Stillnox

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What about Paul Kent's smug little laugh then when Johnsy asked him who he's got it in for in the paper this week, to which he answered 'Watmough'

So does anyone here actually take them..... or just believe the scaremongering news rags and sensationalist ACA or TT "reports" on Stilnox?

I'm a shift worker, and do a lot of looooong hours and odd shifts: my last week was this: Mon- 6am->2pm; tues- 6am->930pm; wed- 4am->2pm; thurs- 4am->2pm; fri- 4am->12pm; sun- 1230am->130pm; mon/tues/wed- 2pm-> 11pm. Next week will be back on early starts...

This is a relatively normal week for me and the crew I work with, and unless you've done rotating shifts and extended hours you'll never understand how damn hard it is to get your body clock sorted out.

Sleep is nigh impossible at times and no matter how tired you are sometimes you simply will_not_sleep. You can't switch off, you get irritable and wound up. Stilnox (and Valium, and codeine, and alcohol, and anything else you can think of) become vital in helping turn your body clock around to suit whatever hours you happen to be working. I have a rather high tolerance for any chemicals however, and nowadays one stilnox won't cut it: sometimes 2 or 3 will help but not always unfortunately.

As opposed to some other sleeping tabs stilnox don't leave me feeling wooly in the morning and that's why I prefer them... Valium are much the same but a little addictive at the same time so care must be taken.

To cut along story short stilnox are excellent if used correctly, but are easily abused and dangerous (like most OTC drugs) if mixed with alcohol or eaten like M&Ms.

Also, I need a new job!

I've worked a lot of shift work and have trained myself to be able to sleep at any time.

KOMORI said:
So does anyone here actually take them..... or just believe the scaremongering news rags and sensationalist ACA or TT "reports" on Stilnox?

I'm a shift worker, and do a lot of looooong hours and odd shifts: my last week was this: Mon- 6am->2pm; tues- 6am->930pm; wed- 4am->2pm; thurs- 4am->2pm; fri- 4am->12pm; sun- 1230am->130pm; mon/tues/wed- 2pm-> 11pm. Next week will be back on early starts...

This is a relatively normal week for me and the crew I work with, and unless you've done rotating shifts and extended hours you'll never understand how damn hard it is to get your body clock sorted out.

Sleep is nigh impossible at times and no matter how tired you are sometimes you simply will_not_sleep. You can't switch off, you get irritable and wound up. Stilnox (and Valium, and codeine, and alcohol, and anything else you can think of) become vital in helping turn your body clock around to suit whatever hours you happen to be working. I have a rather high tolerance for any chemicals however, and nowadays one stilnox won't cut it: sometimes 2 or 3 will help but not always unfortunately.

As opposed to some other sleeping tabs stilnox don't leave me feeling wooly in the morning and that's why I prefer them... Valium are much the same but a little addictive at the same time so care must be taken.

To cut along story short stilnox are excellent if used correctly, but are easily abused and dangerous (like most OTC drugs) if mixed with alcohol or eaten like M&Ms.

Also, I need a new job!

I've been taking them for years. I have no ill affects and I sleep like a baby when I do take them.

Darren said:
Good old Choc! Never a dull moment with him. Time to turn a new leaf I reckon lol

Well it was seven years ago [shrugs]

Darren said:
Good old Choc! Never a dull moment with him. Time to turn a new leaf I reckon lol

Good old DT - the news is seven years old! :dodgy:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/anthony-watmough-was-booted-out-of-nsw-origin-team-following-stilnox-sleepwalk/story-e6frexnr-1226477570790

manlyfan76 said:
I've worked a lot of shift work and have trained myself to be able to sleep at any time.

I seriously wish I could!

Ralphie made my point with one sentence lol :)

Gotta love the fish and chip wrappers digging up old news bahahah ;)

I use it, it's the only sleeping tablet that I find will let me wake up feeling refreshed and awake 6-8 hours after I take it. Other ones I've taken leave me groggy/hungover/tired the next morning.

I bet Matty Johns wishes he knew about them when he was playing for the Sharks in NZ a few years ago. "But Wifey, i was sleep rooting!".

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6