Stewie out for up to 3 months

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Unless the stats are based on games where Snake was the only notable absentee then they don't mean much.

If you were to do the same stats on Storm results when Cameron Smith was missing for instance they would be biased because they occur mainly because of rep comitments. This would mean that Slater, Inglis, Hoffman, Johnston etc may also not have played.

That said we certainly don't have the same winning ratio when he is not in the team.

Agreed canteen.  He's gone and everything else is academic.  The others have to stand up now and earn their money.  The forwards to go forward and tackle and the backs to run hard in attack and defend.  The playmakers to get creative and no stupid penalties.  Simple really.  If they all do this, we will win more than we lose. 

Agreed DSM5, the players can play with the Eels if they want to just give up if a few things dont go their way. I dont like the talk of "our seasons over" (from the fans anyway) We might as well accept the spoon if we are going to have that attitude.

Look at how the Raiders responded last year when they lost Todd Carney, everyone said they wouldn't win another game and they won a lot more than they lost in the 2nd half of the season.

Was just watching the GF again last night

Some notable stats that were mentioned during that

* Other than Penrith, no other side had defeated the opponent they lost to in the previous year

* Manly had never beaten Melbourne away from Brookvale Oval

* No player that had won the Dally M medal had won the Grand Final that year

* No side had won by more than 38 points

There were more as well, but that is enough to show that stats don't always equal the end result

Good point, KE.  Stats can deceive.

Here's some other stats which are all true:

The impressive stats:
1.  In my both my post-primary school rugby league career and my Manly grade rugby league career, I have unbeaten stats in terms of winning percentage, and for/against percentage. On top of that my try-per-game record for Manly exceeds that of Brett Stewart!

2.  In both my Manly rugby union grade and my overseas rugby union careers, I similarly have unbeaten stats in terms of winning percentage, and for/against percentage.

The unimpressive reality: 
1.  Outside of primary school, I have only ever played one game of Rugby League - a trial game for Manly under 23s, we won two tries to nil and I scored one of those tries.   Could have been better too.  After reading the gap, only had to catch a pass and fall over for another try, but the dummy half inexplicably decided to dummy to me and was tackled. 
Stats: Winning percentage 100%.  For/against percentage: Infinity.  Tries per game percentage 100% (exceeds Stewarts 81% record).

2.  After the under 15's I played two games of rugby, one a trial for Manly rugby union, which we won in a scrappy game by a couple of scores to nil. The only other game I played was for an English 5th grade side, which was short and a mate asked so I volunteered to fill in at the age of 42.  I was the last man to every ruck.  We won 66-0.
Stats: (both local and overseas) Winning percentage 100%.  For/against percentage: Infinity. 

lets apply the "Brett Stewart Theory" to David williams. Since his first grade debut he has played 22 games for 17 wins at 77.27%. He has missed five games for 3  losses and 2 wins, meaning we only win 40% of the time when he isnt in the team. Therefore his inclusion this week means we have a 77% chance of winning which is greater than stewarts percentage. Problem solved. Speak fondly of me when you collect at the tab.

The Wheel link said:
Can you play fullback Rex
I'd love that Wheel.  Wonder how I'd go?  Did play fullback in the 1sts for Brookie Public school throughout 3rd class against players three years older.  Canny assessment of my developing speed saw me moved to the second row, then the front row.   Now little old ladies ask me if I need help crossing the road.

Biscuits link said:
lets apply the \"Brett Stewart Theory\" to David williams. Since his first grade debut he has played 22 games for 17 wins at 77.27%. He has missed five games for 3  losses and 2 wins, meaning we only win 40% of the time when he isnt in the team. Therefore his inclusion this week means we have a 77% chance of winning which is greater than stewarts percentage. Problem solved. Speak fondly of me when you collect at the tab.

nice work bisciuts

KaZa link said:
yeah i was thinking some news was found out by Manly in regards to the court case......... as the injury did not look 2-3 month sidelined.

But who knows...  I aint a doctor..so it could just be the injury.

I think a few people had the same thought....maybe hoping it was anything but an injury that could sideline our boy, but saw this today:
"www.leaguehq.com.au
www.smh.com.au

Brief of evidence passed to Stewart
Brad Walter, Greg Prichard and Glenn Jackson | April 24, 2009

INJURED Sea Eagles fullback Brett Stewart finally learnt the full details of the sexual assault allegations against him when the brief of evidence was passed on to his legal team this week. Stewart, who will undergo surgery on his left knee today, has already entered a not guilty plea to charges of sexual intercourse without consent and sexual assault with an act of indecency after being accused of attacking a 17-year-old girl just hours after Manly's boozy season launch. The charges were read out at Stewart's court appearance earlier on April 7 but police were not required to provide details of the case against him until Tuesday, when they handed the brief of evidence to his solicitor. The information is expected to be made public at Stewart's next hearing, at Downing Local Court on May 26. Meanwhile, former Sharks star Greg Bird has returned to Sydney to prepare for his trial beginning next Monday on charges of assaulting his girlfriend and will miss Catalans' game against Hull KR. Bird, who has been captaining the Perpignan-based Super League club, hopes to clear his name and then consider whether to return to the NRL or stay in France."

Maybe those who smell a conspiracy might find the timing of this interesting.
Very grateful the media didn't make a huge deal of this for a change.

Rex link said:
I'd love that Wheel.  Wonder how I'd go?  Did play fullback in the 1sts for Brookie Public school throughout 3rd class against players three years older.  Canny assessment of my developing speed saw me moved to the second row, then the front row.   Now little old ladies ask me if I need help crossing the road.
;D

mwsneagle link said:
[quote author=KaZa link=topic=180181.msg220149#msg220149 date=1240319877]
yeah i was thinking some news was found out by Manly in regards to the court case......... as the injury did not look 2-3 month sidelined.

But who knows...  I aint a doctor..so it could just be the injury.

I think a few people had the same thought....maybe hoping it was anything but an injury that could sideline our boy, but saw this today:
"www.leaguehq.com.au
www.smh.com.au

Brief of evidence passed to Stewart
Brad Walter, Greg Prichard and Glenn Jackson | April 24, 2009

INJURED Sea Eagles fullback Brett Stewart finally learnt the full details of the sexual assault allegations against him when the brief of evidence was passed on to his legal team this week. Stewart, who will undergo surgery on his left knee today, has already entered a not guilty plea to charges of sexual intercourse without consent and sexual assault with an act of indecency after being accused of attacking a 17-year-old girl just hours after Manly's boozy season launch. The charges were read out at Stewart's court appearance earlier on April 7 but police were not required to provide details of the case against him until Tuesday, when they handed the brief of evidence to his solicitor. The information is expected to be made public at Stewart's next hearing, at Downing Local Court on May 26. Meanwhile, former Sharks star Greg Bird has returned to Sydney to prepare for his trial beginning next Monday on charges of assaulting his girlfriend and will miss Catalans' game against Hull KR. Bird, who has been captaining the Perpignan-based Super League club, hopes to clear his name and then consider whether to return to the NRL or stay in France."

Maybe those who smell a conspiracy might find the timing of this interesting.
Very grateful the media didn't make a huge deal of this for a change.

[/quote]

Gee now you have me concerned haha

;) I try.

Has anyone heard how his operation went today?

Hoping he has a speedy recovery.

That being said I have a good feeling about this weekend - I think Manly by 7.

Re: Brett's injury. This from injuryupdate.com.au

Had surgery to repair an ruptured MCL. 8-12 weeks, but knowing Brett he will probably be back closer to 8 weeks.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4