1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles v Norths Devils

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Berkeley_Eagle, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Qld Wizard Cup Round: 2

Venue: Bishop Park*    &nbspDate: Sat 21 Mar 2009    &nbspGame Time: 2:00pm

Referee: Michael WISE    &nbspTouch Judges: Clayton SHARPE and David SHAW
    Interchange Official: Tony LONG

Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles 
    1.  Howie MATTHEWS
    2.  Jake LINGARD
    3.  Shane NEUMANN
    4.  Ryan WALKER
    5.  Michael CHAPMAN
    6.  Jack PEARSON
    7.  Trent HODKINSON
    13. John MUIR
    12. Jon GRIEVE
    11. Vic MAURO
    10. George ROSE
    9.  Cameron JOYCE
    8.  Phil MORWOOD

Interchange:
    14. Junior PALAU
    15. Luke SMITH
    16. Steve McPHEE
    17. Julien RINALDI

Coach: Brandon COSTIN

Norths Devils

Players:
    1.  John ARANGA
    2.  George KEPA
    3.  Ben HURRELL
    4.  Josefa DAVUI
    5.  Gideon MZEMBE
    6.  Matt GILLETT
    7.  Ben HUNT
    13. Fletcher HOLMES
    12. Brendan GIBB
    11. Eddy PURCELL
    10. Aaron TRINDER
    9.  Jay ASTON
    8.  Mark LEAFA

Interchange:
    14. Troy HANSEN
    15. Natthan CLEAVER
    16. Michael MORRIS
    17. Scott HURRELL

Coach: Kevin CARMICHAEL

2. niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,521 / 50
    If I was up the coast I'd give them a cheer or at least offer to drive them all home in a booze bus after the game.

3. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    hmmmmm Methinks I may be making a road trip after I vote

4. nodd

nodd Well-Known Member

hiding from the kids
    Ratings:
    +105 / 5
    I may head over to bashup park for a quick look.

5. Rambo1987

Rambo1987 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +212 / 2
    Gideon MZEMBE was getting hugh raps when at Maly last year

6. willstyles

willstyles Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Yeah, shame to see him move on. I would've liked him to be playing for the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles, but not to be obviously.

He's got a good attacking game. Very quick, but he's already into his early 20s and hasn't really looked like making the step from QCup level to NRL level. Defensively he's not up to it, and even in attack he would hardly stand out in the NRL. Either way, he looks cool and he'll score plenty of tries in the QCup this year. I notice he's already opened his account after round one.

7. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    He's of the Shona tribe.  Useless they are - you wouldn't want one of them around to rely on.  Same mob as Mugabe.

8. Nutzcraw

Nutzcraw Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I reckon I might pop over for a look too.

9. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    Hey Dan, if you don't want to do a road trip to watch them then you can always watch the game on TV as it is the televised game on ABC QLD at 2pm Saturday.

10. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    Hey Dan, if you don't want to do a road trip to watch them then you can always watch the game on TV as it is the televised game on ABC QLD at 2pm Saturday.
    [/quote]

Sure but wheres the fun in that?

My mrs is working all weekend, it's a good excuse to go and do something, it's not that big of a drive really :)

11. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    where in bris is it boys

i might pop over

12. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    oh god I'm not going now!

isn't it Towoomba?

13. Daring Eagle

Daring Eagle Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hope they have done they're homework on Dan Hunt from Norths

14. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    [/quote]

My mrs is working all weekend, it's a good excuse to go and do something, it's not that big of a drive really :)
    [/quote]

Each way, 286 km – about 4 hours 13 mins drive according to Google Maps to Bishop Park in Nundah from your place & 289 km – about 4 hours 21 mins from mine. I can't go because I can't afford to lose that amount of time this weekend as I'm getting a concreter in at the beginning of next week to lay some concrete in my patio area out the back & I have to remove 231 x 400mm x 400mm pavers from the area before they arrive to save myself some money. I will most probably just watch the game on the ABC.

15. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Each way, 286 km – about 4 hours 13 mins drive according to Google Maps to Bishop Park in Nundah from your place & 289 km – about 4 hours 21 mins from mine. I can't go because I can't afford to lose that amount of time this weekend as I'm getting a concreter in at the beginning of next week to lay some concrete in my patio area out the back & I have to remove 231 x 400mm x 400mm pavers from the area before they arrive to save myself some money. I will most probably just watch the game on the ABC.
    [/quote]

hey what are the pavers like and what are you doing with them afterwards?

16. Jethro

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    I'm using some to build a path down to the back gate which backs onto the park & lake behind us & Vicky wants to replace the blue metal gravel around the other side of the house with pavers & build a greenhouse so I don't know if I will have many left after that but if I do I'll let you know.

17. eagle_predator

eagle_predator Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ill phone the ABC and ask them will i be able to watch it down here is NSW also i hope Trent Hodkinson has a good game.

18. Jethro

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    I don't think that it is on down there. I think only if you live around the Tweed that you may be able to watch it as they get the QLD ABC.

19. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    I'm using some to build a path down to the back gate which backs onto the park & lake behind us & Vicky wants to replace the blue metal gravel around the other side of the house with pavers & build a greenhouse so I don't know if I will have many left after that but if I do I'll let you know.
    [/quote]

It's always worth asking.

I think I know where you are in Point Vernon ;)

apparently there are some small barra in that lake, and plenty of perch. if you catch a few small spackled perch in the lake, put them on a bigger hook and fling them out into the middle, you might get yourself something decent size.....I wouldnt eat anything from there though, all the oldies up here pump a lot of fertiliser onto their lawns that run straight off into the minor fisheries unfortunately

20. eagle_predator

eagle_predator Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't think that it is on down there. I think only if you live around the Tweed that you may be able to watch it as they get the QLD ABC.
    [/quote]

Jethro thanks for the info mate