• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

wizball1973

Reserve Grader
I've been lurking here for a long time and finally decided to post something as a result of the brawl on Friday.

What can we take from this?

1.Not being able to play our first round match at Brookvale is totally unfair. Scum will be at home, Donkeys and Cows the same and yet we get the shaft. What if we qualify 1 and Souffs finish 8...they get a home match? Bull****.

2.Regardless of any suspensions we have shown that Melbourne will not win the competition this year. They never looked like scoring until the final whistle. We out-played them. We out-muscled them. We out-fought them. We have more heart.

3.A clear message has been sent. If you bring it you had better be prepared to cop plenty. The players who ran in should be commended. I'm a Kiwi and even I acknowledge that Blair is a filthy grub. He upper cuts a guy already involved in a fight for starters. Seeing him get pumelled on the ground is the best moment in league this year for me.

4.Lussick has announced himself as a fantastic player who, clearly, can take a shot and dish out plenty. We need someone with that sort of mongrel for next year.

5.Losing Wolf is a blow but we've managed without him before. Gift is a lose but if Foran and DCE step up even more we won't need his playmaking. We will miss his defence - but Buhrer offers other dimensions.

6.I can't see how we will not now march into the Grand Final and win it, leaving a trainwreck of smashed opponents along the way.

The only side that worries me in the slightest is the Queens but I can see one of the "lets just throw it around and not worry about tackling" teams knocking them over. The other sides just don't have the forwards to match it with us.

Agreed about Lussick. Bit of the Terry Randall about him. I see the fight as gluing the boys together. All good as we march to silverware glory.

Should have mentioned the Tigers - not only did they pay well over for Blair, they'll now be without him for probably the first 4 rounds next year!

wizball1973 said:
Should have mentioned the Tigers - not only did they pay well over for Blair, they'll now be without him for probably the first 4 rounds next year!

sad the way that happens really

Why would he get more than five weeks? He'll be right to play for the Tigers. Remember trials soak up suspensions.

Didn't know about the trials...

Perhaps we should have a few next week?

I was thinking the Tigers have one game this weekend and then bundled out in the first round:)

DSM5 said:
Why would he get more than five weeks? He'll be right to play for the Tigers. Remember trials soak up suspensions.

Pretty sure Matai was only allowed to use one trial as part of his suspension this year.

wizball1973 said:
4.Lussick has announced himself as a fantastic player who, clearly, can take a shot and dish out plenty. We need someone with that sort of mongrel for next year.

Couldnt agree more, Lussick has the size and mongrel in him to lead our pack for years to come. Great post BTW!!:)

he will get 5 or 6 weeks on the referral plus 2 for striking.i think both have little chance of less than 5 if grade 5 wasnt enough for review panel.looking at them recently i reckon they may go close to winning it this year,so 4 or 5 games plus a trial means he probably only misses a couple.they will be tough again next year unfortunately.

You get 2 trials to use for a suspension

Highly unlikely to happen but I believe you can apply to get the tests counted if they would have been in the team, it was mentioned around Matai last year. Blair is a certainly for the Kiwis while Glenn would have been there or thereabouts

I'm likin the suggestions of positives here. Whilst I personally am harbouring grave doubt as to our capacity to continue to build our form and fire on all cylinders through the finals now, I Do acknowledge we still can do it. Come on Manly!

wizball1973 said:

... and maybe even in this years grand final :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6