Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I know that Manly is no longer affiliated with the SCSE but if anyone is interested, here is a link to their latest news:

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2011/01/04/coast-squad-starts-taking-shape-cup-squad-taking/

Thanks for the update. Im so pissed that we couldn't keep this relationship going. It was brilliant PR for the club. Good luck to sunny coast boys.

Well the Manly boys who played for them last year are pissed off as well.

Pissed off because they haven't been paid for their match fees.

ERNIE FOR NO7 link said:

I haven't heard that one Ernie. Do you have a source for more info?

Jethro link said:
[quote author=ERNIE FOR NO7 link=topic=186211.msg310897#msg310897 date=1294143014]

[/quote]
I'm sure it will be Maxies fault somehow :)

Thanks Jethro. I'll still be following the SCSE through the season & hopefully they will do just as good but I don't think they will.

Keep the posts coming please Jethro.

WAMF link said:
[quote author=Jethro link=topic=186211.msg310898#msg310898 date=1294143668]
[quote author=ERNIE FOR NO7 link=topic=186211.msg310897#msg310897 date=1294143014]

[/quote]
I'm sure it will be Maxies fault somehow :)
[/quote]

Chris Bailey had a hand in it somewhere too :)

Stiffi link said:
Thanks Jethro. I'll still be following the SCSE through the season & hopefully they will do just as good but I don't think they will.

Keep the posts coming please Jethro.

Yeah, I'll be keeping an eye on them too this year as they are still the team that I will follow in the QLD Cup Competition. It will be interesting to see if they keep their maroon & white strip and just play in their blue strip or even at some stage revert back to their Falcons name.

As for the posting of SCSE news, I will see what the continued response is. If people want it posted I will continue posting it. I'll just have to find out from Dan whether a link would be sufficient or if he would want it posted in the News section like in the previous years.

Jethro link said:

[/quote]

straight from the players. Some of them eg DCE were on next to nothing sign on and now they look like they will be getting nothing from SCSE.

More SCSE news for those who are interested. Things aren't looking too good for them this year:

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2011/01/06/eagles-aflutter-justin-veivers-sea-eagles/

Post  automatically merged: [time]1294251936[/time]

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Am i wrong in thinking that the SCSE were started up by and owned by the Penns ?

I'm not sure on that one Kiwi but I do remember Scott Penn up there having talks with Justin Veivers last year. Whether he was up there representing Manly for something or for his own self interests I don't know. I'll see if I can find the Sunshine Coast Daily news article at some stage to check.

Jethro link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=186211.msg310933#msg310933 date=1294217644]

Am i wrong in thinking that the SCSE were started up by and owned by the Penns ?

I'm not sure on that one Kiwi but I do remember Scott Penn up there having talks with Justin Veivers last year. Whether he was up there representing Manly for something or for his own self interests I don't know. I'll see if I can find the Sunshine Coast Daily news article at some stage to check.
[/quote]

Well, I can't find the specific article that I was looking for (unless it was the year before). Going through the Sunshine Coast Daily historical articles, the only things that I can find in relation to Scott Penn's involvement in the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles is:

1. as Manly's Chairman and co-owner who will sit on the Coast club’s board with Grant Mayer (http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2007/11/10/nrl-sponsor-hunt/)

2. that he admitted he still harbours ambitions of bankrolling a Sunshine Coast-based club in the top league (http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2008/10/10/coast-nrl-team/ and again at http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2009/09/22/coast-unlikely-to-have-its-nrl-side-any-time-soon/)

3. that he has invested heavily in the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles, with his contribution to the club understood to be in the millions and that he has openly admitted that he hoped for the Sunshine Coast to be the base for the fourth Queensland NRL side. (http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2010/01/14/manly-says-goodbye/)

It's bad luck for the Sunny Coast, and like Jethro I followed them a bit...they were on ABC telly up here (on occasions) and I did see them play a couple of games but I imagine the NSWRL not allowing the players to go to QLD would have been the nail in the coffin

Fro link said:
What was the latest as far as Canberra and other NRL clubs using Qld Cup players?

Apparently Canberra won't have a nsw cup team and won't be able to use their qld feeder club and from memory they won't even be allowed to field their younger teams.

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsarticle/tabid/10874/newsid/61007/raiders-juniors-blocked-by-nswrl/default.aspx

NSWRL, and Manly's administration keep in touch with each other regularly to procure best practices from one and other.

Fro link said:
What was the latest as far as Canberra and other NRL clubs using Qld Cup players?

They are sending there players to Brisbane (Souths). That's why their Junior Reps got punted.

St George and Shell Harbour are in dispute. Shell Harbour reckon they aew withdrawing from NSW Cup unless they get a better funding deal with St George.

ERNIE FOR NO7 link said:
[quote author=Fro link=topic=186211.msg310950#msg310950 date=1294262720]

They are sending there players to Brisbane (Souths). That's why their Junior Reps got punted.

St George and Shell Harbour are in dispute. Shell Harbour reckon they aew withdrawing from NSW Cup unless they get a better funding deal with St George.
[/quote]

I bought some jeans yesterday from the factory outlet at Homebush, but they are tight in the crotch.

Ryan link said:
[quote author=ERNIE FOR NO7 link=topic=186211.msg311016#msg311016 date=1294302882]
[quote author=Fro link=topic=186211.msg310950#msg310950 date=1294262720]

[/quote]

I bought some jeans yesterday from the factory outlet at Homebush, but they are tight in the crotch.
[/quote]they`re probably womens ones .. ::).. :D

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4