Stewart ruled out of Origin for NSW

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Evo

Capt Goodvibe
Glenn Stewart will miss next Wednesday's State of Origin decider in Brisbane after failing a fitness test on his injured knee.

The Manly back-rower partially tore the medial ligament during the Sea Eagles' clash with Melbourne two weeks ago, but was named in an extended squad by Blues coach Ricky Stuart last Sunday.

Stewart has not trained with the rest of the squad since joining camp last Monday and has undergone intense physiotherapy all week.

However, after undergoing running drills with the Blues' medical team on Friday at Kogarah Oval, the 28-year-old was ruled out of the Suncorp Stadium showdown and will be replaced by St George Illawarra's Beau Scott.

Scott played in two of last year's three games and will line-up on the right-hand side, with Tony Williams filling the bench spot after Trent Merrin was sent back to the Dragons on Thursday.

Earlier on Friday, Queensland ruled out Billy Slater with a torn posterior cruciate ligament with Greg Inglis to fill the fullback spot and Dane Nielsen drafted into the centres.

David Taylor and Matt Bowen were released from camp with Ben Te'o named on the bench for his Origin debut.

Too many Dragons in that team for it to win. I am changing my bet to QLD

Disappointing for Gift NSW really do need him out there but glad for Manly that he wont be risked. Scott & Creagh the Qlders will be laughing. I thought we were a chance till I see those 2 out there.

Sad for Gift because I don't think there is a player in the NRL that deserves to play Origin more than him, but very pleased for Manly's sake.

mickqld said:
Disappointing for Gift NSW really do need him out there but glad for Manly that he wont be risked. Scott & Creagh the Qlders will be laughing. I thought we were a chance till I see those 2 out there.

T-Rex, Choc, Lewis, Gallen and Bird can handle the back three spots for the 80 minutes. Perhaps the two Illawarra blokes can play prop for a few minutes.

The Who said:
mickqld said:

T-Rex, Choc, Lewis, Gallen and Bird can handle the back three spots for the 80 minutes. Perhaps the two Illawarra blokes can play prop for a few minutes.

Good idea. If we stick them together they might be equal to one prop.

Ben Creagh is yester-years Willow. Surely NSW can do better than that. Hopefully Simms takes his spot next year.

He's travelling with the Blues' team for SOO 3 to Brisbane. So he's definitely in the mix with his team mates. A lot of 'other' club supporters put a lot of sh*t on the Stewart bros but it's good to see he's putting in for his Blue mates.

Good luck, Snake!

Good for us. He could only have re-injured his knee in this TV game. We need him to roll onto the GF which after all, is what it's all about.

True but it was a nice gesture to make him feel included and wanted and part of it all. A Blues win will be a boost to Manly's chances this year, I feel. The confidence of our guys will be through the roof.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6