Sunday Afternoon Games at 3pm

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Snake&TurboTomofBrookie

Reserve Grader
I'm not a big fan of Sunday afternoon games at 3pm as fans, who might not be able to make it to a game, has to listen to the radio to hear what's going on with their team. You can't see what's going on. You have to rely on the commentators to describe it in order to see the picture in your head. You do eventually get to see the game played on WIN Television and FOX Sports 2 (Austar/Foxtel) but by then the game is half over (when watching it on WIN Television and the game has finished when the replay is aired on FOX Sports 2 at 6pm. I prefer watching the LIVE games although I guess I have the Dragons' to thank in a way also cause if it wasn't for them having a second home stadium down in Wollongong, I'd probably never get to see Manly play at all and that game happens to be played on a Sunday afternoon at 3pm. Am I the only one here that feels this way or is there anyone out there who feels the same way?

Id love to see the following time slots used.

Friday 8 - 8:30pm (dont know about anyone else but its a big rush to get to the game unless you finish work early, which isn't an option for everyone. I woudl imagine even more so if you have a few kids you need to organise and move around public transport. Friday night football atm seems to fall right on tea time ; for me anyhow. Usually if i watch it im between the lounge room and kitchen trying to do the juggling act.)

Saturday 2pm (Just a brilliant time slot, would open up a whole new TV timeslot for saturday on FTA and some competition for the AFL during that time. I for one just love watching the QRL on channel 2 up here. Theres nothing better than a beer on the first day of the weekend watching some live footy. NRL would be even better.)

Saturday 8 - 8:30pm (keep it simple stupid, night games should all be the same time)

Sunday 2pm (I hate the sun setting as you leave the park. I want to leave the ground with a fair chunk of my day still in sight. Possibly get home in enough time to have a BBQ or dinner out without knowing im going to be wreked in the morning)

Monday 8 - 8:30pm (once again sydney might be different but that extra 30 mins to an hour would be a god send imo.)

Things to think about however, are the later games impacting on NZ television. However, the earlier sunday games and a game on saturday could just make up for the later ones.

I long for the return to Sunday afternoon matches. Call me old-fashioned, but I think preference should go to people who go to the trouble and expense of GOING to the game, not those watching it on TV.
So, give us one Friday night match, one Saturday afternoon match, six Sunday afternoon matches, and NO Monday night matches. RL should be confined to a weekend activity. You should be able to go to your home ground (almost) every second Sunday.
I'm still dirty on the time I attended a match at Brookie in the rain and wondered why the players hadn't run out by 3.10pm. Turns out Foxtel was having problems with their feed, and delayed the match. That showed me how little RL care for the fans who battle the weather, the terrible food, and pay the high prices. Much more important is the people who stay home and add nothing to the atmosphere.
RL prospered before TV. TV needs RL more than the other way around. I wish RL officials would realise this and dictate to TV.
Vote 1 on Saturday to PUT FANS FIRST.   

We whinged because we got no Sunday games (fux or channell no 9)!Now we get a few,some of us are whinging about Sunday arvo games.There was a howl down of anyone who dared say Monday nite at Newcastle was crap,and those who couldn't get there were (figuratively) burned at the stake,by some on here!Where are they now?

ayjay007 link said:
We whinged because we got no Sunday games (fux or channell no 9)!Now we get a few,some of us are whinging about Sunday arvo games.There was a howl down of anyone who dared say Monday nite at Newcastle was crap,and those who couldn't get there were (figuratively) burned at the stake,by some on here!Where are they now?

I'm glad you included 'figuratively' there!

I don't think anyone has been literally burned at the stake since the Souths fans used to go on old one eyed eagle!

I love Sunday at 3 pm - every game should be at that time. The game is shown at 4 pm on Free to air telly so why anyone has to wait until much later to watch it on Fox I do not know.

I also think that surrendering the Sat arvo slot to Rugby and AFL in NSW was a big mistake. I hate the Saturday night schedule as it only seems to suit FOX.

This is an agruement I shouldn't get involed in as its gets me going. But there will never be a perfect time for every single person out there. All one can do is do whatever is possible to get to the game. Weather that be at Brookie or Brisbane, Melbourne or the moon( I'd prefer the moon nicer people i'm sure). The important thing is we all do what we can to support our beloved club. Whatever day it may be at whatever time. Of course there will always be family or work issues for some. But if one is not attending a match because you cannot be bothered or its too cold or the prices are too high then thats not an excuse. The players cannot hear or see you from your lounge room. 

If it aint broke.Dont bloody fix it.Leave it as it was years ago. Im still waiting for a team out of Afghanistan.And possibly Mars.The Grand Superleague/News Ltd plan to take over the world with rugby league has failed embarassingly.Is that another reason they want out maybe.Lmao.

I'm on the side of the live fan and the TV fan.

I'm a live fan of Manly but why should I miss out on 3 or 4 other games because they're on at the same time as ours?

I love being out on a Friday or Saturday night & having hours of footy to watch. It means I don't have to talk to my mates. The three games, one after the other on a Sunday is a great hangover cure too.

Aside from the rip off of how many Mondays we've copped this year, it does give you something to look forward to at the start of the working week.

I'm going to be away this weekend & Mondays game is probably the only one I'll catch. That's not enough for my fix, man.

Naa, of the timeslots avail. atm the Sun 3pm is one of the best.

These days we have so much media at our disposal (am radio, fm radio, online updates, online video streams, fta tv, pay tv, pubs, clubs, other websites & forums) we can get game updates pretty easily.

But Mon night footy sucks.
Move it to 2:00pm Sunday.

Also, move one of the Sat night games (if there are 2, often is) from 7:30pm Sat to 3:00pm Sat.

In fact, a mate of mine & our kids have just bought (southern) grandstand tickets for round 26 @ Brookvale - Sea Eagles v Bulldogs 1st grade kickoff 3:00pm Sunday.

Would have loved it if it were the 2:00pm time slot too, but either is great.

Manly seems to have had relatively few 2 or 3pm games this year, will be our first trip to Brookie in season 2010, lookin' forward to it mightily!

I love sitting down, and watching an early Saturday game after watching our NYC boys run around.

Number 1 son plays in the semis this Sunday morning with his footy team - just found out that it looks like the GF will be played on the same time arvo as we play the Chooks at the SFS AAAARGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Wow heres a point.... Maybe everyone lives different lives and not one time slot will abosolutely be great for everyone?

The best thing that can happen is the schedule be released before the season when the new deal is struck...

Until then i will make every effort to get to every game that i can at what ever day / time it is..

Duff link said:
I love being out on a Friday or Saturday night & having hours of footy to watch. It means I don't have to talk to my mates.

And we don't have to listen to you, win/win all around.

Brookie4eva link said:
[quote author=Duff link=topic=184736.msg285939#msg285939 date=1282226259]
I love being out on a Friday or Saturday night & having hours of footy to watch. It means I don't have to talk to my mates.

And we don't have to listen to you, win/win all around.
[/quote]

But no one can ever not listen to you, Chewbacca.

We know that in 2013 we will be getting more teams and therefore more games each week. My bet is for a Sat afternoon game to compete with the AFL. If a perth team is in good bet would be for them to play a lot of Sat afternoon games as the NRL trys to dent TV viewership of the AFL out west.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6