Storm decline World Club Series

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagle9413

Forward Pass
Mon 10 Oct, 2016, 5:04pm
NRL.com

Melbourne Storm has declined an invitation to participate in next year's World Club Series, CEO Dave Donaghy confirmed on Monday.

Donaghy said the decision had been made in order to give Storm the best possible preparation ahead of the 2017 season.

In past years, only the NRL Premiers travelled to the UK to take on the Super League champions, however, the format was expanded in 2015 to include other teams.

Read More:
http://www.nrl.com/storm-decline-world-club-series/tabid/10874/newsid/102017/default.aspx

Oh, it's in the U.K. I thought they'd changed that so it was one year there and the next here??

And a big NO from me ( although loved doing it).

Go for it. Excellent idea.would be highly bennificial to our season**

**Disclaimer- I live in London so this is the only game I could go to. Personally it's a stupid idea given the injuries this season but as tommy once said' show me the money'

What a farce this has become
Why is it seemingly inevitable that everything in the NRL becomes a farce?

However, why not make good use of the farce, why not express interest, on the proviso, that we get a fair draw for 2017?

on second thoughts our 'brains trust' probably wouldn't know a fair draw if they fell over it.....

Games outside the NRL = Risk.

In my opinion the WCC risk out weighs the incentive. So I would prefer Manly dont play.

Send over Souffs and Parra seeing their the 'Pride of the league' :giggle:

What's the trophy like? It would be good to get another one for the cabinet. It's been a lean time since 2011

If they will offer $400k, get the poms to come to Australia to play & have the ESL pay the winner.

Well I guess the penns aren't just in this for the money! Great decision to turn down this ridiculous competition. It's no good traveling around the world only a few weeks out from pre season. Well done to the club!

Manly chairman Scott Penn added: “We have fully locked in our trial games and our schedules. There is some level of interest but it would need to be lucrative enough to make significant changes. At the moment, unlikely.

Money will talk

To be fair, the PENNS would be crazy not to consider the club challenge.

We are still looking for a "new major sponsor" the away jersey is still for sale.

The club is seeking up to 500k a year for that.

Exposure in the UK has to be beneficial in attraction and or increasing our jerseys value.

A good road trip to build team spirit, and play some poor pommy sides to get us off to a winning start.

It will expose our depth early as more Blacktown players will be either att the 9's or trials the club have committed too.

It may be a busy way to start the year, but there could be benefits.

100k after expenses are paid to go to the UK seem better then a kick in the guts.

I may be way wrong but surely $100 k is more lucrative then what the club makes out of the $10 per person tickets at Rat park. We don't get 10000 people there.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6