Storm YART

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon (c)
05. Dean Whare
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jason King (c)
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Tony Williams
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Jamie Buhrer
15. Darcy Lussick
16. Vic Mauro
17. Joe Galuvao

Coach: Geoff Toovey

i am not sure why Vic Mauro get the gong ahead of George. He offers more metres though maybe Vic is brought on to tackle everything that moves when others are tired.

yeah, tough call. Vic is the ugly player who does the dirty work. George isn't as tight in defence and is only good for impact for a short period.

I guess Joe does a good job of coming on and getting metres...we need that ugly, no frills type, with minimal errors and covers the gaps.

Yeah i'd have to agree Oldfield apart from being out of position once was great last night. He is faster bigger and more consistent but I thought Whare was great at center he's just not a winger like Oldfield is.

the mauler said:
Was at the game and Oldfield was lost in defence. Was lucky to only cost us 1 try.

That is the way I saw it at the game as well. It shows how poor Thurston played as he should have caught oldfield out of position on numerous occasions.

George in for Vic. Vic just lacks any penetration when hitting the ball up, where Georgie bends the line back, has a great offload and generally gets us going forward when we need it.

Vic is there for back row cover as well I'd imagine allowing us to inject Buhrer to hooker if all goes to plan

The straight shootout is more between Lussick and Rose

Kiwi Eagle said:
Vic is there for back row cover as well I'd imagine allowing us to inject Buhrer to hooker if all goes to plan

The straight shootout is more between Lussick and Rose

I think Lussick has won that battle with his last couple of games.

are we really getting benefit of using Buhrer as hooker? I can remember one game where he added considerable spark to our momentum, but otherwise, he seems out of position and lacks what he gives us when coming on in the backrow.

Not blaming him on this, butmaybe it contributes to the lack ofcohesion and the poor manly 2nd halves.

keep Ballin on, use Buhrer as a backrower and to cover an injury in the backs.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4