Stewie out for up to 3 months

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
yeah i was thinking some news was found out by Manly in regards to the court case......... as the injury did not look 2-3 month sidelined.

But who knows...  I aint a doctor..so it could just be the injury.

Robbo is an outstanding winger, so leave him there with Tony Williams on the other wing.

Given that Bani wanders around the field and good under the highball. He should be our full back.

We still have the Grand final pack and when they lift the whole team plays well. Hopefully we can win half of the games that Steiwie is absent from then sneak into the 8.

I would like to see T.Williams on the bench when you weigh up the fact that one of our back have basically been injured every game.

Every article you read on the statistics when Manly play without Stewart quote different figures. Dean Richie says the percentage is now 31% (5 from 16).  

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/nrl/story/0,27074,25364072-5016544,00.html

If that's accurate, it's not conclusive.  It's a strong initial trend, but there's statistics, damned statistics, and lies. e.g. We were weakened this year with other injuries and disruptions (before the last 2 games), and how many of the other losses were say during the time when Manly's premiership aspirations might have been to avoid the spoon, or simply win one game?

deadlyeagle link said:
I would like to see T.Williams on the bench when you weigh up the fact that one of our back have basically been injured every game.
But when you weigh up T. Wiliams we'd have to be careful who we put on the other end of the bench or it would tip up.

Hate to be the bearer of even worse tidings but heard last night that the injury is (most likely) season-ending.

mikem link said:
Hate to be the bearer of even worse tidings but heard last night that the injury is (most likely) season-ending.
That would send this place into even more gloom. I hope it is not right, though it is interesting that noone is talking about the actual diagnosis and whether it is PCL, medial etc. Usually ACL is season ending - and the lack of specifics has one suspicious!

niccipops link said:
How could he walk off the field with an ACL injury?

Easy. I did my ACL in a soocer game years ago. Played on for a couple of years, strapped it every game. It would collapse every second or third game. Finally went to the doc, expecting it just to need an arthoscope or something. Nearly fell off the bench when he said I needed a knee recon. Got a second opinion, same diagnosis. But when I did my ACL and PCL in my comeback season on my other knee, I didn't walk off, rather it was straight into the ambulance

So, yep could be anything.

A cartlidge tear would fit the bill,

would have no problem playing on in some discomfort of course but the things take forever to heal. Also makes sence that they found it to be worse when doing the MRI and now needs surgery.

clontaago link said:
[quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=180181.msg220219#msg220219 date=1240366412]
Dangerous game this Soocer!! 

Absolutely a dangerous game, any sport where you can end up with a wang in your bum is definitely dangerous.
[/quote]

Got more chance of that in the stacks on cuddles of Union

Biscuits by the way.

When they talk about the percentage of games we lose with and without Brett Stewart they are not saying we lose a % based on

5 with Stewie and 20 without

they say that with Brett in the team we win 85% of those games so about 8 or 9 in 10 games

and we lose only 20 - 30% without him, meaning if we play 10 games without him we are only winning 2 or 3 of those.

Hard facts mate not just BS

i never said it was bs. I am just making the point that our win/loss record without stewart has never been a hot topic till we lost the first 4 matches without him this season. As far as i am concerned there were a lot of factors aside from stewart in the first 4 results. There was the fact that we had travelled overseas which had taken a lot of our energy, not played under the 2 ref system, the whole drama about our season launch, the board room squabbles, and the fact that on the whole our forwards werent playing well and our discipline and ball control was ****. I know Stewart is important but to lay all of that at his feet is over the top.
Before our drama charged start to the season our record with out stewart stood at about 50%. I reckon that would be more accurate assesment on how we travel. We also dont have at hand the other factors that may have been involved in those losses such as quality of opponent, home or away, who else may have been missing from the team or even monumental errors from the officials. To look at only one factor in those losses is very short sighted. The doom and gloom merchants will be proven wrong. We may not win the comp this year with out Brett but the same could be true with him in the team. I will just about guarantee though that we will make the 8 and have other teams looking very nervous when they have to confront us. Even if Brett doesnt play again this year.

Biscuits link said:
i never said it was bs. I am just making the point that our win/loss record without stewart has never been a hot topic till we lost the first 4 matches without him this season. As far as i am concerned there were a lot of factors aside from stewart in the first 4 results. There was the fact that we had travelled overseas which had taken a lot of our energy, not played under the 2 ref system, the whole drama about our season launch, the board room squabbles, and the fact that on the whole our forwards werent playing well and our discipline and ball control was S**t. I know Stewart is important but to lay all of that at his feet is over the top.
Before our drama charged start to the season our record with out stewart stood at about 50%. I reckon that would be more accurate assesment on how we travel. We also dont have at hand the other factors that may have been involved in those losses such as quality of opponent, home or away, who else may have been missing from the team or even monumental errors from the officials. To look at only one factor in those losses is very short sighted. The doom and gloom merchants will be proven wrong. We may not win the comp this year with out Brett but the same could be true with him in the team. I will just about guarantee though that we will make the 8 and have other teams looking very nervous when they have to confront us. Even if Brett doesnt play again this year.

You make a lot of very good points in your summation there biscuits.

Biscuits link said:
i never said it was bs. I am just making the point that our win/loss record without stewart has never been a hot topic till we lost the first 4 matches without him this season. As far as i am concerned there were a lot of factors aside from stewart in the first 4 results. There was the fact that we had travelled overseas which had taken a lot of our energy, not played under the 2 ref system, the whole drama about our season launch, the board room squabbles, and the fact that on the whole our forwards werent playing well and our discipline and ball control was S**t. I know Stewart is important but to lay all of that at his feet is over the top.

Not true, there is a lot of talk about it every time stewie is out. Go back to origin time last year and you will notice a lot of chatter about Robbo not being the answer and how often we lose with robbo back there

Yes also how would i alreadys know about those stats (pre Stewarts injury) if it hadnt been already publicised earier? Our win/loss ratio without stewart is poor and its about time we change it!

Dan, I don't doubt what you are saying about our record when Stewie hasn't played but I do agree where biscuits says:

Biscuits link said:
We also don't have at hand the other factors that may have been involved in those losses such as quality of opponent, home or away, who else may have been missing from the team or even monumental errors from the officials. To look at only one factor in those losses is very short sighted. We may not win the comp this year with out Brett but the same could be true with him in the team.

Before the start of the season, before a ball was kicked there was an article that had it published at about 30% only without stewart. It preceeded all the dramas

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4