Strong up front in 2012

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
We will have a pretty strong forward pack again next year.

Front rowers - King, Lussick, Kite Rose, Mauro, Joe, Robinson. I expect Lussick Mauro and Robinson to play a lot of minutes next year.
Back rowers – Glen, Choc, T-Rex (all 3 in the kangaroo squad) plus Buhrer and also Joe & Mauro can play there as well.

There will probably be one or two young up & comers pushing for spot as well, like Cunningham or Stromqist ??

Back-up for Ballin will be interesting. I heard Zorba say a few weeks ago that Buhrer was likely to eventually be a hooker.

With our young gun halves and plenty of class still in the backline we might be even better than this year…

All good for the future. You know if you were a young up and comer you'd be mad not to try to get to Manly. We win a GF every decade, so if you're good enough you win a ring. It must be horrible to be a good footballer in a crap team.

We also have Daniel Harrison to cover the back row and i think he recently signed a 2 year contract. IMO, he'll probably take Rodneys spot

EagleRock40 said:
We also have Daniel Harrison to cover the back row and i think he recently signed a 2 year contract. IMO, he'll probably take Rodneys spot
Oh yeah, I knew I was forgetting somebody.

I'm not as convinced Stromquest can go all the way. He's a goer and I have not doubt he'll get the most out of his ability but I can't see him making it to the next level.

Masked Eagle said:
I'm not as convinced Stromquest can go all the way. He's a goer and I have not doubt he'll get the most out of his ability but I can't see him making it to the next level.

Yeah same.

A very close family relative told me that Des has high hopes for him. The club reckons his workrate, especially his tackling is amazing! Also plays alot of quality minutes. I do know he is working with a sprint coach to sharpen his attack. Parra were after him in June!! Can't see him in nrl next year but 2013 is a big chance.

don't forget Junior Palau!! the big kid in lots of photos on gf day.

DSM5 said:
It must be horrible to be a good footballer in a crap team.

There's plenty of them in the other 15 clubs.

Just makes it more difficult to get the Dally M points from a good team.

Darren said:
A very close family relative told me that Des has high hopes for him. The club reckons his workrate, especially his tackling is amazing! Also plays alot of quality minutes. I do know he is working with a sprint coach to sharpen his attack. Parra were after him in June!! Can't see him in nrl next year but 2013 is a big chance.

don't forget Junior Palau!! the big kid in lots of photos on gf day.

Good to hear about Stromquist, you would that he is going to bolster a strong NSW cup forward pack next year.

I think there is a possibility that Lussick moves goes back into the second row next year as well.

1. Stewart
2. Oldfield
3. Lyon
4. Matai
5. Wolfman/Whare
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. King
9. Ballin
10. Kite
11. Choc
12. T-Rex
13. Stewart
Res: Rose, Buhrer, Joe, Lussick/Mauro
So is this our likely 17 to start next year then? Seems a little light on the backrow side of things. Will be eager to see how Harrison turns out.

Crusher_Cleal said:
1. Stewart
2. Oldfield
3. Lyon
4. Matai
5. Wolfman/Whare
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. King
9. Ballin
10. Kite
11. Choc
12. T-Rex
13. Stewart
Res: Mauro, Buhrer, Joe, Lussick
So is this our likely 17 to start next year then? Seems a little light on the backrow side of things. Will be eager to see how Harrison turns out.

No way is the backrow a weakness. Still a huge strength of ours. I would like to see more minutes for Buhrer. He barely got any time in the second half of the season but he seems all quality.

Sorry, meant to have Rose in there. Not a weakness, especially considering Choc/Stewart play 80 min each, but more the depth behind them that worries me, especially come SOO time.

There are always players who we don;t know about that emerge during a season. As long as DCE, Foran, Lyon, and the Stewarts remain fit then we will be in the finals mix again.

Rose has to go back to his 2007 weight, as this year we never saw his famous side step.
If anything, his weight shot up near the end of the year and impacted his getting back onside etc.

Great talent not being realized.

Lyon is the key to our prospects in 2012. He was, along with Glenn, simply our best all year. Great captain, great defender and a real thinker on the park.

DSM5 said:
All good for the future. You know if you were a young up and comer you'd be mad not to try to get to Manly. We win a GF every decade, so if you're good enough you win a ring. It must be horrible to be a good footballer in a crap team.

Gallen must be kicking himself as he was close to signing with us at the end of 2007 I think...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4