1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stewart swansong reunion

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by GoldenEagle41, Jun 24, 2015.

1. GoldenEagle41

GoldenEagle41 Active Member

Ratings:
    +198 / 4
    So I had a though the other day. Although It is not even close to being likely; imagine if, at the end of glenn's souths contract (2016) we bought him back for one last year to farewell him and his brother together.

I feel it would be a nice gesture to two club legends and to hopefully rectify what we did to glenn last year.
    Obviously we would have to extend snake first and i know we have alot of second rowers so fitting in glenn would be hard. But oh well, one can dream.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,766 / 72
    Won't happen - gift too injury prone and given cap we won't having any spare space for sympathy contracts

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Manly let Gifty go at the right time, just like BoChoc and Kitey.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  4. GoldenEagle41

Ratings:
    +198 / 4
    I know, i know.
    As i said this isn't going to happen. More of an "imagine if" thing. Just something that crossed my mind. Anyway, does anyone have any info on leary and his injury? is he actually injured? surely he wasn't dropped for hasson

5. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,766 / 72
    Well I would have loved to have seen farewelled after a great victory at Brookie - never say never

6. mosto

mosto Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +992 / 10
    The NRL site has him out with a back injury, due to return Rd 17. I assume it's flare up of the injury he suffered when he got jumped from behind by a Big Willie.

7. GoldenEagle41

Ratings:
    +198 / 4
    oh that explains it. He has been great for us this year.

8. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    We can farewell Gifty at Brookie Rd 22, by beating the Rabbids :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  9. Poola

Poola Active Member

Ratings:
    +135 / 8
    We need to win. No time for sentiment. He wears an opposition jumper and should be treated as such. As Bozo wants us to be... ugly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. EagleFromMay1967

EagleFromMay1967 In bed before the room got dark.

Blue Mountains these days
    Ratings:
    +1,212 / 44
    Nevertheless, at Brett's final Brookvale appearance, whenever that is, Glenn should be present. They should go around the fence on one of those open top cars. Thought Glenn's farewell was surprisingly and inappropriately low key, he didn't want a fuss. And, at the time, he was incapacitated with a nasty ankle injury.
    The Stewart bros, the footy they have delivered for MWSE - not a future imagining - they are not easily replaceable, if at all.

• Like Like x 1
  11. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,404 / 130
    An extended snake does not excite me one bit.

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. GoldenEagle41

Ratings:
    +198 / 4
    yea he is getting on a bit and i wouldn't like to see turbo/gutho get the ****s and leave because they aren't in first grade . If Brett retires next year i'll be happy, i'd love to see him stay as a one club player

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308 / 51
    The romantic in me says yes as it would be fitting that they finish together, my head says no, the club rightly or wrongly made their decision in April 2014.

Bottom line is that Gifty should never have been put in a position where he was forced out, If we have fair rules from the NRL there would be dispensation for clubs who grow, nurture and keep long term players. Bloody disgraceful that any long term player is forced into this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,642 / 74
    They can come back as coaching staff down the track

15. lovefooty

lovefooty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +460 / 16
    Yes all would be good but this fairy tail stuff is why we are in the mess with the halves ..
    Snake should not get an extension and giftys gone . Bring on the next generation of stars ASAP and lets start winning games with the next generation eagles. Leave glen and others to the highlight reals.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Supernintendo Chalmers

Supernintendo Chalmers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +401 / 6
    i got a few minutes chat with him earlier this season at a function and kinda asked him why no fuss as he'd certainly earned it, and he said he didn't want it to feel like a goodbye as he was sure that he would be back in some capacity, obviously i said we'll save you a jersey mate, and he laughed saying don't think it'll be like that. You could tell he holds the place dearly, wished him all the best and said thanks for not trashing the place on your way out, his reply was "never".
    Bloody legend. I'll only ever hate him in 80 minute bursts a couple of times a year. Hope he is a late inclusion this week just for the sake of seeing him vs brett in the top grade, no doubt would be special for both of them.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Loaded dog

Loaded dog Out on the full.

Ratings:
    +633 / 11
    Q. Whaddya call a guy with Gonorrhea, Herpes and Syphilis?
    A. An incurable romantic...