Support for your team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
And @Wombat Legacy , see what just two wins in a row does for the attitude of the posters??

Hardly a bad word on here in the two days since the win!!

Its been a tough year, our "annus horibilis" , and certainly the worst in more than a decade so it is unsurprising in any way that you'd see lots of negative comments on here, including many of mine, its just human nature.

If we could say win half of our remaining games (achievable I think) it would be a nice, yes not great, finish to 2016 and then we can focus on who is leaving who is coming and how 2017 might look.

Hope you are feeling better about Silvertails since last week.

Cheers buddy!!

Last edited:
giphy.gif

And @Wombat Legacy , see what just two wins in a row does for the attitude of the posters??

Its been a tough year, our "annus horibilis" , and certainly the worst in more than a decade so it is unsurprising in any way that you'd see lots of negative comments on here, including many of mine, its just human nature.

If we could say win half of our remaining games (achievable I think) it would be a nice, yes not great, finish to 2016 and then we can focus on who is leaving who is coming and how 2017 might look.

Cheers buddy!!
It is great to watch them putting the effort in. Something tells me that a few things have been ironed out internally. Great

Cheers buddy!!
So can we officially close down the Narks? :)

As Paul Keating said this is the recession we had to have!

I keep hearing people asking Sharks players if they need to have a loss before the finals. Ridiculous. A team needs 11 losses in order to hit the finals in peak shape.

I keep hearing people asking Sharks players if they need to have a loss before the finals. Ridiculous. A team needs 11 losses in order to hit the finals in peak shape.

Yes I wonder if the Sharks can win every game now to round 26 and create some sort of record.

Or maybe not lose another game this year , and that certainly would be some sort of record.

Actually if I dare go back to 2004 when the forum as created, it was on the back of not being given right of speech when the team was abismal.

This website was built in the back of robust debate and all opinions accepted.

This thread contradicts everything this forum stands for imo. You say what you say, people rebuke but above all nobody tells you what to think.

This is silvertails, embrace it.

Can't agree - people used to talk footy back then, propose structures, plays, there was in depth analysis and real thought.

Now it is predictable dribble most of the time just blaming the coach and or the fringe players covering injuries.

Can't agree - people used to talk footy back then, propose structures, plays, there was in depth analysis and real thought.

Now it is predictable dribble most of the time just blaming the coach and or the fringe players covering injuries.

I missed the first 4 years on here, but I agree to a certain extent however notwithstanding that I feel the biggest change is that we dominated the game from about 2006 to 2014 and every fan became so used to us winning most of the time and losing occasionally, and if we did lose we just blamed the refs.

Now its a complete different ball game, it started with the great "will they or won't they, no they won't, oh yes they can, back flip" period and then went to **** soon after.

Add to that " the purge" and its a recipe for finding someone to blame.

Unsurprising really, but it will settle down, when we are successful again (when ever that might be).

Dont forget Bozo & Ztc ...

I missed the first 4 years on here, but I agree to a certain extent however notwithstanding that I feel the biggest change is that we dominated the game from about 2006 to 2014 and every fan became so used to us winning most of the time and losing occasionally, and if we did lose we just blamed the refs.

Now its a complete different ball game, it started with the great "will they or won't they, no they won't, oh yes they can, back flip" period and then went to **** soon after.

Add to that " the purge" and its a recipe for finding someone to blame.

Unsurprising really, but it will settle down, when we are successful again (when ever that might be).
I would say the never ending moanfest started just after Des left ,and has held strong since then.

Dont forget Bozo & Ztc ...

Those are seperate issues to performance on the field, even me ( who doesn't exactly love ZtH) knows that what he does is just nepotism and has almost zero affect on what happens on the field ( with the possible exception of his family like support of the Stewart's ).

I would say the never ending moanfest started just after Des left ,and has held strong since then.

That was also a tough time, but remember we then continued on successfully with 2V in 2012/13 and the **** hit the fan late in 2014 with the cutting adrift of Gifty.

I guess it's a combination of many many issues that's created a plethora of very disgruntled posters.

There is no doubt that to be a successful team you need to have players that are prepared to work for one another. We haven't had that consistently for the past two seasons, but the game against the Worriers showed this team spirit may be returning.
I marvel at the continued success of the Storm, and the fact that they rarely have any disciplinary problems with players. Anyone care to speculate on why this is?

There is no doubt that to be a successful team you need to have players that are prepared to work for one another. We haven't had that consistently for the past two seasons, but the game against the Worriers showed this team spirit may be returning.
I marvel at the continued success of the Storm, and the fact that they rarely have any disciplinary problems with players. Anyone care to speculate on why this is?
The Storm system seems fairly impressive doesn't it. What might help is the fact that they exist in an AFL town where they appear to be left alone. Particularly by the media. It provides a platform for a very close knit organisation.

Winning hides all the negatives cause there is nothing to blame you get stronger together and want more of it. When you're loosing all the negatives seem to appear it creates doubt you look for reasons to blame someone or something
Winning is euphoria
Losing just sucks
Staying positive is the key back your team to come out the other side and feel that winning feeling

I think Bellamy is the key down there whether you like him or not
The players respect him and most likely fear him at times
If you don't do or follow his rules your out he will get someone else
You have discipline in that squad that keeps them competing
( i still hate them)

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8