Still waiting for an answer.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Isn't anyone the slightest bit concerned about beating the Sharks this week ? We seem to be chatting about everything but this game. I hope the players and coaching staff are concentrating on them and not thinking ahead or there will be no ahead.

CAMBO said:
Why do people feel the need to compare tooves to des.

Great point Cambo. I actually see it as a compliment to Toovey that peoole are comparing Toovey & Des. Des has a great record. No doubt. Pissed about the way he left. No doubt. Toovey done a great job thus far. No doubt. Toovey is the man. Des is now a part of history.

I was at the Easts match, and thought we were unlucky. Then I watched a replay on TV and it really hit home how much we dominated that match. Our attack looked like cracking them several times. Easts rarely did.
Obviously the loser of that brutal encounter would struggle to get 'up' for the match with Cronulla. It will be understandable if we are flat.
We definitely have a better team, but some of them are injured. It's going to be tough.

CAMBO said:
Why do people feel the need to compare tooves to des.

Because there is no fun in it if we compare him to Peter Sharp.

Des has more runs on the board than Tooves, but he has also had more innings. Let's see what Tooves' record looks like after a couple more seasons.

You also have to realise that Tooves more or less was left with Des's dirty laundry. A bitter end to the 2011 season, support staff gutted out of the place, backended contracts, a squad tailored to Des's style of play. All these things Tooves had to deal with while ALSO learning the ropes as a head coach. He got thrown in at the deep end and IMO he has swum pretty well, definitely not drowning. waving.

I'm sure every single person in the joint was gutted at the way we went out last year, but that wasn't Tooves' fault, unless you think part of his game plan was to lull the Storm into a false sense of security with multiple basic errors and incomplete sets. We played poorly, that wasn't bad coaching, that was horrible execution.

This season ain't over yet, OK so we haven't beaten Roosters or Souths yet this year. Big deal, neither of those two sides have beat the Storm the reigning premiers, yet we are undefeated against the scum. Going by some of the logic here, Melbourne will beat the Knights and the Roosters, where they will play the Bunnies in the GF and go back to back. I'm hoping we can throw a spanner in that little plan.

bones said:
Hasler walked out like a dog.
True.
Toovey stepped up.
True.
Toovey is the better coach by a mile.
I'd love to agree but can't. That's not to say that he can't one day be just that. He has definitely started off great though.

Depends on how you look at it Bones. I came to the conclusion based solely on the first two points.

Now I know you agree with me.

Come on........................admit it. :D

I haven't sensed a real strong anti Toovey sentiment apart from one or two of the usual suspects.

For mine he's done a very good job, cant fault him and when we smash the Sharks this week and have a crack at the Bunnies for a G.F dunno how anyone can be too disappointed. The team turn up to play hard almost every week and the coach is obviously a big part of that.

I think we all need to remember that at some point in time we will look back at the era 2007 until (insert date ) and say it was part of a great run that we would love to be able to replicate.

And this season is far from over.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4