Stuart says NRL could lose Folau

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mozgrame

Engorged member
By Ben Horne AAP

Geez...how do you punch your head against a wall?? Anyway...

Parramatta coach Ricky Stuart says the club is "punching its head against a brick wall" in negotiations with the NRL over Israel Folau and warns the game risks missing out on the superstar if decisions aren't made quickly.

After Folau announced at the start of the month he was leaving the AFL, Stuart said the former Test and Queensland Origin back remained anxious to sign with the Eels, but that red tape was still getting in the way.

The NRL must give the green light to Folau's return to the code before any contract can be ratified, just like rugby convert Sonny Bill Williams' Sydney Roosters deal is yet to be rubber-stamped by officials at Rugby League Central.

Stuart said the saga has dragged on to the point where he can no longer be directly involved and he's leaving negotiations to club chief executive Ken Edwards.

"I said early in the piece that we'll move heaven and earth to get Izzy to the club because that's where he wants to play. He's come out and said that, he's from here, he's got a number of close mates here, but we're doing that and it's been a long time so I really don't know where it's going to end up," said Stuart on Wednesday.

"But I can't concentrate on that any more ... all my energy and responsibility has to be put into the team here."

Stuart said no deal had been done between Folau and the Eels and he wanted to distance himself from the specifics of the negotiations between the club and the NRL.

But he was adamant the NRL, who is yet to appoint a CEO, needed to make a swift decision on Folau's status.

"It'd be disappointing for him to go to another code," he said.

"... I've just being working hard as the club has with the league to have him play here but we seem to be just punching our heads against a brick wall.

"We're trying to do the right thing by the game and by the league in being transparent ... it would be just nice to get people in positions to make decisions.

"I just know it's getting quite boring and tedious in terms of taking so long, I just wish someone could make a decision, say yes or no and then we can move on."

mozgrame said:
"I said early in the piece that we'll move heaven and earth to get Izzy to the club because that's where he wants to play. He's come out and said that, he's from here, he's got a number of close mates here, but we're doing that and it's been a long time so I really don't know where it's going to end up," said Stuart on Wednesday.

Surely by "here" he means Queensland right? :rolleyes:

I shall join the minority in this thread and compose a reply without profanity.

GE Ftw!!!!!

His absence over the last two years from the NRL has had ZERO effect on my life. Couldn't give a flying firetruck what he does. The guy turned his back on his state of birth, turned his back on GWS Giants, hopefully he'll turn his back on Parramatta too.

Expect a Paul Kent article backing him up tomorrow.

This is Classic Stuart, BTW. Claim something bad is going to happen unless every thing you want gets given to you.

Me as well. he deserted the game...FOR MONEY

I could NOT give a flying fig wether he comes, goes or returns to GayFL

Best result would be if the eels sign him to two contracts and get found out in round 26 and have all their points stripped and must play for nothing in 2014. Ensuring wooden spoons 14 and 15.

What league is gunna lose him....AGAIN Ricky...u didnt worry before, why now.....

Leave them alone and they will come home...dragging their wallets behind them

firechild said:
mozgrame said:

Surely by "here" he means Queensland right? :rolleyes:

Parramatta? That's in Queensland!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7