Storm a good investment

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Captain Moondog

Absolute Superstar
Storm a good investment, says Ryan
Date
January 24, 2013

Brad Walter
Chief Rugby League Writer

Gerry Ryan ... has ruled out buying the Melbourne Storm. Photo: Michael Clayton-Jones
FORMER Melbourne director Gerry Ryan believes the Storm could be profitable within three years, but the GreenEDGE cycling boss has ruled out buying the club if a bid by an international consortium does not materialise.

Since handing control of the game to the newly formed ARL Commission last February, News Ltd has been keen to sell the Storm and was recently approached by a group of investors interested in buying the club on the proviso that Craig Bellamy remain as coach.

With Melbourne guaranteed $20 million in additional funding over the next five years, on top of the annual $7 million grant each club receives from the game's new television deal, a new owner would have time to get finances into shape. And Ryan, who had been interested in buying the Storm, said there was potential to turn the premiers into a success off the field as well as on it.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-league/melbourne-storm/storm-a-good-investment-says-ryan-20130123-2d7jl.html#ixzz2IprV4PGE.....Extra 20 million. Must be a reward for rorting the cap. Level playing field? I don't think so.....

I am more interested in your Drew Barrymore quote. Sounds like a direct rip off of a Tom Waits song called Fish and Bird.

They bought a round for the sailor
And they heard his tale
Of a world that was so far away
And a song that we'd never heard
A song of a little bird
That fell in love with a whale

He said, 'You cannot live in the ocean'
And she said to him
'You never can live in the sky'
But the ocean is filled with tears
And the sea turns into a mirror
There's a whale in the moon when it's clear
And a bird on the tide

Please don't cry
Let me dry your eyes

So tell me that you will wait for me
Hold me in your arms
I promise we never will part
I'll never sail back to the time
But I'll always pretend you're mine
Though I know that we both must part
You can live in my heart

Please don't cry
Let me dry your eyes

And tell me that you will wait for me
Hold me in your arms
But I'll always pretend that you're mine
I know that we both must part
You can live in my heart

bob dylan said:
I am more interested in your Drew Barrymore quote. Sounds like a direct rip off of a Tom Waits song called Fish and Bird.

They bought a round for the sailor
And they heard his tale
Of a world that was so far away
And a song that we'd never heard
A song of a little bird
That fell in love with a whale

He said, 'You cannot live in the ocean'
And she said to him
'You never can live in the sky'
But the ocean is filled with tears
And the sea turns into a mirror
There's a whale in the moon when it's clear
And a bird on the tide

Please don't cry
Let me dry your eyes

So tell me that you will wait for me
Hold me in your arms
But I'll always pretend you're mine
Though I know that we both must part
You can live in my heart

Please don't cry
Let me dry your eyes

And tell me that you will wait for me
Hold me in your arms
But I'll always pretend that you're mine
I know that we both must part
You can live in my heart
It seems I may have been holding her in too much esteem, so she is not the original thinker I believed her to be....however I think M. C. Escher solved the problem in his lithograph Fish to Birds...

ah Tom Waits, I have only gotten into his music over the last few months.......wow what a poet laureate he is, you can put ten people into a room and get ten different opinions about what his songs mean.......thank you for posting those lyrics they are beautiful, I will have to go and listen to that song

Doing due diligence on the Storm would be a nightmare - how many contracts would you need to review? You'd be up to 50 just reviewing their top 25 squad...

hillbillyjazzer1954 said:
ah Tom Waits, I have only gotten into his music over the last few months.......wow what a poet laureate he is, you can put ten people into a room and get ten different opinions about what his songs mean.......thank you for posting those lyrics they are beautiful, I will have to go and listen to that song

Tom is an acquired taste.

Thankfully I acquired the taste over 20 years ago. It's a real shame he has become critically acclaimed and publicly adored with all records going to number one or close to it these days. I preferred it when me and half a dozen other people would contact each other when a great album like Black Rider or Franks Wild Years and we would rave on to each other about him.

Check him out in the recent movie 7 Psychopaths he was brilliant.

Slide said:
+1 for Tom Waits. The best part of this thread.

Yep, I tried to Listen to him 25 Years ago when i was into Chicago Blues and Rockabilly (still am)......and could not get my head around him.......I re visited his music late last year and i suppose being a bit older and opening my ears properly, the penny dropped and it was wow!!!! now i understand where he is coming from, I love the way he mixes Blues, Folk, Tin Pan Alley, Country, Jazz, Coffee House beatnik spoken recitations and a sprinkling of everything else.......and his Melodys just floor me

I have played Tom Tauberts Blues for a few people and asked them what they think it is about and have got different opinions every time........such is Tom Waits

Here is a thought.

Why don't (we) the supporters of Manly set up a company and get donations paid into it with the view of getting enough money to buy Melbourne Storm RLFC?

The end result would be that Manly fans own Melbourne.

I know just a fanciful idea but imagine - that would be another reason for everyone to hate us even more.:D

The Bears should buy the storm, move them to Perth and play all of their games as away games. Perfect.

Tom Waits is an awesome musician and a music ledgend i love his work, it's so real.

bob dylan said:
hillbillyjazzer1954 said:

Tom is an acquired taste.

Thankfully I acquired the taste over 20 years ago. It's a real shame he has become critically acclaimed and publicly adored with all records going to number one or close to it these days. I preferred it when me and half a dozen other people would contact each other when a great album like Black Rider or Franks Wild Years and we would rave on to each other about him.

Check him out in the recent movie 7 Psychopaths he was brilliant.

I watched 7 Psychopaths last night as you said he is Brilliant, the last scene in the Telephone Booth is Awesome......he can write a beautiful song like Midnight Lullaby.......and then play that part to perfection.....what more can you say, about him

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6