Stewy in the test

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
So what did everyone think of Stewart in the test match.

I though he went alright on the wing, for someone who doesnt play there, but he looked like he would have been better in centre.

One thing I took from his performance, is that I think he would make a damn fine 5/8 in years to come, he looked dangerous when he took on the line, had a good passing game and knew how to open up a gap or give room for other players. I think his skills as a runner and a try scorer gives him the vision to put other players into gaps.

I really think he is much of the lockyer style of fullback and really think as he ages a bit more he could slot in as a 5/8

What do you think?

Dan

Would hate to see him at 5/8 at the moment

Nearly all of our set plays involve Stewart bursting into the line from fullback, and we don't really have anyone that can fill that void. It is our most potent attacking weapon, and his eye from the back has him injecting himself perfectly at the moment

Maybe when he has lost a step of pace we move him, but not at the moment

Ok i can only assume that you didnt read my entire post because the point you made was exactly what i made.

In no way do i suggest he should be a 5/8 now. I said "As he ages" meaning when he gets older, loses pace etc, then we should look at it. Exactly the same as the Broncos did with lockyer.

Sure we dont have a fullback that can fill Stewarts shoes yet, but there are far more fullbacks going around than 5/8's in a few years time I think this will be an awesome option for us.

When he loses pace having him probing the line and putting the opposition in two minds at to whether he will run or move the ball will be great.

There are so many examples of this.

And jost for posterities sake. I DONT MEAN NOW I MEAN, WHEN HE GETS OLDER AND SLOWER

He played a very good game with the opportunities he had. He could fill in at 5/8th definitely, but as Dan said…wait until he is a bit older and we have another gun at fullback.

I think if he was in fullback the entire game he would have scored a few more tries. It was a good test debut.

Ok i can only assume that you didnt read my entire post because the point you made was exactly what i made.

In no way do i suggest he should be a 5/8 now. I said \"As he ages\" meaning when he gets older, loses pace etc, then we should look at it. Exactly the same as the Broncos did with lockyer.

Sure we dont have a fullback that can fill Stewarts shoes yet, but there are far more fullbacks going around than 5/8's in a few years time I think this will be an awesome option for us.

When he loses pace having him probing the line and putting the opposition in two minds at to whether he will run or move the ball will be great.

There are so many examples of this.

And jost for posterities sake. I DONT MEAN NOW I MEAN, WHEN HE GETS OLDER AND SLOWER

I shall also assume that you didn't read the post directly above mine, which stated he should be moved IMMEDIATELY :lol:

r. stewart is a dick head moving the best fullback in the game to wing so some one who plays 5/8 can play there and not catch a ball on the full once and as for greg inglas who is along with bird one of the biggest ball hogs i have seen brett should have told ricky to shove it up his ass

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6