Supporter Group Behaviour

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All clubs have this problem. I've been near so many moronic opposition supporters, it's not funny. I swear every now and again, but I try and avoid it. I don't mind people swearing, it's when they do it loud and incessantly that it's excessive. Kids are wrapped in far too much cotton wool these days, few of them are innocent - and there are far greater issues concerning kids/teens than being exposed to swearing. In saying that, they do need to be taught that swearing in most situations isn't acceptable. It's up to the parents to do this.

Alcohol is the main issue.

Manly To Win! link said:
All clubs have this problem. I've been near so many moronic opposition supporters, it's not funny. I swear every now and again, but I try and avoid it. I don't mind people swearing, it's when they do it loud and incessantly that it's excessive. Kids are wrapped in far too much cotton wool these days, few of them are innocent - and there are far greater issues concerning kids/teens than being exposed to swearing. In saying that, they do need to be taught that swearing in most situations isn't acceptable. It's up to the parents to do this.

Alcohol is the main issue.

Alcohol is not the main issue.
Violence is.

People need to learn that just because your're drunk doesn't mean you're allowed to punch someone. Just because someone swears at you doesn't mean you're allowed to stab them.

The hysteria is caused by the misplacing of blame,

And what CAUSES quite a bit of violence hmm? Your use of hysteria is ridiculous. Who wants a good day out ruined by drunken, or just plain idiots? I've read your earlier posts, and you clearly are firmly against this issue, so I'm not going to argue with you.

Duff link said:
The most annoying thing in the world is the protective parent.
The one who'll threaten to punch someone for swearing in front of their kid. Great message that is. \"Don't swear but if someone annoys you, cause them bodily harm\". That is why we live in a violent society. Parents.

I'm probably older than some of the parents on this forum but because I don't have kids, I remember what it's like to be a kid.

I've been going to the football basically my whole life. It strted off with my Dad & by about ten I was going on my own.
I remember my old fella having a go at people who were going off their nuts & swearing. I also remember my reaction as a kid. I was embarrased that my Dad was acting like such a square, I wasn't upset by the yobs. I wanted to be one & I became one.
My Dad no longer comes to the football with me as HE'S too embarrassed to hang with me.

The moral of my story is. Parents, you're thinking about yourselves & not your kids. Don't put the \"think of the children\" guilt trip on everyone else. It's your problem.

Spoken like a true tosser, with an opinion not based on fact.

The wise and worldly Duff. How much do you charge for parenting courses? I'm sure people will be lining up....

Can you teach them how to pull a cone at the same time?

Duff i thought i knew everything about parenting until i had my son

clontaago link said:
The wise and worldly Duff. How much do you charge for parenting courses? I'm sure people will be lining up....

Car boosting lessons are held on Saturdays for kids too

This is becoming a fun thread as well.

As I said it's simple....you want to sanitize things for your kids, find a spot that's beer / rum free and you'll "possibly" avoid most of this.

I am not a prolific swearer, I don't the F Bomb every second word to make myself appear "cool" but don't get me wrong in the heat of the moment (ie Checcin at the Goldie last year) I'll be the first to admit I let fly with a few profanities. I probably shouldn't have as Vids kids were just metres away but it was a highly charged moment in time and even he would say that this is just part of the game.

And seriously if you are that worried, I'd get Foxtel and stay home because you are going to encounter this situation at any game you go to.

And if anyone thinks that is bad try sitting at Suncorp Stadium in a Blues jumper during a State of Origin game....do that and you REALLY are in for something.

Mark from Brisbane link said:

As I said it's simple....you want to sanitize things for your kids, find a spot that's beer / rum free and you'll \"possibly\" avoid most of this.

I am not a prolific swearer, I don't the F Bomb every second word to make myself appear \"cool\" but don't get me wrong in the heat of the moment (ie Checcin at the Goldie last year) I'll be the first to admit I let fly with a few profanities. I probably shouldn't have as Vids kids were just metres away but it was a highly charged moment in time and even he would say that this is just part of the game.

And seriously if you are that worried, I'd get Foxtel and stay home because you are going to encounter this situation at any game you go to.

And if anyone thinks that is bad try sitting at Suncorp Stadium in a Blues jumper during a State of Origin game....do that and you REALLY are in for something.

The point I have been trying to make is not just swearing.

Swearing on it's own, though I find more and more vulgar these days, is only part of the problem, it is more to do with the overly aggressive and yobbo behavior that follows.

Ryan link said:
Swearing eh. I remember one fine night at Albion Park (a trial between Manly and The Dragons). In attendance was Dan, Chuckwood & I. I recall Dan raising his voice like he does, and used some colorful expletives. This little old bogan of a woman (obviously a local of Dapto), looked over and claimed to the three of us:-

\"If you keep using that foul language, I'll get my husband to come over there and do something about it.\"

Her husband was standing behind her whilst she was sitting on her chair. He raised his eyebrows and as soon as he possibly could (looking at the three of us), shook his head in a vigorous \"no the f**k WAY will that happen\" shake.

Hehehehe....

Moral of the story. You watch gladiators. You gotta expect a measured level of heat.
lol ryan thats near me  she wouldnt have been from dapto.. she would have been from the park  or oak flats..  we call em westies..  im sure if you came across some of the rougher ones  from there  it wouldnt have been as  happier  ending  for you`s lol.. their all  denim jacket wearing  bikie wanna be`s out that way ..

Mark from Brisbane link said:

As I said it's simple....you want to sanitize things for your kids, find a spot that's beer / rum free and you'll \"possibly\" avoid most of this.

I am not a prolific swearer, I don't the F Bomb every second word to make myself appear \"cool\" but don't get me wrong in the heat of the moment (ie Checcin at the Goldie last year) I'll be the first to admit I let fly with a few profanities. I probably shouldn't have as Vids kids were just metres away but it was a highly charged moment in time and even he would say that this is just part of the game.

It's not all nice and sanitised at my house sitting at home watching Manly on Fux or (on the rare occasions) channell number 9.I can be quite vocal toward the LCD at times,so she still hears one or two words of frustration (although you don't tend to get caught up in the emotions as much).

clontaago link said:

I'm  not trying to tell you how to raise your kids smart ar$e. I'm making two points.

1) Take a step back & remember what being a kid is like, not how you want your kids to be. I remember & the whole thing was a load of crap. I reckon I knew more than the oldies.
2) You chose to have kids. What's that to do with anybody else? Why should that impact on other people? Contrary to popular belief, the football is not a freindly family fun activity. It's blokes watching blokes tear each other apart. It's grog & gambling. It's tribal warfare.

And no, I'm not much of one for the old cones.

And you wonder why there is no money in the NRL

Yep lets market the game at single men who want to get on the piss and swear.

Seriously any successful product adapts through it’s customers life cycle i.e. You have family orientated areas. Otherwise you can attract mass appeal and stuck in one segment

Duff link said:
Contrary to popular belief, the football is not a freindly family fun activity. It's blokes watching blokes tear each other apart. It's grog & gambling.

What a load of tripe. You really do live on your own little planet don't you Duff!?

Sport is a dumb, bogan thing. That's it's beauty.

Nobody can be one dimensional.
I see no problem in going to an art exhibition followed by the theatre on a Saturday & getting all boganed up at the footy on a Sunday.
If everything just appeals to the masses, the mind will be stifled in a swamp of neutrality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7