Storm V Raiders

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
I know its got nothing to do with manly but I need to vent.

How many times are Melbourne under the pump on their own line and they get disgustingly soft penalties that have been let go all match? How many times can they blatantly knock on and have it let go? How many 50/50 calls go their way and how many frigin benefit of the doubt tries against them get called NO TRY?

Tonight refing lost canberra the game. They were in the match right up to their eye balls. They would have gone ahead 22 - 4 but bill harrigon believes that when a ball is grounded between stop frames and the arm goes out in the same stop frame, thats definatly out. Even though it could have been in just as much in, he decides to go against the benefit "RULE" and let melbourne off the hook.

I don't care canberra lost, i'm just sick and tired of watching good contests ruined by the ref when Melbourne are struggling in a match.

Canberra were pretty unlucky tonight. Some very questionable penalties. One on Inglis which I thought was very soft. The one where Colin Best was penalised on the Canberra try-line as well was a f*cking shocking call.

But Melbourne also looked like they were going to find a way to come back. When they get a sniff of momentum they just start rolling forward and everything seems inevitable. They really are an awesome sight when everything clicks. Even if it only clicks for 10 minutes in a game.

Canberra's defence was brilliant to watch for about 60 minutes. Rushing up together, big hits, wrapping the ball up, great to watch. But they were buggered by the 60 minute mark and when the Best try was disallowed...their heads went down and the Storm pounced.

I thought it was a fairly high quality game tonight though. I certainly enjoyed watching it, even though the bloody Storm won....

of course the storm are going to get a role on, they know that once the ref gives them that penalty they will get everything their way.

Its having that boost to pass thing in Indy cars

Gould has been scathing at the video refs. If that St George on Saturday was not a try then we will have nil-all draws for the rest of the season.

I agree too that certain teams are getting a soft run with the men in the middle and it is blatant at times.

The first 65 minutes showed what happens when Melbourne aren't allowed to get away with whatever they want. They lose.
The last 15 showed what happens when they are. They win.

Unlike last week, they were getting called on their forward passes. Without forward passes they struggle to score. They would've lost at least three trys against us last week if Archer was as competant as Maxwell was for most of tonight, where they were called for the first three. They still got one in at the end though.

Why was Hoffman penalised for missing Goodwin when Crocker was applauded for getting Stewart, in an almost identical situation ?

And finally, I'm sick of the Slater shyte that's going on this year. He has a great kick return but gets smashed by Stewart in every other way.

0,,5998118,00.jpg

No try...video referee Bill Harrigan ruled that Colin Best
grounded the ball at the same time his left arm touched
the sideline and disallowed the try. Picture: Fox Sports.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,23578760-5001023,00.html

In the frame before that, the ball is about 1cm off the ground and his arm about 2 inches inside the line. It appeared to me that it was more likley to have been in than out. But, not being able to tell either way IT HAS to be benefit of the doubt.

Even in that frame you have to say benefit of the doubt

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4