Stuart RAPER and Bill HARRIGAN SACKED!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Good to see Harrigan and his mate go, and perhaps they could revert to a one-man ref on the field, along with the one-man ref's coach. I'm not a fan of the two whistleblowers. There's a need to look at all matters regarding referees, but, I predict there will be no real change in the game. All froth and whistles at the moment, no substance.

Agreed, DSM5. Sacking Gallop and now the ref bosses have been cosmetic changes to appease the masses, but until we know who is in their place there isn't much cause for rejoicing.

Forgive me if this joke has already been used, but I mentioned it first on the facebook announcements.

"looks like they"
***sunglasses*****
" weren't given the benefit of the doubt"

and "not sure if sacked, or another interpretation of the obstruction rule

Bearfax said:
Wasnt Stuart Raper one of the applicants for Geoff Toovey's No 2 coaching position. Do you think he knew what was coming.

Harrigan was right about one thing though. The game's rules are too discretionary and need to be simplified and tightened so that 'mistakes' based on interpretations arent made. Of course this doesn't explain some of the video decisions....sometimes I thought I was watching the wrong game. I fully support the video system and believe it should be expanded because we can see more than the ref and only seems fair that they should benefit from what we see. However, some of those video refs should have been seeing OPSM years ago.

Wasn't his job to get a unified decision on rules? So if they are open to be interpreted then the referee boss is the one who interprets the rules and then instructs all the referees to call it that way.

So he can blame it on the book, even though it was he who was responsible for getting everyone reading the rule book the same.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Agreed, DSM5. Sacking Gallop and now the ref bosses have been cosmetic changes to appease the masses, but until we know who is in their place there isn't much cause for rejoicing.

Nope. It was the retention of Gallop & Harrigan that was all about the cosmetics.

Getting rid of those two out of control News Ltd egos is a hugely positive step for the game.

Notice that with the change in leadership, the wild and irrational knee-jerks from the top in favour of negative media stories are ... gone!

And with the change in refereeing leadership, hopefully referees will now feel empowered to actually make professional judgements on the field, rather than follow Harrigan's contradictory key indicators rubbishy system. If I want the best medical treatment I go to a professional who uses professional judgement. The same applies to refereeing. We need professionals, not the procedure-obsessed technicians that Harrigan created.

They've at last seen the flaw of Harrigan's no-one's accountable shared job with Raper. When will they finally see that the exact same flaw applies to Harrigan's no-one's accountable split-refereeing system?

Rex said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:

Nope. It was the retention of Gallop & Harrigan that was all about the cosmetics.

Getting rid of those two out of control News Ltd egos is a hugely positive step for the game.

Notice that with the change in leadership, the wild and irrational knee-jerks from the top in favour of negative media stories are ... gone

And with the change in refereeing leadership, hopefully referees will now feel empowered to actually make professional judgements on the field, rather than follow Harrigan's contradictory key indicators rubbishy system. If I want the best medical treatment I go to a professional who uses professional judgement. The same applies to refereeing. We need professionals, not the procedure-obsessed technicians that Harrigan created.

They've at last seen the flaw of Harrigan's no-one's accountable shared job with Raper. When will they finally see that the exact same flaw applies to Harrigan's no-one's accountable split-refereeing system?

Yep. I think you're barking up the right tree Rex. Sic em lad.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6