Suing Hasler ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
lsz said:
Eagle where has be tried to get people to breach contracts?
If they have clauses so be it

The interesting aspect of this will be to see if Hasler had already agreed to go to the Dogs before the 'get out' clauses were made part of Manly players contract extentions last season.

I don't think he tried to get anyone to break their contract, all the ones that followed him over were just paid staff, not contracted to Manly.
It remains to be seen if anyone activates any existing get out clause.

bones said:
I want to Greenturd exposed as the slime he is instead of being called the best young CEO in at the game. I want the truth out there so it ruins this pricks future employment opportunities.

Spot on Bones I wanna see this prick hung drawn and quatered. He has gone out to deliberately pillage and destroy everything that has been built at the Seaeagles for the last 7 years. He has damaged our brand with his backdoor, slime filled agenda and I wanna see this Rex Hunt get what he deserves. He is nothing but a slimey piece of garbage and needs to be dealt with.

MadMarcus said:
Reading between the lines I think it is pretty clear that Greenburg lured Des to the Dogs in mid 2011 and then Des and Greenburg set about getting out of the commitment Des made to Manly for 2012.

If this is true then it is likely that we have grounds to sue both of them. The question will be whether we have sufficient evidence to back up the allegation.

If we have found the "smoking gun" then I say take them for all they are worth. If we have a few easily defensible emails then let it go.

I don't believe taking action over this sends any message that we would have rather had Des than Tooves. I think it sends the message "don't f*** with us", which is the message I personally think we should be sending!

Completely agree MadMarcus, I think that there is evidence on this sneaky pair and that is why Hasler wanted to move on after threatening to sue Manly.

I don't know if i read this forum too much and have a tarnished view as a result , but it seems Des just wasn't happy to move on due to inconsolable differences. it seemed as though he wanted to hurt the club because of a few personality differences.

Surely as a player, a coach , a dad and a human being, he could have done better

I wonder if it's possible that some sort of guilt has to be proven so that any get out clauses any player might have would be deemed null and void?

Stevo said:
I wonder if it's possible that some sort of guilt has to be proven so that any get out clauses any player might have would be deemed null and void?

If that were the case I would assume the whole contract would then be null and void, not just the get out clause. The players may not have signed the contracts in the first place had their been no get out clauses in place.

What i mean bones, is that if a get out clause is activated if Hasler is fired it may not be able to be activated if it can be proven he was fired because of some sort of wrong doing.

Stevo said:
What i mean bones, is that if a get out clause is activated if Hasler is fired it may not be able to be activated if it can be proven he was fired because of some sort of wrong doing.

Ah ok sorry mate... I thought you meant that if it is proven Hasler acted illegally then those get out clauses are null and void.

In general I'm with Dan & co, in that litigation is a costly, risky business, and while you might win something (eg some $$), in many cases there are no real winners at all.

If we think we can force a settlement by threatening or commencing proceedings then fair enough, but I would think minimal-to-zero media coverage would be ideal. As plenty have said, an anti-Manly slant is likely to be applied by the media, regardless of what is really the truth of the matter (anyone remember the Brett Stewart saga?)

I can't see how it's going to reflect on Manly if Hasler and Greenberg where found to be acting improperly.

Those who have always thought negatively of Manly will continue to do so, in the meantime the bulldogs "family club" reputation will take another hit.

The dog scums will want to keep this very quiet.
Greenburg won't want to be publicly exposed for the unethical dirty dealings.
Ass wipe Des will not want his actions, intentions and underhanded dealings regarding his defection being fully exposed either and most importantly, will not want any distractions from his current role as the mother bitch at Belmore.

DSM5 said:
Sue the pricks.

Coming from someone who wants to move on from the "no one likes us we do not care"

Pretty tough ask considering how we know this will be spun in the media

WAMF said:
The dog scums will want to keep this very quiet.
Greenburg won't want to be publicly exposed for the unethical dirty dealings.
Ass wipe Des will not want his actions, intentions and underhanded dealings regarding his defection being fully exposed either and most importantly, will not want any distractions from his current role as the mother bitch at Belmore.

The Mother Bitch of Belmore! lolololol Hope that sticks!

I think the real story needs to be out there. Our club, our board as whole and our COO have been unfairly hammered by haslers Bffs at the telegraph. If I was someone like Dave Perry, Bob Reilly or Scott Penn I would want Ha$ler exposed for the deceitful game player he is.

Our boards not perfect but if they were the rubble Ritchie and co would have you believe our club would be on the brink and that's obviously no where near the case.

I also find it interesting that ha$ler is gone and rumblings of disharmony out of our back office have disappeared. Funny that?

Dont know how people can just say let it go , when it seems pretty clear now Des created the storm at our club for his own financial benefit and ego.

Cambo said:
I also find it interesting that ha$ler is gone and rumblings of disharmony out of our back office have disappeared. Funny that?
Zorba not being around also helps in that department.

WAMF said:
Cambo said:
Zorba not being around also helps in that department.
I don't get how zorbs can be so in love with des after it emerged des told lowey in 2010 he wanted to punt zorba. If someone did that to me I would be outing every bit of dirty I had on them.

If he has broken his contract and there is a case to answer then he shoud cop it and anyone else involved.

Its people who do nothing who encourage bad behavior. Would you ignore racism, rape, theft?

We already have the bad name, this is the only way to clear it cant get any worse.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6