1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stone Cold Motherless Last

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Canteen Worker, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    The only way is up!!! Last without a win. How the mighty are fallen. Many a day since this has happened.

I suppose you could say we are 'flying under the radar' again.

It hurts!!!!!

2. KaZa

KaZa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 20
    Was only 6 weeks ago we smashed Leeds playing great footy.

3. eagle_predator

eagle_predator Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't doubt that we will bounce back.

4. Ian Martin tragic

Ian Martin tragic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0
    hopefully THIS will be the motivator to extract the digit. the players in front can't just assume having the no. 1 back will automatically solve everything.

5. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    Stone cold motherless last is usually a term I associate with horse racing. If we were a nag that had lost 4 the owners would be looking for a return on their investment via the glue factory. Wonder what the board is thinking now?

6. niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,521 / 50
    Relating footy to horse racing, shouldn't we get a prize for being last, you know, like in Melbourne cup sweeps.
    And we shouldn't call them "Motherless Last" as they've been playing like a bunch of  useless Mother F$#kers.
    No offense Sea Eagles boys. I believe in you and you'll be back to form.

7. CLT COMMANDER

CLT COMMANDER Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I look at it this way:  there is only 6 points seperating first and last.

8. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    The prize is called "the wooden spoon" nicci and the race isn't over until the end of the season (a prize I hope we never get).

9. niccipops

Ratings:
    +5,521 / 50
    We wont Jethro - the mighty Eagles will be back!

10. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    CLT Commander is correct.  There is only 6 points between first and us.  We win this weekend and go on from there.  I can see a good run of wins coming up.  We have the team, Brett's back, the backline will come together and the forwards will get their hearts back.  All good really.  The season starts with a win against the Tigers on Sunday.

11. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    You said it started with a win over the Knights. The season started 4 weeks ago :p

12. niccipops

Ratings:
    +5,521 / 50
    Don't be a party pooper. At least allow us the pleasure of otimism (or some might call it kidding ourselves). Does anyone believe a 22 game winning streak is on the cards?

13. KaZa

KaZa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 20
    well weve won everything else there is.. might as well fill the trophy cabinet with a wooden spoon.