Stewie's knee?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
Does anybody know how & when we can find out specific details of the knee injury? Does anyone think the injury might not be as serious as 8-12 weeks, possibly a 6-8 weeks with the club not releasing details as part of tactics?
Any thoughts will help as my Brett obsession runs deep.

Nicci, my guess in 12 weeks minimum.  Now I've heard the season.  Anyway, whatevers wrong with him, 12 weeks will give the other bludgers time to get their act together and harden up.  No excuses for being soft.  And if Robbo doesn't work on Saturday night, then I'll be certainly pissed if the week after he persists. 

You pissed off? No way.

Robbo will be fullback until B Stewart returns or he himself gets injured.

yup he has been named in fullback. I wish Des would try something different for once. What have we got to lose?

DSM5 link said:
Nicci, my guess in 12 weeks minimum.  Now I've heard the season.  Anyway, whatevers wrong with him, 12 weeks will give the other bludgers time to get their act together and harden up.  No excuses for being soft.  And if Robbo doesn't work on Saturday night, then I'll be certainly pissed if the week after he persists. 
I agree that the others have to pull their fingers out. Why do you guess Brett will be out for 12 weeks minimum?

Hate to be the bearer of bad (worse) tidings but I heard last night that the injury is (most likely) season-ending.javascript:void(0);

mikem link said:
Hate to be the bearer of bad (worse) tidings but I heard last night that the injury is (most likely) season-ending.javascript:void(0);
La La La - Not listening! (I wish it was that simple).  I sincerely hope the Season call is wrong. What source did you hear that from?

Season ending sounds like an Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL).  There are pioneering ACL techniques to get players back on the filed in less than a season, and it has worked in the AFL, but not sure about long-term effectiveness.

I've done an ACL and if it was that he would not have been able to walk off by himself infact he would have needed a stretcher.

But i was still stunned by the fact he still finished the game and hobbled off and yet the 'experts' give him 8-12 weeks which astounds me. EIther hes a really tough bloke (which he is) or the experts have it wrong.

Having said that i still dont think its season ending

niccipops link said:
[quote author=mikem link=topic=180193.msg220208#msg220208 date=1240361861]
La La La - Not listening! (I wish it was that simple).  I sincerely hope the Season call is wrong. What source did you hear that from?
[/quote]

take that as a given,

If he'd done his ACL, he wouldn't have been able to finish the game. I did mine in playing touch footy and had to be carried off (by a fringe Parra first grader, but that's neither here-nor-there ;)). I couldn't walk for the next couple of days and went around everywhere on crutches, I know his legs would be a lot stronger but I doubt he could continue on playing.

It has to depend on what happens when they open him up.

I have had 3 knee op's (damn football - the round ball) Two ACL's and one cartilage.

The Cartilage was the one that hurt the most....for my second ACL they did not think it was too bad until I was on the table. I managed to play on with it.

It all depends on how it is diagnosed. As knees can swell up easily that means you can not judge the stability of the joint accurately - unless it is done straight away

Sorry for the ramble, but what I am getting at it is there is no way of knowing for sure until they cut him open

lsz link said:
It has to depend on what happens when they open him up.

I have had 3 knee op's (damn football - the round ball) Two ACL's and one cartilage.

The Cartilage was the one that hurt the most....for my second ACL they did not think it was too bad until I was on the table. I managed to play on with it.

It all depends on how it is diagnosed. As knees can swell up easily that means you can not judge the stability of the joint accurately - unless it is done straight away

Sorry for the ramble, but what I am getting at it is there is no way of knowing for sure until they cut him open

Yeah, mine was both ACL and cartilage, so I'm not sure which caused the most initial problems. The cartilage healed by itself though - the ligament was a complete tear so I had to get a knee reconstruction (almost 4 years later, could still play sport in between though I had to wear a brace most times and the knee occasionally gave way).

When I did my ACL playing sport, the muscles immediately shrivelled dramatically around the knee.  Then after the keyhole operation, they shrivelled dramatically again (automatic body response).  The muscles rebuilt and it was as good as new after about a year.  Faster for sportsmen with all the physio and work they do.  Surgeon reckoned it would be stronger than the other ACL (in the other knee), and no reason to doubt that.

When they used to cut open knees, it was months in plaster, and close to a career-ending injury.  Now with keyhole surgery, seems it's one season and fully recoverable.

Having said that, Ian Roberts reckoned he did his ACL and played without an operation by building up the muscles around the knee.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4