Still waiting for an answer.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bones

Bones Knows
The question has been asked many times, but still no reply from the Toovey bashers.

What are the excuses for Hasler failing in 2009 and 2010 with the strongest roster in the NRL?
Knocked out in week one of the finals both years. Failing to score a point in the 2010 match. Only madevthe finals because storm werevstripped of points.

I'm keen to hear the reasons as Tooveys record in 2012 and 2013 beats those two years by quite a margin.

You can't win bones. If we win a lot of matches it only proves we have a great roster, therefore why don't we win everything? The coach of course!

Some people don't realise we are still in this comp, and if we win it will be one of the greatest achievements – by players and coaching staff –in our illustrious history.

I don't understand what people expect. Last year one game off from the gf and this year still a chance to make it.

Keep going Tooves. Doing a great job

i find it very difficult to understand why people doubt tooves as a coach...

after the start of last year , would of been very hard to take over a team in those circumstances.
( lets not forget all that player contract stuff to as well).

but we made the finals and even though we had a good roster it was still easy to fall apart and loose the drive.

the drive starts from the coach !!!

we lost in the GF qualifier last year to the team that ended up winning it at their home ground , and at the time we were fatigued and hurting with injuries, so i think under the very very difficult circumstances last year it was a great achievement itself and the coach could hold his head high...

this year we are 2 wins away from the GF , i think both games are very winnable as long as fatigue and injuries dont bother us.

so after this year , once again a job well done Tooves !!!

No doubt they'll wait till we get knocked out this year before they respond. I'm hoping they don't get the chance.

the mauler said:
No doubt they'll wait till we get knocked out this year before they respond. I'm hoping they don't get the chance.

Even if manly lose this Friday night they have still had a more successful two years than in 2009 and 2010.

If some want to argue Toovey versus Hasler we can't really do that until they've spent equal time in the coaches seat.
Might not ever happen so invalid really.
Toovey as the current Manly coach is doing a great job.

I think Tooves had massive say during the Hasler years and benefited greatly from a long apprenticeship.

Both have done great things for Manly, think they are both great coaches.

bones said:
The question has been asked many times, but still no reply from the Toovey bashers.

What are the excuses for Hasler failing in 2009 and 2010 with the strongest roster in the NRL?
Knocked out in week one of the finals both years. Failing to score a point in the 2010 match. Only madevthe finals because storm werevstripped of points.

I'm keen to hear the reasons as Tooveys record in 2012 and 2013 beats those two years by quite a margin.

Well, I am definitely a Toovey fan but just for the sake of an answer, well, alright then.

Premierships

Hasler 2
Toovey 0

Toovey might go on and win 10 for all we know, but he hasn't yet, so I would take Hasler's resume as at 16th of September, 2013.

Moops said:
bones said:

Well, I am definitely a Toovey fan but just for the sake of an answer, well, alright then.

Premierships

Hasler 2
Toovey 0

Toovey might go on and win 10 for all we know, but he hasn't yet, so I would take Hasler's resume as at 16th of September, 2013.

But Tim Sheens is available with 4 so on that basis he is your man ;)

Kiwi Eagle said:
Moops said:
bones said:

Premierships

Hasler 2
Toovey 0

But Tim Sheens is available with 4 so on that basis he is your man ;)

Ok then...

Hasler 4 grand finals in 6 years for 2 wins. I would still take Hasler's resume...

Or 4 in 7 to be exact...

Moops said:
bones said:

Premierships

Hasler 2
Toovey 0

Avoiding the question again. No-one is doubting Hasler's ability or record. Im asking why he had no success in 2009 and 2010. The argument is Tooves has the best roster. So did Hasler in those years.

As if Hasler would really give a rats about 09/10 after premierships in 08/11. I wouldn't...2-0

And it is very hard to get players up for a back to back tilt. Not even the Storm have managed it...

i wouldn't agree Toovey has the best roster....best backline maybe.

He's going well, teams in finals both years, you can't win GF's every year. They way people talk, there must be 15 coaches needing to be sacked every year.

Moops said:
As if Hasler would really give a rats about 09/10 after premierships in 08/11. I wouldn't...2-0

And it is very hard to get players up for a back to back tilt. Not even the Storm have managed it...

You're missing the point again. Toovey's first year was an attempt at taking a team to back to back as well. That's why we are saying give him a chance and to give the Toovey bashing a rest. Why is defending a premiership being hard to do an excuse for Hasler but not for Tooves?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6