strange...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
With Des's team selections in the past two years is it any wonder that our forwards don't turn up in quite a few games. 

No matter how bad they play the week before they know that they will never get dropped as the only time they won't be in firsts is if they are injured. 

They have become fat amd lazy as they don't have to fight for their postions.  There have been plenty of times on the past two years when King, Kite and Perry should have been sunning themselves in the sunshine coast team. 

Buying joe and Cross this year was a big mistakle as what we needed to do was purchase a couple of good up and comming props for this year and blood them along side King, Perry and kite.

Perry is now leaving, Kite's contract is up next year and surely won't be retained and King I think is also up next year and should not be resigned either. 

tookey link said:
With Des's team selections in the past two years is it any wonder that our forwards don't turn up in quite a few games. 

No matter how bad they play the week before they know that they will never get dropped as the only time they won't be in firsts is if they are injured. 

They have become fat amd lazy as they don't have to fight for their postions.  There have been plenty of times on the past two years when King, Kite and Perry should have been sunning themselves in the sunshine coast team. 

Buying joe and Cross this year was a big mistakle as what we needed to do was purchase a couple of good up and comming props for this year and blood them along side King, Perry and kite.

Perry is now leaving, Kite's contract is up next year and surely won't be retained and King I think is also up next year and should not be resigned either. 

Have to agree. We should have released Perry earlier. I'd love a pack of:-

Jared Weara-Hargraves
Matt Ballin
Lama Tasi
Anthony Watmough
Shane Rodney
Glenn Stewart

Ben Farrar
George Rose (under a MASSIVE fitness regime Singe !)
Birrigan Young
Darcy Lussick

we need to expose the youth movement in the forwards...and have some positions in jeapardy in order for our team to lift.

Everything else seems to only work for a game or two, then sloppiness creeps back into everything we do.

We'll get dominated at home tonight....regardless of how close it is, they'll always be on top (with nothing to play for), and they will win.

THAT'S, a certainty.

There is abig difference between first grade and the lower grades.

Sticking players in the deep end is not a good idea. What will happen
everyone will be on here bagging them after 1 bad performance.

We said 2yrs ago we needed to have william hopoate playing full back. Des didn;t think so and he was right. There will be a place for these
players when the time is right.

Salary cap is squeezing out some of our younger better players.

They need time and some players need to build their bodies up physically as well or injuries will occur early in their careers.

Ryan link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=184515.msg282207#msg282207 date=1281151829]

They have become fat amd lazy as they don't have to fight for their postions.  There have been plenty of times on the past two years when King, Kite and Perry should have been sunning themselves in the sunshine coast team.  

We'll get dominated at home tonight....regardless of how close it is, they'll always be on top (with nothing to play for), and they will win.

THAT'S, a certainty.
[/quote]

When's this happening buddy ?

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=184515.msg282209#msg282209 date=1281152656]
[quote author=tookey link=topic=184515.msg282207#msg282207 date=1281151829]

THAT'S, a certainty.
[/quote]

When's this happening buddy ?
[/quote]he was going off last weeks form,.. lol

I have to agree with Susan. There are some good forwards in our Under 20s, and would probably have done a better job than, say, Perry, has this year.
Other clubs blood their youngsters. We don;t, and often they sign with other clubs because of the lack of opportunity.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6