Suggestions please - Canberra pub/fan hub

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

vidmar

Bencher
Hi,
I'm looking for suggestions on a suitable venue for the MWTS to be based on the Sunday lunch before the Canberra game.

Ideally, close to the ground...would need to serve decent food (pub grub is fine) and be family friendly.

If they had an area that could be reserved or closed off for a private function even better.

I'm guessing there'll be around 150 people who'd be there so will need to be of a decent size.

Any ideas or suggestions please flick me details to [email protected]

Bruce stadium is out of the city center and from memory there isn't much around it. Last time there were free buses running regularly from the city to the ground (and back again) so anywhere in the city center is could be used.

Thanks Guys....
Gav - Jono & Phil were suggesting a venue in the city as well due to the ground location so that may be an option.
I know a fair few of your group are planning on making your own way down and we'll also have a mix of those on a bus from the beaches plus locals and others making their own way.
Plan is to make it as central and easy to get to as possible so that people can catch up first and then get to the ground under their own steam fairly easily if need be - a quick search shows that the "free on game day" Action busses run from a number of club venues.
Still happy to hear any ideas from locals or those that know the area well (It's been a long long time since we've been down there...)

Okay - close (5-10minutes) to Canberra Stadium in Bruce would be the following venues:
- Old Canberra Inn at Lyneham
- Tradies Club at Dickson
- O'Neills Pub at Dickson
- The Sports Club at Kaleen
- Canberra Labor Club at Belconnen

Then you have a host of places in Civic (Canberra City) that is approximately 20 minutes from the ground.

Depends where most people will be staying though!

If it has beer and food, and is easyish to get to from Civic, and easyish to get to game afterwards, then I'll be a happy chappy.

Normie said:
Okay - close (5-10minutes) to Canberra Stadium in Bruce would be the following venues:
- Old Canberra Inn at Lyneham
- Tradies Club at Dickson
- O'Neills Pub at Dickson
- The Sports Club at Kaleen
- Canberra Labor Club at Belconnen

Then you have a host of places in Civic (Canberra City) that is approximately 20 minutes from the ground.

Depends where most people will be staying though!

Id exclude the tradies in Dickson seeing they sponsor the Raiders. Its always packed with raiders fans when they play.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7