Supporter Group Behaviour

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bradza link said:
[quote author=Duff link=topic=184953.msg289396#msg289396 date=1283308665]
Contrary to popular belief, the football is not a freindly family fun activity. It's blokes watching blokes tear each other apart. It's grog & gambling.

What a load of tripe. You really do live on your own little planet don't you Duff!?
[/quote]

Perhaps you just live on different sides of the moon,The garden shed is covered in semi bogans whos hearts pump maroon and white and occasionally if not often yell abusive natured things at opponent fans and players

The family hill and both stands consist of people who dont drink,swear etc but cheer theyre team on

Away trips are a different story,we wedge ourselves into the same bay or close by and we do what we'd do back at brookie at another venue,the bogany types (myself included) yell and scream,we bait opposition fans and players alike while the family hill/stands people are stuck with us,listening to whatever foul language comes out of our beer and bourbon infested mouths

Im sure if **** went south,you family hill/grandstand people would be safe,we wont hurt our own or let our own be hurt,live with us family people,we might offend you but in turn we make you that bit safer

Duff link said:
Sport is a dumb, bogan thing. That's it's beauty.

Nobody can be one dimensional.
I see no problem in going to an art exhibition followed by the theatre on a Saturday & getting all boganed up at the footy on a Sunday.
If everything just appeals to the masses, the mind will be stifled in a swamp of neutrality.

Couldn't agree more, I recently spent a bit of money going to Melbourne specifically to see exhibits in the Museum and Centre for Moving Image, so I consider myself a generally cultured person.

But I have an inner Bogan, and quite enjoy letting it out at the footy.

Life is all about balance, enjoying all aspects of life, and acting in an manner fit for whatever you happen to be doing, and at the footy acting like a Bogan is quite appropriate.

As Mark from Brisbane said the game is gladiatorial .... how do you guys think the Romans acted in the Colosseum ?

They probably yelled out "Matrem tuam pedicavi" frequently (that will keep some of you entertained on the interwebs).

As my wife, young nephew and myself were walking into the stands last sunday, we walked straight past bay 38/39 and into the outskirts for precisely this reason.We just didn't want to expose the young bloke to the language and antics of the travelling manly supporters group.As a young footballer himself, we do not condone a total lack of respect towards match officials and other fans.This is a game of football and nothing else and is in NO way a reason to display lack of restraint,bad language and abuse.I wouldn't put up with it out in the street,and there is no way i will put up with it at the footy.

For those who make lame excuses,as seen here,I have one piece of advice.

Grow up and pull your heads in.You are a disgrace to the club,Australian society and fans.Suck it up fellas.

Brookie4eva link said:
[quote author=Duff link=topic=184953.msg289418#msg289418 date=1283312211]
Sport is a dumb, bogan thing. That's it's beauty.

Nobody can be one dimensional.
I see no problem in going to an art exhibition followed by the theatre on a Saturday & getting all boganed up at the footy on a Sunday.
If everything just appeals to the masses, the mind will be stifled in a swamp of neutrality.

, so I consider myself a generally cultured person.

[/quote]
that will do me
now ive heard everything you dirty groomer

Shane link said:
[quote author=Bradza link=topic=184953.msg289412#msg289412 date=1283311773]

hahaha hurt our own

Contrary to popular belief, the football is not a freindly family fun activity. It's blokes watching blokes tear each other apart. It's grog & gambling.

What a load of tripe. You really do live on your own little planet don't you Duff!?
[/quote]

Perhaps you just live on different sides of the moon,The garden shed is covered in semi bogans whos hearts pump maroon and white and occasionally if not often yell abusive natured things at opponent fans and players

The family hill and both stands consist of people who dont drink,swear etc but cheer theyre team on

Away trips are a different story,we wedge ourselves into the same bay or close by and we do what we'd do back at brookie at another venue,the bogany types (myself included) yell and scream,we bait opposition fans and players alike while the family hill/stands people are stuck with us,listening to whatever foul language comes out of our beer and bourbon infested mouths

Im sure if s**t went south,you family hill/grandstand people would be safe,we wont hurt our own or let our own be hurt,live with us family people,we might offend you but in turn we make you that bit safer
[/quote]

Rambofan...as I said you make your choices, and if I was there with my Grandkids I do exactly the same thing, but on my own I enjoy the "heat of the battle"...to each their own.

Shane link said:
[quote author=Bradza link=topic=184953.msg289412#msg289412 date=1283311773]

[/quote]

Im sure if s**t went south,you family hill/grandstand people would be safe,we wont hurt our own or let our own be hurt,live with us family people,we might offend you but in turn we make you that bit safer
[/quote]

from a hit movie..."you want us on that wall,you NEED us on that wall".Substitute wall for hill....and my apologies to Col Nathan Jessup.

Duff link said:
The most annoying thing in the world is the protective parent.
The one who'll threaten to punch someone for swearing in front of their kid. Great message that is. \"Don't swear but if someone annoys you, cause them bodily harm\". That is why we live in a violent society. Parents.

I'm probably older than some of the parents on this forum but because I don't have kids, I remember what it's like to be a kid.

I've been going to the football basically my whole life. It strted off with my Dad & by about ten I was going on my own.
I remember my old fella having a go at people who were going off their nuts & swearing. I also remember my reaction as a kid. I was embarrased that my Dad was acting like such a square, I wasn't upset by the yobs. I wanted to be one & I became one.
My Dad no longer comes to the football with me as HE'S too embarrassed to hang with me.

The moral of my story is. Parents, you're thinking about yourselves & not your kids. Don't put the \"think of the children\" guilt trip on everyone else. It's your problem.

I stopped reading after you said "I don't have kids". Your opinion of parents doesn't count after that.

Go f**k yourself with a rake, just because you have kids, doesnt mean you have infinite knowledge of kids/parenting and make everyone elses opinion null.

'Have you played top level footy? If not, your opinion doesnt count after that.'

Bradza link said:

[/quote]

Then what is it Bradza? All I see on that field is a bunch of blokes tearing each other apart for the fun of it. Duff is correct. Why should any of us have to change the way we behave because you have kids and decide to bring them into the ALCOHOL AREA? Its just the same as us telling you that you can't bring them into the alcohol area. We should be allowed to say what we want and you should be able to take your kids wherever you want.

However, if you bring your kids into the alcohol area then you will hear swearing, end of story. We are not watching tennis here guys...and even at the tennis you get swearing too...with silence in between.

A good question is this: why do you bring them to the alcohol areas in the first place when you know they might pick these things up? Is it because you want to have a drink? If so, why are you drinking while you are looking after the kids? I have a friend that a lot of people on here know (as they are my friends). He has a kid and wants to bring him to footy games. However, he has come to the conclusion that either a) he brings his kid and sits away from his mates in the Family Hill, or b) he drinks with us. He knows that there could be words that he doesn't want his kid to hear and he makes the decision, its one or the other.

I want a lot of people to join us. My drum doesn't work without people being loud and we need numbers to do that. However, our chants do have swear words in them. The funniest of them have swearing throughout them. On Sunday we were extremely good up until the 8 point try. People that are regulars will tell you that the swearing was the least they would have heard all season from us...until the penalty.

As Mark said, as what happened in Gold Coast and at the Roosters games, certain situations will fire off the cannons and then it is on for young and old. We saw it at the Gold Coast last year and we saw it last week.

I agree with most of everything Duff has said, I agree with Mark 100% and I agree with Vidmar 100%. I do not condone the attack on the chair but at least we didn't punch anyone, unlike what happened to one of my mates at the hands of 2 Roosters fans. We are a great bunch of people that would rather say a few swear words than lower ourselves to the level of some people who get violent. Our group has never been violent to other people and never will be.

I will leave with this: 2 years ago I was at the Roosters game and swore. The dad turned aroound, in front of his kid mind you and said that he would punch me if I swore again. Swearing is words but I would rather teach my kid to swear than condone violence.

/end of rant

CussCuss link said:
Go f**k yourself with a rake, just because you have kids, doesnt mean you have infinite knowledge of kids/parenting and make everyone elses opinion null.

'Have you played top level footy? If not, your opinion doesnt count after that.'

Sheez, I hope the little one aren't on the forum, its getting a bit rough.

:) :)

CussCuss link said:

I didn't say i know it all, but until you have kids you can't understand how your feelings towards abusive/offensive behaviour changes. When i was single i couldn't have cared less, but when you have kids you don't want them to be confronted with that sort of behaviour.

Bad language doesn't bother me, but why should i let me kids be introduced to that sort of thing early. My kids are 2 and 1. Duff seems to think that bad language should be the norm in society. Let's see what he thinks when/if he has kids...

And Duff saying to remember what it was like being a kid. I do, and the one thing that was great about being a kid was being innocent. Not having a care in the world. I don't want my kids to grow up too early, i want them to enjoy their youth. Everyone grows up eventually, but they don't have to grow up at 2...

abnc link said:
[quote author=CussCuss link=topic=184953.msg289473#msg289473 date=1283319963]

I didn't say i know it all, but until you have kids you can't understand how your feelings towards abusive/offensive behaviour changes. When i was single i couldn't have cared less, but when you have kids you don't want them to be confronted with that sort of behaviour.

Bad language doesn't bother me, but why should i let me kids be introduced to that sort of thing early. My kids are 2 and 1. Duff seems to think that bad language should be the norm in society. Let's see what he thinks when/if he has kids...

And Duff saying to remember what it was like being a kid. I do, and the one thing that was great about being a kid was being innocent. Not having a care in the world. I don't want my kids to grow up too early, i want them to enjoy their youth. Everyone grows up eventually, but they don't have to grow up at 2...
[/quote]

I just don't see it at grown up or immature. Cool or uncool.

To me it's just the way it is. Shrugs shoulders.

It just pisses me off when people feel they need to whinge about others when nothing has been done to them.

With regard to bad language,why should we bother about it at the footy? People are now able to call cops "f*****g this",and "f*****g that".It's basically not even against the law any more.And have you heard the language that most people aged 13 to 50 use in public? (male and female-although the latter is sometime worst)

CussCuss link said:

CussCuss

Pull you head in. that comment was so inappropriate it isn't funny.

You could have made that comment without the introduction

ayjay007 link said:
With regard to bad language,why should we bother about it at the footy? People are now able to call cops \"f*****g this\",and \"f*****g that\".It's basically not even against the law any more.And have you heard the language that most people aged 13 to 50 use in public? (male and female-although the latter is sometime worst)

I agree with you but there is also a thing called respecting the arm of the law and respecting your elders. People that swear at a cop should be locked up due to disrespecting a law enforcement officer. I might swear at the footy but I would never swear AT my elders or the law

It was appropriate! I was told my opinion was worthless because I dont have crotch fruit. It was as offensive to me and the same response would have been given in real life. Besides, it was censored, isnt that ok? People are ok with the intent, you can boo and call players whatever you want as long as they arent the magic 5 or 6 words.

If you think your kids are innocent past about 10 years old, you need to take off your rose coloured parent glasses.

Duff link said:
[quote author=abnc link=topic=184953.msg289478#msg289478 date=1283320936]
[quote author=CussCuss link=topic=184953.msg289473#msg289473 date=1283319963]

[/quote]

I just don't see it at grown up or immature. Cool or uncool.

To me it's just the way it is. Shrugs shoulders.

It just pisses me off when people feel they need to whinge about others when nothing has been done to them.
[/quote]

Mate, I'm not whining at all. I just object to people saying its ok for children to be around people swearing etc. I'm no saint, but I want my kids to grow up being decent kids and not dropping the F bomb every 5 seconds. When i take my son to the footy I go to the family hill area. I have no problem with the people in the main hill area that need to let their frustration out. That's not what I am talking about.

But you obviously believe that kids hearing offensive language is ok. That is what i am totally against.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7