Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lismore_fan

Bencher
Apart from the name, do we, MWSE, have anything at all to do with our Sunshine Coast brothers?

I see their colours have gone to blue but their win/ loss ratio is now 5 losses from 5 starts.

I know we don't have the player exchange as in the past but does the club have any assistance/ reciprocal rights etc?

Nope I dont think we have any input in to them anymore and what a crying shame it is too. They have slipped to also rans now in the QLD cup getting flogged and we have lost an enormous market to push our brand into. All because of the bloody minded stupidity of the NSWRL.If ever there was a screaming argument of why there needs to be one Independent governing commission for RL then this was an example of it.

It's easy to say that from up there Mick but our first responsibility has to be to our own area & the NSWRL has to get as much development from its own clubs as possible.

I thought it was a bit of a slap in the face to Northern Sydney when Manly went that way. We now have a definite path for development & retention of local juniors, which can only be a good thing.
Let the QRL look after Queensland. If we had the money to do both, I'd say great but you have to look after your own first.

lismore_fan said:
Apart from the name, do we, MWSE, have anything at all to do with our Sunshine Coast brothers?

I see their colours have gone to blue but their win/ loss ratio is now 5 losses from 5 starts.

I know we don't have the player exchange as in the past but does the club have any assistance/ reciprocal rights etc?

In regards to the SCSE colours have gone to there original colours before we got involved with them

Duff said:
It's easy to say that from up there Mick but our first responsibility has to be to our own area & the NSWRL has to get as much development from its own clubs as possible.

I thought it was a bit of a slap in the face to Northern Sydney when Manly went that way. We now have a definite path for development & retention of local juniors, which can only be a good thing.
Let the QRL look after Queensland. If we had the money to do both, I'd say great but you have to look after your own first.

Disagree Duff. The Sunshine coast is a burgeoning population area and it was a wonderful opportunity lost to expand the MWSE brand to a huge and young population base. Our membership could easily have been several thousand more if we were allowed to keep that partnership going but alas the short sightedness of the NSWRL has cost Manly a golden opportunity to expand and ensure its future survival. What a shame to see the 2009 premiership winning club now sitting bottom at 0 - 6 with a negative 212 after 6 games. They are now a joke of the QLD cup. The easy beat whipping boys.

Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles 6 0 0 0 6 0 74 286 -212

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8