Strongest Team?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Jamie Lyon
04. William Hopoate
05. David Williams
06. Keiran Foran
07. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Steve Matai
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Jamie Buhrer or Terrence Seu Seu
15. George Rose
16. Joe Galuvao
17. Shane Rodney or Tony Williams

I love the idea of Matai in the pack but I just think he would break too many bones(his and his opposition)!

We have King & Kite who are going ok - big Joe plays a tight go foward game -theres the 3rd playing that role who in fact has been more impressive than the other 2. Williams - Off the BENCH maybe -??? i  make no guarantees here but he could be an impact player dragging numbers in around the ruck -has an offload as demonstrated in the Foran try - main concern for him like Rose would be in Defence. Cunningham WILL be that OFFICIAL prop - just not sure he is ready NOW.

Ryan I'm surprised you have put Buhrer or Seu Seu, Jamie HAS to be in the 17 on current form. I think Trex will head back to NSW cup until needed, I don't see Des trying him in the forwards in 1st grade before he's played there in reserves first. Same goes for Matai for that matter.

T Rex has the problem of he has never held a position that he would have otherwise had,He took Robbos place on the wing,Then wolfmans and now he is covering Matai in the centres

Dont forget he has cover 5/8 in QLD cup to

If we have him learn the ins and outs of the front row,he will be a ****ing weapon,also he needs the mental issues resolved

bob dylan link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=187165.msg328399#msg328399 date=1301374085]
Can't see Rodney playing again this year. 

And wont be re-signed.
[/quote]

Considering that Rodney's contract doesn't run out to the end of next year that isn't really an issue atm.

what about foran as a lock?
glenn & whatnow in the 2nd row, lyon & DCE in the halves and hoppa & shoulders matai in the centres?

Re: Strongest Team? MATAI

I don't beleive matai should be in the back row. if anyone should be in the backrow would be t-rex because of his size.

sticking matai in the backrow you would loose that intensity and the go forward he gives the side when he is on the field. its easier to get through backline players then get through props and second rowers. he doesn't have the build for it.

My suggestion would be replace hoppa with wolfman. Wolfman is injury prome and does drop a few balls.

Riobinson needs to be in the side. He is always safe and never misses a tackle or makes a mistake

my side

Stewart
Robinson
Lyon
Matai
Hoppa
foran
DCE
King
Ballin
Kite
watmough
Rodney
Stewart

Seuseu
Galavou
Rose
Robinson/T-rex/burer/

I guess our depth is alot better than others though

GO MANLY

Shane link said:
He must weigh the bottom end of 70kg
close......
on forans profile it has him weighing 89kgs, plus he's the strongest NRL player pound for pound!

we also won our last premiership with lyon at 5/8

DSM5 link said:
Can't see Rodney playing again this year. 

I've heard is coming along fine and will be playing by round 9. He was having a blinder in nsw Cup before he got hurt. Fit he will get in the team ahead of Buhrer. He is still highly rated by the coaching staff.

brookie link said:
[quote author=Shane link=topic=187165.msg328882#msg328882 date=1301491103]
He must weigh the bottom end of 70kg
close......
on forans profile it has him weighing 89kgs, plus he's the strongest NRL player pound for pound!

we also won our last premiership with lyon at 5/8
[/quote]

Matt Orford was also our 1/2 when we won our last premiership, doesn't mean he is still the right fit for that position in 2011.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4