesn't bother me, but why should i let me kids be introduced to that sort of thing early. My kids are 2 and 1. Duff seems to think that bad language should be the norm in society. Let's see what he thinks when/if he has kids...

And Duff saying to remember what it was like being a kid. I do, and the one thing that was great about being a kid was being innocent. Not having a care in the world. I don't want my kids to grow up too early, i want them to enjoy their youth. Everyone grows up eventually, but they don't have to grow up at 2...
[/quote]

I just don't see it at grown up or immature. Cool or uncool.

To me it's just the way it is. Shrugs shoulders.

It just pisses me off when people feel they need to whinge about others when nothing has been done to them.
[/quote]

Mate, I'm not whining at all. I just object to people saying its ok for children to be around people swearing etc. I'm no saint, but I want my kids to grow up being decent kids and not dropping the F bomb every 5 seconds. When i take my son to the footy I go to the family hill area. I have no problem with the people in the main hill area that need to let their frustration out. That's not what I am talking about.

But you obviously believe that kids hearing offensive language is ok. That is what i am totally against.
[/quote]

The F bomb wont put him in jail or anywhere else,its common language,i mean i work in a smash repairers,all day around a bunch of guys saying just whatever comes into my mind,i cant help but take my work home with me in some way or another

it just happens to be a bunch of Fs Cs and whatever other rubbish ive been able to conjur up at the point where my finger/hand/foot/other gets hit/run over/squashed or cut,for some of us folk,its just pure habit we either cant (me) or dont want to break (yobbos)

My collar goes whatever colour the paint is im working with and ill continue to go for the same team i have my whole life,lame assed jokes or not

Relating back to the original post

Is throwing something at someone acceptable behaviour and part of society these days as well ?

I'm just laughing at people on here having a crack at others for being namby pamby parents, when I know for a fact these guys don't even have kids.  

I guess its too complex for some.  

abnc link said:
[quote author=CussCuss link=topic=184953.msg289487#msg289487 date=1283323262]
It was appropriate! I was told my opinion was worthless because I dont have crotch fruit. It was as offensive to me and the same response would have been given in real life. Besides, it was censored, isnt that ok? People are ok with the intent, you can boo and call players whatever you want as long as they arent the magic 5 or 6 words.

If you think your kids are innocent past about 10 years old, you need to take off your rose coloured parent glasses.

So just because that is the way society today is heading that makes it ok does it? 10 year olds having no respect and doing what they want? Trust me, having kids changes your mindset dramatically. At least for some people it does....
[/quote]

Im sure it does change your mindset, noone is claiming it doesnt. Also, noone is claiming that you can't choose to have your kids not around offensive (to you) language. Family hills are there for that reason.

What is being said is that when people go to the footy and end up on the hill, they know exactly what they are in for. Most people can figure out that kids arent going to be destroyed by a bit of 'bad' language but if you do feel that way, family hill is over there and make sure you don't ever listen to what your kids say in the playground or you will have a heart attack. I mean geez, this is the prime age where kids are just learning about the world, have dirty little adolescant minds, laugh at fart jokes (some never stop laughing) and try to look up the dirtiest weird words in the dictionary they can find.

Also is what we dont want, is just because someone has suddently discovered the miracle of knocking someone up doesnt mean they are now responsible for the morals of society and know better than everyone else. Because we are ****ing sick of it.

You should also read up a bit on history, society has been on the 'decline' for the last 400 years apparently (rock and roll being devils music if you want a good example).

I'm actually getting pretty sick and tired of people saying that they "used to swear and do drugs and drink" but now they have a kid they are running the high moral line and believe they are saints. As with Cuss Cuss, I am sick and tired of this hypocritical attitude.

I may not have a child but I know what is right and wrong and I can tell you my morals and values won't change from now and into the future because that would make me a hypocrite as well.

I love kids and want to have a couple of my own but I am a realist. They will hear these words. It is up to you as parents to teach them when and when not to use them. The best call I heard was a friend said to her kids that they were "adult words" and as they are not adults they cannot use them. Worked wonders. They can know the words and, if brought up properly, don't have to use them. That is how I will bring up my kids as, unless I do a Fritzl and lock my kids in a basement, they will hear these words no matter where they go. You just have to live with this.

The Gronk link said:
I'm just laughing at people on here having a crack at others for being namby pamby parents, when I know for a fact these guys don't even have kids.  

I guess its too complex for some.  

Again Gronk, it's like us here commenting on 1st grade footy, which we could be doing if everybody just said I was right. :)

You get a lot of perspective from the outside that is clouded by emotion when you're personally involved.

Jono link said:
I'm actually getting pretty sick and tired of people saying that they \"used to swear and do drugs and drink\" but now they have a kid they are running the high moral line and believe they are saints. As with Cuss Cuss, I am sick and tired of this hypocritical attitude.

I may not have a child but I know what is right and wrong and I can tell you my morals and values won't change from now and into the future because that would make me a hypocrite as well.

I love kids and want to have a couple of my own but I am a realist. They will hear these words. It is up to you as parents to teach them when and when not to use them. The best call I heard was a friend said to her kids that they were \"adult words\" and as they are not adults they cannot use them. Worked wonders. They can know the words and, if brought up properly, don't have to use them. That is how I will bring up my kids as, unless I do a Fritzl and lock my kids in a basement, they will hear these words no matter where they go. You just have to live with this.

I dont yet have kids, but am smart enough and mature enough to realise that some things from my past weren't exactly things that I am proud of. They are also things I regret.

One day you have to grow up and realise acting like a fool really just makes you out to be one

Correct Dan

Sometimes you just have to recognize what situation you are in and adapt your behaviour to what is acceptable in that environment. I am a big user of the Karmichael Hunt word, but had a friend that despised it so I had to try and tone it down around her.

Should always try and show a bit of respect to each different environment you are in, footy environment you go along to passionately support a side and a few swear words here and there is acceptable enough in that situation.

Some of what I said above I suppose is a bit hypocritical after some of my recent carry on though lol

Theres been a radio ad I've heard over the last couple of days, with a liitle kid talking to his dad about fathers day, and the dad hinting he'd like them all to got to Brookie to watch the footy. I think it's advertising some family special deal.

my 2 cents

Having kids does not make you an expert. Just like having played first grade football does not make you an expert

It gives you a different perspective especially compared to those who have not experinced it.

For me I do not want to take my son to a place where he wil be exposed to bad language. Yes it happens, yes i use it but i would prefer my son not use it. Just like i would like my son to stand up for adults on public transport i would prefer if hedid not swear

So what do i do? I avoid places like the hill etc. From what I have gathered Vid / Mark would have a fairley inclusive environment but one that might not be appropiate for kids....so i might chose not to bring my son

Not that hard really....

Jono link said:
[quote author=ayjay007 link=topic=184953.msg289483#msg289483 date=1283322736]
With regard to bad language,why should we bother about it at the footy? People are now able to call cops \"f*****g this\",and \"f*****g that\".It's basically not even against the law any more.And have you heard the language that most people aged 13 to 50 use in public? (male and female-although the latter is sometime worst)

I agree with you but there is also a thing called respecting the arm of the law and respecting your elders. People that swear at a cop should be locked up due to disrespecting a law enforcement officer. I might swear at the footy but I would never swear AT my elders or the law
[/quote]

I agree with that Jono.My post was just getting at the way we have different morals these days.I was taught to respect the law and my elders,too.

Dan link said:
[quote author=Jono link=topic=184953.msg289510#msg289510 date=1283325888]
I'm actually getting pretty sick and tired of people saying that they \"used to swear and do drugs and drink\" but now they have a kid they are running the high moral line and believe they are saints. As with Cuss Cuss, I am sick and tired of this hypocritical attitude.

I love kids and want to have a couple of my own but I am a realist. They will hear these words. It is up to you as parents to teach them when and when not to use them. The best call I heard was a friend said to her kids that they were \"adult words\" and as they are not adults they cannot use them. Worked wonders. They can know the words and, if brought up properly, don't have to use them. That is how I will bring up my kids as, unless I do a Fritzl and lock my kids in a basement, they will hear these words no matter where they go. You just have to live with this.

I dont yet have kids, but am smart enough and mature enough to realise that some things from my past weren't exactly things that I am proud of. They are also things I regret.

One day you have to grow up and realise acting like a fool really just makes you out to be one
[/quote]

So what do you class as acting like a fool? I don't think saying a few swear words here or there comes into play as you being a fool.

Destroying public property? yes. Throwing stuff at people? yes. Physically fighting people? yes. These are all actions of fools that need to grow up. We are not condoning any of these behaviours and anyone that behaves like that should not be allowed to join the MWTS.

As for swear words, anyone is allowed by all rights to say these words (in moderation of course). Its not like everyone is putting 30 swear words together and forming a sentence. If they are they need a better vocabulary. However, having chants with swear words in them, swearing at the refs for a bad call, swearing at your players for ****ing up, its all going to happen and doesn't mean that I have to grow up.

I can tell you right now that there are people double my age, with kids that have a mouth worse than I do....I am actually one of the tamest on the hill and that is saying something. I think I only swore once before that disgraceful decision against Lyon and that is a record for me.

People need to get off their high horse sometimes because my neck hurts looking up at them.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Correct Dan

Sometimes you just have to recognize what situation you are in and adapt your behaviour to what is acceptable in that environment. I am a big user of the Karmichael Hunt word, but had a friend that despised it so I had to try and tone it down around her.

Should always try and show a bit of respect to each different environment you are in, footy environment you go along to passionately support a side and a few swear words here and there is acceptable enough in that situation.

Some of what I said above I suppose is a bit hypocritical after some of my recent carry on though lol

I agree to an extent as that is the job of the parent to teach their kids when and when not to use it. However, I do think what you are saying goes both ways. You as a parent are taking a child into an environment that has people that are drinking and swearing. You are outnumbered in this case. Why should everyone else change their behaviour and watch what they say for one person?

In saying everything I have said, I am mindful of what I say around kids and in a lot of cases words slip out. However, as we have all said before, there is a family hill and why should I be the one that feels bad when a swear word is dropped when the child shouldn't be in the area in the first place when you know what is going to be said?

All I am saying is stop passing the blame onto us when it is your decision as a parent to take them in the alcohol area. You are telling us to grow up? How about some people take responsibilty for their actions and realise that you made the decision to bring a child into the alcohol area. We didn't ask/tell you to bring them. I take responsibility for my actions and therefore I believe that that makes me more mature than people that don't ;)

Jono link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=184953.msg289524#msg289524 date=1283330964]
Correct Dan

I agree to an extent as that is the job of the parent to teach their kids when and when not to use it. However, I do think what you are saying goes both ways. You as a parent are taking a child into an environment that has people that are drinking and swearing. You are outnumbered in this case. Why should everyone else change their behaviour and watch what they say for one person?

In saying everything I have said, I am mindful of what I say around kids and in a lot of cases words slip out. However, as we have all said before, there is a family hill and why should I be the one that feels bad when a swear word is dropped when the child shouldn't be in the area in the first place when you know what is going to be said?

All I am saying is stop passing the blame onto us when it is your decision as a parent to take them in the alcohol area. You are telling us to grow up? How about some people take responsibilty for their actions and realise that you made the decision to bring a child into the alcohol area. We didn't ask/tell you to bring them. I take responsibility for my actions and therefore I believe that that makes me more mature than people that don't ;)
[/quote]

Yes mate, as I said, you assess the situation, and that goes for both parties, if I don't want to hear swearing there are certain places I wont bother going

To the people on this thread defending swearing and yobbo behaviour who have no respect for others,what would you think if I showed no respect to you by lighting up a cigerette amongst you on the hill?
As a smoker I realise some don't like to be around cigerette smoke and that has to be respected as with swearing..
Seems some fans think they can behave with no respect for others or themselves,but would most probably be the first to cry foul if someone done something that offended them!!!
Yes! I let out a few choice words during the footy,but to defend yourself by saying in a round-a-bout way"stuff ya's I don't have kids so I don't give a **** what they hear" is laughable...
Pull your heads in!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7