stweart,wolf gone- now is the time!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan ridgepipe

Reserve Grader
most of us will pretend otherwise but with stewart and williams gone for long stretches and a lack of experience out wide our title hopes are over.i dont mean we will be cellardwellers but we will not threaten the good sides and deep down we know it.put it this way,if robbo goes to fullback it will be game over for me.

now is the time to start our rebuild for the next 5 years.it has been forced on us by circumstance but sometimes that can be a blessing as parra will attest to.

give hodkinson,hoppa,whare and foran their head,throw williams into second row on bench and with a strong pack like we have they may surprise.they wont threaten the big guys but who knows in 2011 onwards.there is nothing to lose now.we should be looking down the track.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Game one and it's all over, a tad negative I feel!!
  We know it from last year.  If Bullet is out for the season we have no potency in attack and will be making up numbers. 

Look at the Broncos this week, giving 3-4 teenagers a go and they have done well.  They may fade as the season goes on.  But we won't give *any* teenager a go - just play blokes out of position and look like a rabble.

Mark's right. It's only round 1 and much can happen over the course of a season. None of us even know the extent of the injuries yet...so take a breath Sue.

Next week it'll only be round 2!

how long is stewart gone for?

Watching it live they were testing his ligaments (been there before myself) and he gave the thumbs up. It looked to me like muscle or cartlidge.

Our depth in the backs will be tested now no doubt about that. We lack attacking options without Brett's speed, so much of our game revolves around second man plays with him.

Couldn't agree more.

Stewart out = season over. Blood the young blokes asap.

We all know it won't happen though. Robbo will be the fullback next week, and I'll bank my government housing on it.

i get sick of this negative garbage.it has nothing to with losing or being negative.with stewart out again,wolf out and unsettled halves it is simply realistic.the negative thing is to sit around,pick robbo at fullback and pretend that what we have left will do the job this year.we all know they will try hard as usual but the positive thing to do is to look forward and use adversity to look to the future.

does anyone seriously think we can threaten the top sides this year given this horror start with injury.the answer is no so lets look forward.throw some talent on the end of a bunch of hardheads like we've got and who knows.it cant be worse than plodding to 7th or 10th and getting picked off by the top guys at will.

so give up for 2 weeks then get back into trying to get finals experience for foran and hodko etc?

Des said 2 weeks unconvinced.  They were doing a test for ACL on the field and there was a lot of movement.

nothing to do with giving up.what is wrong with some common sense being used.we all saw our impotence last year with robbo at fullback and our impotence out wide tonight.

we are almost certianly  going to be 0 points after 4 away rounds with injury and suspension.anyone want to back then us against parra and knights away with half our team out then please give me a call rather than the TAB.

my comments are all based on stewart being out for months.if this is the case then lets do something new for gods sake.

Didn't I say last year we needed to start the rebuild?

If Stewies knee is gone, Manly must reconsider his long term future, reco's at 25 don't make players the way they were, loss of stewies pace will kill him and us  :mad: 

Dan link said:
Didn't I say last year we needed to start the rebuild?

Yeah you did and copped a bit of a verbal for it as well from memory.

I probably will cop it again......too, but i stick with it

Yeah, you stick to your principles.  I would.  I'll just fence sit for the time being.

i just had a thought i dont like

with stewy and williams gone (and we dont try some new guys) we  look earily like the sharks:

try hard every game
good tough front rowers
representative backrowers
no settled halfback
very good 5/8 with a lot of experience
no speed or penetration at back or out wide
solid bench

i am starting to feel very ill.......

susan ridgepipe link said:
i just had a thought i dont like

with stewy and williams gone (and we dont try some new guys) we  look earily like the sharks:

try hard every game
good tough front rowers
representative backrowers
no settled halfback
very good 5/8 with a lot of experience

no speed or penetration at back or out wide
solid bench

i am starting to feel very ill.......
Wash your mouth out Mrs Ridgepipe. The Eagles will soar, the sharks will be sore.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2