Stronger than 2013?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

doc

Reserve Grader
It's probably line ball, but what are the differences between this weeks team and last years GF team?

Backs - the same class and Hiku in for Williams
Forwards - no Kite, Ballin or Stewart. That's an issue. Starling, Hodges, Symonds will need to play big.

Bench - I would suggest is stronger this year. Jesse, Lui, King, and Hasson is a more attacking bench than Rose, Gower, Symonds and Buhrer. In saying that, we'll miss Buhrer

Manly played 4 instead of 3 games in the Finals - its that simple :cool:

They were leading by 10 points with 20 to go and just ran out of puff :(

If Manly don't win on Friday, their bodies won't make it through another 3 games :s

Yep, still not a bad-looking team...though we still lack a prop who can really bend the line, in my opinion. One thing that Gorgeous G brought to the party the past few years was that onve he hit the line, he kept right on going...and usually squashed a couple of defenders when he DID go down.

No way we are stronger - Stewart/Buhrer/Ballin can't be replaced. But we still have the best halves combo in the comp, and that counts for a lot.

We were playing better last year at finals time. That first semi against Easts was arguably the finest match of the season, and we should have won it. We had far more attacking chances than Easts, and did it without Brett.
All the media talk of in-fighting doesn't bode well for a performance like that, unfortunately.

We were also dusted by Penrith at home in round 26 last year, akin to the cowboys drubbing.

Round 26 last year was an A grade tank job. I don't think the same can be said of this year unless Buhrer and Ballinderry miraculously recover.

Take Kite, Ballin, Buhrer, and Stewart, out of any team and it will be significantly weaker. I believe we could have offset the loss of Kite with our stronger bench, but without Ballin in the middle, and a quality hole runner with a huge work rate, and a x factor on the edge of the ruck with tremendous ball playing ability, it's a no brainer.

^Agree

Got the feeling all year that the Manly Players were just doing enough to get the right to change the result from last year :cool:

Frustrating to watch them shut down a lead during the Season, but I am excited to see them unleashed from Friday :)

[attachment=878]

So if we lose in week two of the finals can MWSE come up with something better than STRONGER TOGETHER?

Down by 10-15% as far as roster but what does that equal in points??
Thing is, the GF was against a Roosters team who were also 10% better also, with the extra desire not as prominent in 2014 & Jake Friend missing.
Fact is the boys both ran out of steam & imo, put the cue in the rack after Matai scored.
Factors like DCE not getting a deserved penalty after a late hit from the kick next set & numerous suspect calls would usually be overcome by the swarming Manly defence, but once the momentum shifted it was game over.
Point is, the extra 10% can be found by the Seaeagles extra hunger that will still be in the back of the players mind & in the heat of battle will either work for them, or against them.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6