Suck on that sonny dill

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G

Bulldogs win injunction against SBW  rating

AAP | 08/08/08 | 1

The Bulldogs have won a NSW Supreme Court injunction blocking runaway NRL star Sonny Bill Williams from playing rugby union in France.

The court win for the Bulldogs and the NRL means Williams will be in contempt of court if he proceeds to play in a friendly match for Toulon, which kicks off early Saturday morning Sydney time (0230 AEST).

The injunction was granted in Sydney on Friday despite the fact Williams was not represented.

Earlier this week, he was served court documents informing him of the hearing after a process server spotted him at a training session in Toulon.

"The evidence before the court satisfies that the first defendant (Williams) has failed to attend to his contractual responsibilities," Justice Robert Austin told the parties.

"There is evidence he has entered into a contract with the second defendant (Toulon) ... and intends to play in a rugby match this evening."

Justice Austin said he had considered the jurisdictional difficulties involved, given that Williams intends to remain in France.

But he acknowledged the plaintiffs - the Bulldogs and the NRL - had proven Williams could be successfully sued for damages in NSW if he breached the order.

"My conclusion is that the making of an interlocutory interim injunction will not be futile."

Williams, 23, left Australia without warning almost two weeks ago, just one year into his five-year deal with the Bulldogs.

The evidence before the court satisfies that the first defendant (Williams) has failed to attend to his contractual responsibilities
Justice Robert Austin

Canteen Worker link said:
NOt sure that an Aussie court has any jurisdiction in France but good to see that at least they are chasing the scumbag.
Maybe not but it might make Toulon nervous about playing him.

It also opens the way for SBW to be charged with contenpt of court which could lead to him being arrested if he ever sets foot in Australia again.  Not much good if he wants to play for the all blacks. 

They might also be able to confiscate his assets in a damages claim by the dogs. 

If I was him i would now start to be a bit nervous about what was happening here.  The dogs and NRL seem pretty determined to punish him in some way.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2