Stupid penalties are killing us!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mosto

I have a well known member
Premium Member
While the refs were average tonight, I'm over the dumb penalties we've been giving away the last two weeks. While Reynolds did jump to earn the penalty at the end of the game, Gift (who had he's best game of the season IMO) had no need to have his hand between the legs. If anything goes wrong, he's going to be penalised. Then Foran mouths off moving them to kicking range. Unforgivable from someone I believe to be a future captain. He was also marched for back chat last week.

We were called back when we looked like scoring from a bomb for offside. Again, offside chasing a bomb is stupidity, laziness, or both. These dumb penalties are costing us and need to be wiped out of our game.

It seems like we are the only team that gives penalties to the opposition at the most crucial of times and when the opposition is pretty much in front of the posts...Melbourne game and tonights game. The team need to play smarter. I don't recall us winning a game with a penalty goal right in front with 1 min to go etc.

Indiscipine has been our achillies heel over the last 8 weeks. Tonight was a snap shot of whats been happening. The dogs scored 3 tries off the back of penalties that we conceded. We have a good team with great spirit but we are playing so dumb at times.

I'm sick of the ref's thinking we want to watch them blow their shiny whistles in their pink shirts.

vote one SHOOTERS and fishers party

Tis the 'quality' of the penalty that kills us.

SHOOTERS are cool....aren't they refs

Ill discipline is KILLING us. Every stupid penalty thats given away by us grants the opposition field position and it quite often results in points. The game is hard enough without giving the other team a leg up through stupid penalties on the 4th and 5th tackles.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Can anyone explain the difference between a 'stupid' penalty and a 'smart' penalty

A smart penalty is giving away a penalty in front of the posts, hoping that the opposition takes the two points.

Jatz Crackers said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Can anyone explain the difference between a 'stupid' penalty and a 'smart' penalty

Chechin is unable to answer your enquiry.

Well.....ala chechin it depends on who's giving and who's receiving.

Totally agree with the first post. Time for the club to grow up and stop blaming the refs. Work on the areas were getting penalised for for or expect more. They have to expect bad calls and move on when you get them. Leave the bleating to 2v.

Giving away a penalty in extra time is stupid.. Especially the way this one happened with gift lifting him then dropping the player. Then foran going off was unforgivably stupid.

There is no doubt that the refs are discussing the penalties they are giving out in their de-briefing sessions and that certain players are target are serial transgressors.

When you look at our players, they look for Whatmough to concede play the ball penalties, hands on the ball ect. Stevie M, conceding off side penalties as he rushes up and in for defence, they have marked Keiran for his back chat, if you remember when we played the drizzle, Kieran made a comment to Hayne about getting a call right, that Hayne asked him about and in the last play of the game on Friday night Kieran gets marched 10 for back chat.

I think the time has come for Toovey to be pro-active about this, if we are any hope to win this year, the attitude towards discipline has to change starting with the next match against the Roosters.

Guys, we have converted 2 wins in our last 7 games. It ain't penalties. It's just poor form, and a very poor game plan, that maybe hasn't been executed very well.

We've become too sideward, and predictable.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4