Sun-Herald: "Abbott promises Brookie a lifeline"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I agree with the comment about a multi use Stadium, for example ( and not a fair comparison but you'll get the drift) Suncorp is currently being used by the Roar, the Reds and from next week the Broncos. We need either an A League or Super Rugby side playing out of there as well and if so it will happen

MWSE said:
Only chance is if Manly United, the Rats, and Sea Eagles play outta the one ground.

Who said that the proposal being put together is all about brooky being used as a sport venue only ? I will say no more. Just watch and learn.

Peter C said:
Supernintendo Chalmers said:
not even a super stadium where every seat was a spa bath with Penthouse Pets as massuses could get me to vote for this galah.

The country is going down the gurgler due to the inept government and all you want to do is sing "Solidarity Forever"

Hmm i think the combined populations of Europe and America(1 billion) and their purchasing power per person is going down the gurgler and this is due to Labor also i gather.

Seriously lets start a political thread in the correct section i feel like b*&ch slapping some right wing economic politics and some overly soft left wingers if they exist in this demographic lol.

From a personal selfish perspective i want Brookie upgraded and Manly does deserve a modern stadium, from an independent observer looking down on the state of NSW per capita we have way too many stadiums.

My guess is we will get the funds from Abbott as a thank you to the high end of town in this area for pushing and helping along his political agenda(like a loyal back slap high five gift), not as much as we would like but more than we have received in the past.

lovefooty said:
MWSE said:
Only chance is if Manly United, the Rats, and Sea Eagles play outta the one ground.

Who said that the proposal being put together is all about brooky being used as a sport venue only ? I will say no more. Just watch and learn.

It's obvious it will be more than a sporting venue alone otherwise you can't justify the development in the area, this has been known for years no secret.

Is it April 1st? I'm more chance of being the next pope than Brookie being upgraded...

ABTK said:
Is it April 1st? I'm more chance of being the next pope than Brookie being upgraded...
If you do become Pope see if you can have a word in the abbots ear.....I'm having a religious experience at the moment, drinking an excellent Trappist beer called La Trappe brewed by monks. It's a strong beer. I reckon I know why those monks take a vow of silence. If they drink this stuff they must be permanently pissed, anything they said would be complete ****.

One of the world's greatest sporting stadia, the Melbourne Cricket Ground, doesn't make money from cricket. AFL makes it financially viable. But the MCG also hosts big corporate functions (ie. Amway had 6,000 delegates there recently) and music events. This is the only way a modern stadium can recoup costs. Why couldn't Brookie host music concerts and corporate events?

The Who said:
One of the world's greatest sporting stadia, the Melbourne Cricket Ground, doesn't make money from cricket. AFL makes it financially viable. But the MCG also hosts big corporate functions (ie. Amway had 6,000 delegates there recently) and music events. This is the only way a modern stadium can recoup costs. Why couldn't Brookie host music concerts and corporate events?
Good idea, but to do this Brookie would need a BIG upgrade.

lovefooty said:
ABTK said:

Well I wont be lining up to kiss your ring no matter what colour the smoke is.

I'll organise a special dispensation just for you, lovefooty. Everyone else will have to pucker up...

Mark from Brisbane said:
I agree with the comment about a multi use Stadium, for example ( and not a fair comparison but you'll get the drift) Suncorp is currently being used by the Roar, the Reds and from next week the Broncos. We need either an A League or Super Rugby side playing out of there as well and if so it will happen

And possibly down the track the Brisbane Bombers or the Jets.
As the NRL boss has put expansion back on the agenda after 2015.

ABTK said:

Your in luck. There is an opening right now.

And we all know how the clergy love a nice opening.

Have heard that the FFA are looking at setting up a 2nd division comp and bring in promotion and relegation to guarantee two spots in the Asian Cup so maybe that way

The Who said:
Why couldn't Brookie host music concerts and corporate events?

Because the neighbours would complain

ABTK said:
lovefooty said:
ABTK said:

Well I wont be lining up to kiss your ring no matter what colour the smoke is.

I'll organise a special dispensation just for you, lovefooty. Everyone else will have to pucker up...

His ring is probably a bit sore after last night

Susan - I have seen him at games.

MB - why should the prospective PM have a 'plan' for the ground? That is the Club and Council's role. He has set his sights on being the Prime Minister of Australia, not the Mayor of Warringah.

I'm sure after discussions with the likes of NSW Treasurer Mike Baird, he would like to ensure the Council spend the money on ground improvements, not squander some of it on more surveys, concept plans from landscape architects, new pedestrian/bike paths around the Park and the like.

I would like to think that one 'quid pro quo' for funding would be that the Council gets on with it and offers naming rights to Brookvale - something they agreed upon about 2-3 years ago. They no longer have a strong Greens block in the Council, who were insisting that any money from that source be spread across Warringah, not into ongoing maintenance of Brookvale Oval.

And as Lovefooty hinted and TC suggests, there seems to be strong movement towards broadening the roles of Brookvale Park (and the Oval) so that funding might also be more forthcoming from the NSW Government. Something in tandem with St Augustine's College for example, could see further improvements (some of which are already planned and approved by Council, but the money ran out) made to the western side of the ground - that would be beneficial to both that school and the Club.

Let's just wait and see.

Jethro said:
The Who said:
Why couldn't Brookie host music concerts and corporate events?

Because the neighbours would complain

And that is exactly why nothing much ever gets done in this country these days. Worrying about the vocal minority.

Moondog said:
Earnie the Eagle said:
Q. When do politicians lie?

A. Whenever they open their mouth.
Chapter headings for the training manual used by both major political parties in Australia..

1) Lies
2) Big Lies
3) Lies Under Oath
4) Lies Off The Record

Lies are their tools of trade. They'll tell whoever they're talking to at the time what they think they want to hear. I'll get excited when I see some action.

you forgot

5) Core Lies
6) Non Core Lies
7) Statistics

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8