Stewie out for up to 3 months

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
i reckon if Wolfman is back throw Bani back there, it was clear Robbo is no good so lets see how Bani shapes up in Fullback. He may surprise us, he may not. It's worth a try though

I don't know about not making the 8 even when robbo was fullback the only reason we lost the games against warriors & panthers was because of disciplantary reasons e.g drop balls & missed tackles.It will be harder to go back to back though.

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE link said:
I don't know about not making the 8 even when robbo was fullback the only reason we lost the games against warriors & panthers was because of disciplantary reasons e.g drop balls & missed tackles.It will be harder to go back to back though.

We have only won something like 26% of games without Stewie, that means mathematically we cant even touch the 8

I gues one difference now is that the rest of the players know that Stewart is out for sh*tloads, so they can't rely on the fact that he'll be back soon like they could with the suspension.

We're fcuked.

The players need to lock themselves up in a room and not talk to the media.  I don't think i'll be able to go through every cliche if we dont win games:

He's a big loss, We'll just have to get by without him.  We know we can do it.
His absence won't affect us in the games, we can cover it.
We'll be right if we're mentally up for it. etc etc

???  :mad:  :'(  :-X

AAAAAAAARRRRRRGHHGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

You know what?  We'll be ok.  We won't be on top of the ladder but I don't think we'll be eating from the spoon either.  Everything bad is happening to us at once this year, let's see what we're made of, fans and players.

No Stewie for up to 3 months

DVS Matt link said:
We'll get to see Neumann again ;)

Nnnnnnooooooooooooo!!

Slightly good news, we have 2 byes in this period and there will be a lot of teams short on talent due to Origin.

I think the guys will do alright.

I think we will still make the 8 but I as much as I am praying it isn't so I don't think it'll be a top 4 finish this year.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....buger......

Maybe it's just a bad dream and we'll all wake up tomorrow and all will be ok with the world.....

Does anyone know the actual injury?

The only player I believe has the similar knack of chiming in the backline movements like Stewart does at our club is William Hopoate.

Des won't, but why not? Give the kid a shot???

01. William Hopoate
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Chris Bailey
07. Matt Orford

im devestated,in saying that i don't think it's panic stations yet,stewart is our best and most potent attacking player,i think we can still win without him but its going to be damn tough,but yea im devestated!THIS SUX.

I don't know what happened to Bani's speed from last year, but if he can get it back he would be my choice. His reads on the wing have been poor and maybe this could be the ideal spot for him. All too depressing.

Id even give Lyon a shot before Robbo. Robbos positional sense is just not upto scratch. Leave him on the wing.. hes great there.

Hoppa is unfit this year.. Williams or Bani should have a go.. either one would be better than Robbo id say.

Who knows........ Robbo is okay for stop gap but 12 weeks? we need a pro one. Whos in the Sunshine Coast team? Mathews?

Fark ! The last 2 weeks has proven that we are a substantially better side with Brett playing, without him we are screwed.

I'd like to see Wolfman given a go at fullback. He runs the ball back hard, harder than Robbo, and can bust a tackle better as well. His positional play might be questionable but the only way to find out is to give him a go. He has better pace than Robbo and with a roving commisssion at fullback he might just be a revelation. Robbo is solid at fullback, but that's about it. Problem is that all our attacking plays centre around Brett. Des will need a complete rethink on attacking options inside 20m. Need Killer to stand up big time and be the go to man, he's got the pace. Guys like Glenn, Cuthbo and Bailey to ramp up the ball playing and get Choc, Jamie and Matai into holes on the fringes. We all know Ox isn't going to produce any attacking magic.

Gees, this is not good news. I'm not waving the white flag just yet, I know the boys can win without him, I sometimes think the more you say you cant win without him the more you talk yourself into it.

The vagaries of Rugby League, we won last year because in the main we kept all our big name players on the field for the majority of the season. 2009 just isn't going to be a year and the injury curse as already struck us big time with Stewart, Tony Williams, David Williams and even young Hoppa out for extended periods.

To win a premiership takes a number of things, including some luck when it comes to injuries, we used that luck last year and those memories will never be forgotten.

This year will be about doing the best we can with the players that we available.

ps: Bani for fullback, it is time for Des to not take the risk averse option!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6