1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stewart ruled out of Origin for NSW

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Evo, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Evo

Evo Capt Goodvibe

Ratings:
    +46 / 16
    Glenn Stewart will miss next Wednesday's State of Origin decider in Brisbane after failing a fitness test on his injured knee.

The Manly back-rower partially tore the medial ligament during the Sea Eagles' clash with Melbourne two weeks ago, but was named in an extended squad by Blues coach Ricky Stuart last Sunday.

Stewart has not trained with the rest of the squad since joining camp last Monday and has undergone intense physiotherapy all week.

However, after undergoing running drills with the Blues' medical team on Friday at Kogarah Oval, the 28-year-old was ruled out of the Suncorp Stadium showdown and will be replaced by St George Illawarra's Beau Scott.

Scott played in two of last year's three games and will line-up on the right-hand side, with Tony Williams filling the bench spot after Trent Merrin was sent back to the Dragons on Thursday.

Earlier on Friday, Queensland ruled out Billy Slater with a torn posterior cruciate ligament with Greg Inglis to fill the fullback spot and Dane Nielsen drafted into the centres.

David Taylor and Matt Bowen were released from camp with Ben Te'o named on the bench for his Origin debut.

2. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    Too many Dragons in that team for it to win. I am changing my bet to QLD

3. dceagle

dceagle Active Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0
    While I am dissapointed for Gifty , I thinks it's great news for our run into the semis .

4. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    Glenn Stewart playing on crutches gives NSW more than Ben Creagh.

5. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Great news for Manly, rest him v Parra & Knights games then bring him back for Dogs

6. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,744 / 57
    Disappointing for Gift NSW really do need him out there but glad for Manly that he wont be risked. Scott & Creagh the Qlders will be laughing. I thought we were a chance till I see those 2 out there.

7. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,806 / 53
    Sad for Gift because I don't think there is a player in the NRL that deserves to play Origin more than him, but very pleased for Manly's sake.

8. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,836 / 103
    T-Rex, Choc, Lewis, Gallen and Bird can handle the back three spots for the 80 minutes. Perhaps the two Illawarra blokes can play prop for a few minutes.

9. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

NSW
    Ratings:
    +1,319 / 47
    Qld won't be laughing at Beau Scott

10. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,806 / 53
    Good idea. If we stick them together they might be equal to one prop.

11. lloydy

lloydy Active Member

Ratings:
    +86 / 0
    I'm happy for us that he pulled out, but not so happy for NSW that Scott has replaced him.

12. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,093 / 286
    Ben Creagh is yester-years Willow. Surely NSW can do better than that. Hopefully Simms takes his spot next year.

13. lismore_fan

lismore_fan Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +206 / 1
    He's travelling with the Blues' team for SOO 3 to Brisbane. So he's definitely in the mix with his team mates. A lot of 'other' club supporters put a lot of sh*t on the Stewart bros but it's good to see he's putting in for his Blue mates.

Good luck, Snake!

• Like Like x 2
  14. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Good for us. He could only have re-injured his knee in this TV game. We need him to roll onto the GF which after all, is what it's all about.

15. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,793 / 122
    True but it was a nice gesture to make him feel included and wanted and part of it all. A Blues win will be a boost to Manly's chances this year, I feel. The confidence of our guys will be through the roof.

16. PONTIAN SEA EAGLE

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +947 / 80
    Hmmm i'm starting to think the same thing.