Supporter Group Behaviour

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I decided to go to the game to watch my Sea Eagles play the Roosters, I regret this decision, let me tell you why.

I unfortunately sat in the same bay, Bay 37 with the Manly supporter group, I thought it would be a good experience, maybe hear some funny songs and chants. Unfortunately all I saw where a bunch of clowns acting like someone just murdered their Mother.

After the try (that I might say should not have been awarded) to Kenny-Dowell, these jokers decided to start using filthy language around children and families that were there trying to enjoy the game, I understand passion but this wasn't it, there was even one idiot sitting just down from me breaking the chair in front of them!

I have been a Manly supporter for over 30 years but yesterday I was embaressed to be a Manly supporter, with supporters like this no wonder there is so much Manly hating. You should all be ashamed of yourselves and you know who you are, and for the bloke who threw the football at the touch judge, have a good look in the mirror, do you really think that helps your team????

Absolutely shameful.

I was in bay 37 row Z with 2 kids - I didn't see or hear anything like that. I did see a few beer cups thrown on the pitch but that was it.

I know our guys aren't saints - I complained here about the same thing at a panthers match "I think it was".

?

You get them everywhere. I nearly had to stick the knuckles up with a Manly fan on the hill one day, the sad thing was his young fella was taking every aspect of this blokes behaviour in

Sorry to hear that heatseeker (love your name and the song).

It only takes a few dickheads with little bit of drink in them and that sort of thing spoils the day for everyone near them.

And an applaud for your first post.

Welcome.

That's unfortunate. I know many of the supporters that sit in the designated awY area but confident it wouldnt have been them. Shame a cpl of gooses can spoil for some.

Unfortunately,I missed the game due to change of plans.However,I have travelled with some of these guys all over the eastern seaboard and NZ supporting.I know it gets a little heated sometimes,but I've never seen any of that kind of behaviour-maybe the odd bit of bad language!I dont know who the culprits were at this game,but maybe Vidmar would have some input as to what transpired.As one other poster said,the worst he saw was a few plastic beer cups getting tossed.

Heatseeker link said:
and for the bloke who threw the football at the touch judge, have a good look in the mirror, do you really think that helps your team????

Absolutely shameful.

Thanks mate... i had a good look in the mirror this morning and i gotta say i like what i saw. The only thing i was embarrassed about is that I missed the pr#ck. I dont particularly care what you think of me.

Bones link said:
[quote author=Heatseeker link=topic=184953.msg288812#msg288812 date=1283158746]
and for the bloke who threw the football at the touch judge, have a good look in the mirror, do you really think that helps your team????

Absolutely shameful.

Thanks mate... i had a good look in the mirror this morning and i gotta say i like what i saw. The only thing i was embarrassed about is that I missed the pr#ck. I dont particularly care what you think of me.
[/quote]

You are awesome

sydsider link said:
You shouldve thrown some cat s**t at the blind mongrels.

Who take's their cats to a game ?

Robbie Farah was playing out at Leichhardt so couldn't be there to produce the goods

I was at the game in Bay 37 with my girlfriend and my kids

I had a friendly word with a couple of guys who's language was a tad too colourful for some of the young fans sitting close by but of course the penalty try decision meant that there was a fair bit of abuse chucked at the officials and passion was running high - you get that.

I didn't see the chucking of the ball or a seat being damaged but as has been said many times if you see this behaviour point it out to security.

If it is a choice of someone getting pinged I can live with that rather than our fans being labelled with a reputation that other clubs may have for poor behaviour of its fans.

As Ajaay says there will always be the odd choice word used (It is a game of footy) and there will be people that have been on the drink but in the main the group are pretty self managing and keep each other in check.

Sorry that you didn't enjoy the experience

Swearing eh. I remember one fine night at Albion Park (a trial between Manly and The Dragons). In attendance was Dan, Chuckwood & I. I recall Dan raising his voice like he does, and used some colorful expletives. This little old bogan of a woman (obviously a local of Dapto), looked over and claimed to the three of us:-

"If you keep using that foul language, I'll get my husband to come over there and do something about it."

Her husband was standing behind her whilst she was sitting on her chair. He raised his eyebrows and as soon as he possibly could (looking at the three of us), shook his head in a vigorous "no the **** WAY will that happen" shake.

Hehehehe....

Moral of the story. You watch gladiators. You gotta expect a measured level of heat.

47403_424811707342_604282342_5446973_4594978_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4