Submitting Articles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Added a new, perhaps oversized icon on the right, So you should all be able to easily identify where you need to click in order to submit an article.

After a while I will make it a little smaller and perhaps move it down the side further, but for now it can have a prominent place :)

Dan

I think it absolutely should be a permanent part of the site

Hey Dan, is this site still linked to the facebook site as I have noticed that the facebook section in the right hand side column below the NRL Ladder is no longer there and the site is no longer showing up in my newsfeeds on facebook but the actual group is still being updated.

Yeah they are still linked and our posts go through. The facebook link on the right hand side was causing some of the issues we were having with speed etc. So I removed it in order to get the site running more smoothly.

I can re-introduce it though

Flip, rules are that if they are  3rd party news item, the link must be included at the bottom of the article, or the full source listed at the bottom.

i.e. "AAP"

Also please don't alter titles. I.e. "Drugcastle" instead of Newcastle etc.

Dan link said:
Yeah they are still linked and our posts go through. The facebook link on the right hand side was causing some of the issues we were having with speed etc. So I removed it in order to get the site running more smoothly.

I can re-introduce it though

Thanks for the feedback Dan.

I don't think that you need to re-introduce the link especially if it was causing troubles with the website speed. I thought that it may have been the cause or part of the cause for the site slowdown as it started slowing down about the same time that it was introduced.

Also, I don't know whether you have tweaked anything since my last post but the "The Silvertails" is now coming up on my facebook news feed. Thanks if you did. :)

Just a side note question too Dan, is there any word on if we are going to be able to have our avatars back at all?

I haven't implemented a fix yet, though I know what the problem is. Am just a little concerned about the overheads it puts on page loads

No worries Dan. Take your time. There is no problem with them not being there if they don't have to be. It's only a little bit of personalisation of our own posts. Like I said, they don't have to be there if they don't have to be.

Dan link said:
I haven't implemented a fix yet, though I know what the problem is. Am just a little concerned about the overheads it puts on page loads

No worries. We can delete my aerial shot of Noosa & replace with a pic from up my ladder of Peregian Beach. That should help surely.

I could reduce my picture of a sea eagle and just show a close up, for example just the beak, if that would that help  :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6