1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stories in the Tele

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by PJ, Jul 23, 2007.

1. PJ

PJ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0
    I see the story about Monas in the news section but there was also another story on the same page in the Tele about an almost blind Manly supporter who goes to the games with his son and his son calls the game for him.
    Both good stories about the club.
    I was a bit surprised to read that the kid doing the calling of the game for his dad copped a bit of crap from people standing around him on the hill- who does that????

2. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Probably the WSS mob.

3. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    pick a login matas..

4. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    no, just my nose.

5. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    Does not surprise me, there are some tools that sit on the hill. I am thinking of getting tickets in the stands for a few games next season as a result.

6. DVS Matt

DVS Matt Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    excuse me?

a) WSS doesn't exsist anymore and hasn't done for months.

b) Don't you ****ing dare start pointing fingers at anyone without any evidence of wrong doing.

c) I will personally vouch for every member of WSS that i know as a honourable person of society.

d) Finally, how quick you forget.......you came crying to us when you had handbags at ten paces over here with numerous people.

7. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
  8. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    It was a gee up Matt - he was just stirring. I am surprised Mata didn't say someone else actually!!! :lol: :lol:

9. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    He almost got me to take the bait!!!

10. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    I remember dropping in & visiting that WSS mob once. And yep, thats how i remember them... an immature & very touchy lot of kids. :p

11. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Too obvious. I must add that WSS were desperate to recruit me to the cause. I'd have fitted right in according to Jatz' impression.

12. Utility Player

Utility Player Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +456 / 4
    I bet nobody will now, but if you did not know the bloke was blind and there was a kid giving a running commentary on the game right next to you for 80 minutes I could see how it could be get up your nose. Especially if you had had a few.

13. DVS Matt

DVS Matt Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    *shakes head*

i've been had

14. PJ

PJ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0
    I bet nobody will now, but if you did not know the bloke was blind and there was a kid giving a running commentary on the game right next to you for 80 minutes I could see how it could be get up your nose. Especially if you had had a few.
    [/quote]

Yeah I thought of that -you would like to think if they started up on him some of the people with the kid doing the calling would return serve and make the people feel like tools.

15. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    A blind guy on the sideline. Has he been recruited to be a NRL referee!!!!! :blaugh: :blaugh: