Stewart the difference in polished home perfomance

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
A RAMPANT Manly defeated competition leaders Canterbury 32-10 on Friday night at Brookvale Oval.

Geoff Toovey's men scored five tries to two in muddy conditions, with fullback Brett Stewart the star with a double.

Read More

A RAMPANT Manly defeated competition leaders Canterbury 32-10 on Friday night at Brookvale Oval.

Geoff Toovey’s men scored five tries to two in muddy conditions, with fullback Brett Stewart the s
2014May28074357_4870074291.jpg
tar with a double.

The away side skipped out to a 6-0 lead via winger Mitch Brown, only to see Manly respond with four pointers to Steve Matai, Jesse Sene-Lefao and Peta Hiku to be in command 18-6 at halftime.

Jamie Lyon hit an early penalty goal after the break and then Stewart scored off a Kieran Foran grubber.

Chase Stanley’s went over late for Des Hasler’s team, but Stewart had the last say, sensationally grabbing a pinpoint Foran bomb to send the home fans wild.

Halfback Daly Cherry-Evans failed to finish the match following a late tackle from Sam Kasiano which saw the hulking prop placed on report.

Sea Eagles coach Geoff Toovey wasn’t happy with the shot on his playmaker.

“It was an illegal tackle and I am sure it will be dealt with,’’ he said.

“Our doctor has already seen Daly and he confirmed he has not done any serious damage.

“I was happy with how we played, we had our enthusiasm back and took our chances.”

NSW Premier Mike Baird addressed a number of sponsors and fans in the Chairman’s Lounge pre game, outlining his long term plans for the redevelopment of Brookvale Oval.

Exact dates and a budget are still to be finalised.

Andrew Prentice
Manly Daily

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/stewart-the-difference-in-polished-home-perfomance/story-fngr8iii-1226946424243

"NSW Premier Mike Baird addressed a number of sponsors and fans in the Chairman’s Lounge pre game, outlining his long term plans for the redevelopment of Brookvale Oval."

Anyone hear what was said?
News, or just a bit of blah blah blah.

@Vidmar ?

Watching the snake score try's at brookvale really is one of life's big pleasures, after the injuries and issues he has overcome, it rally puts a big dopey grin on my face.

Can't be far off 150 by now?

joeboy said:
Watching the snake score try's at brookvale really is one of life's big pleasures, after the injuries and issues he has overcome, it rally puts a big dopey grin on my face.

140 tries as of last night dopey grin merchant!

So redevelopment to start at seasons end and be ready for round 3 2015 please.

There is something to be said for SRO hill sections at grounds. Its why I am glad when they re-developed the Adelaide Oval that the area to the west of the scoreboard was left as a hill. Over the years I've spent many days (and cold wet nights) watching cricket or Aussie rules at the Adelaide Oval on those hills. Loved every minute of it....unless my team lost. Hell, I was on the hill getting rained on the first time the NSWRL came to Adelaide in 1991 and I'll admit I never actually missed an Adelaide Rams home game in 1997 (two different comps so I could support the Rams then. No brainer from 1998 though, Adelaide or not I'm a Sea Eagle first). Only went to one Rams game in their second and last year....saw Beaver score two tries that night :D

All-seat stadiums are great for big games like Tests, Origins and finals where they can expect large crowds. But otherwise give me an old suburban ground with a hill any time.

joeboy said:
Is it as good as sex ? Almost. But if he scores a Hattrick, its better ! ;)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6