1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strong up front in 2012

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by SeaEagleRock8, Oct 4, 2011.

1. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,802 / 122
    We will have a pretty strong forward pack again next year.

Front rowers - King, Lussick, Kite Rose, Mauro, Joe, Robinson. I expect Lussick Mauro and Robinson to play a lot of minutes next year.
    Back rowers – Glen, Choc, T-Rex (all 3 in the kangaroo squad) plus Buhrer and also Joe & Mauro can play there as well.

There will probably be one or two young up & comers pushing for spot as well, like Cunningham or Stromqist ??

Back-up for Ballin will be interesting. I heard Zorba say a few weeks ago that Buhrer was likely to eventually be a hooker.

With our young gun halves and plenty of class still in the backline we might be even better than this year…

2. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    Cunningham needs blooding asap imo, his game pleases me

3. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    All good for the future. You know if you were a young up and comer you'd be mad not to try to get to Manly. We win a GF every decade, so if you're good enough you win a ring. It must be horrible to be a good footballer in a crap team.

4. EagleRock40

EagleRock40 Well-Known Member

Ourimbah, New South Wales
    Ratings:
    +211 / 4
    We also have Daniel Harrison to cover the back row and i think he recently signed a 2 year contract. IMO, he'll probably take Rodneys spot

5. OneEyedEagle

OneEyedEagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    Thats pretty impressive pack and interesting to hear about Buhrer

6. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,802 / 122
    Oh yeah, I knew I was forgetting somebody.

7. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    Stromquest as well.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    I'm not as convinced Stromquest can go all the way. He's a goer and I have not doubt he'll get the most out of his ability but I can't see him making it to the next level.

9. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,552 / 32
    Stromquist seems to have a very high workrate. I'd like to see him get some time in 2012.
    Only way to find out if he's got the goods.

10. Volley

Volley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 21
    Yeah same.

11. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    A very close family relative told me that Des has high hopes for him. The club reckons his workrate, especially his tackling is amazing! Also plays alot of quality minutes. I do know he is working with a sprint coach to sharpen his attack. Parra were after him in June!! Can't see him in nrl next year but 2013 is a big chance. [hr]
    don't forget Junior Palau!! the big kid in lots of photos on gf day.

12. lismore_fan

lismore_fan Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +206 / 1
    There's plenty of them in the other 15 clubs.

Just makes it more difficult to get the Dally M points from a good team.

13. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 0
    Good to hear about Stromquist, you would that he is going to bolster a strong NSW cup forward pack next year.

I think there is a possibility that Lussick moves goes back into the second row next year as well.

14. Crusher_Cleal

Crusher_Cleal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +555 / 17
    1. Stewart
    2. Oldfield
    3. Lyon
    4. Matai
    5. Wolfman/Whare
    6. Foran
    7. DCE
    8. King
    9. Ballin
    10. Kite
    11. Choc
    12. T-Rex
    13. Stewart
    Res: Rose, Buhrer, Joe, Lussick/Mauro
    So is this our likely 17 to start next year then? Seems a little light on the backrow side of things. Will be eager to see how Harrison turns out.

15. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    No way is the backrow a weakness. Still a huge strength of ours. I would like to see more minutes for Buhrer. He barely got any time in the second half of the season but he seems all quality.

16. Crusher_Cleal

Crusher_Cleal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +555 / 17
    Sorry, meant to have Rose in there. Not a weakness, especially considering Choc/Stewart play 80 min each, but more the depth behind them that worries me, especially come SOO time.

17. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,842 / 103
    There are always players who we don;t know about that emerge during a season. As long as DCE, Foran, Lyon, and the Stewarts remain fit then we will be in the finals mix again.

18. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Rose has to go back to his 2007 weight, as this year we never saw his famous side step.
    If anything, his weight shot up near the end of the year and impacted his getting back onside etc.

Great talent not being realized.

19. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Lyon is the key to our prospects in 2012. He was, along with Glenn, simply our best all year. Great captain, great defender and a real thinker on the park.

20. Moops

Moops Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +394 / 26
    Gallen must be kicking himself as he was close to signing with us at the end of 2007 I think...