Strongest Man in League

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Did he miss any tackles last night when he was playing out wide ?

I didn't notice any, but what I did see (which Andrew Johns picked up in commentary) was that at one point in the second half Jamie Soward could have easily ran around him and created a try with an overlap, but saw that it was Marty in front of him and decided to pass early (Marty was at least 4-5 metres away at the time). He didn't want to go anywhere near Taupau.

I can't wait to see Marty, Matai and Jorge in a three man hit on Choc crabby out wide .. Hopefully they carry him off to the concusion bin and Foz does a "heartlidge" and puts his hand up to be replaced before he feels the hammer!

I didn't notice any, but what I did see (which Andrew Johns picked up in commentary) was that at one point in the second half Jamie Soward could have easily ran around him and created a try with an overlap, but saw that it was Marty in front of him and decided to pass early (Marty was at least 4-5 metres away at the time). He didn't want to go anywhere near Taupau.
In fairness, that's Jamie Meoward's reaction everytime he sees ANY defender

Last edited:
Did he miss any tackles last night when he was playing out wide ?
It's not so much that he will miss tackles, more that space is created around him that draws other defenders in and leaves our edges exposed. I haven't seen enough to comprehensively say this is the case, but it worries me a little. The modern edge backrower is generally a fit, lean, and nimble player that covers a lot of ground laterally and makes really crucial decisions in defence.

It's not so much that he will miss tackles, more that space is created around him that draws other defenders in and leaves our edges exposed. I haven't seen enough to comprehensively say this is the case, but it worries me a little. The modern edge backrower is generally a fit, lean, and nimble player that covers a lot of ground laterally and makes really crucial decisions in defence.
You do make a good point there but I do have faith in that Kapow is an awesome athlete and he would be intimidating in defense as well as he is in attack .
Running on the edges he would make mince meat out of the lean players IMO

Its not about the size of the dog in the fight, its a about the size of the fight in the dog.

My opinion of Kapow as a Tigers was .... well not good.

Let hope he displays some serious ticker.

Go on utube and watch Marty Tapau playing for junior kiwis.He ran down Dane Gagai so easily.I heard he was a athletic champion in his day.He would make Brenton Lawrence look slow

Go on utube and watch Marty Tapau playing for junior kiwis.He ran down Dane Gagai so easily.I heard he was a athletic champion in his day.He would make Brenton Lawrence look slow
As his junior Kiwi coach Jake T Muss said, too much weights, not enough speedwork.

Can he actually play 80 mins? Look, i'm a fan, but would think the reduced interchange will force his game into the middle. But we'll see ~ looking forward to a big year from Kapau

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6