Stewart 'Rested'

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Great move I reckon. Turbo didn't looked injured last week and was running freely? I really hope that The Snake was dropped, because his form isn't up to 1st grade status. All the injuries he's sustained over the years and with diabetes has finally caught up with him.
Catlans would be mad to sign him for 3 years he can't even get through a game.

If he plays Monday I hope he has a red hot crack. I'll be at Brookie. Due to being school hols, have come down via the GC from my 1000 population rural town. I would really enjoy seeing both a Snake and Jamie on the field as this will be the last opportunity for me to see these two who have been absolute legends for us, despite recent form. I hope Snake manages to score that elusive try.
Sad about not seeing the king of hits and smiles - the Matai. But I'll be in my No.4 Jersey.
Go Manly!

If he plays Monday I hope he has a red hot crack. I'll be at Brookie. Due to being school hols, have come down via the GC from my 1000 population rural town. I would really enjoy seeing both a Snake and Jamie on the field as this will be the last opportunity for me to see these two who have been absolute legends for us, despite recent form. I hope Snake manages to score that elusive try.
Sad about not seeing the king of hits and smiles - the Matai. But I'll be in my No.4 Jersey.
Go Manly!
Matai will be in the Players' pen, get him to sign your jersey :)

Bring your longjohns as it will be about 10 degrees if we're lucky @:worried:

I thought it was a good idea to 'rest' him.
It also would have been good to see how we went with Tommy Fullback, Dylan centre and DCE back. Sounds like it mightn't happen now unfortunately.

I thought it was a good idea to 'rest' him.
It also would have been good to see how we went with Tommy Fullback, Dylan centre and DCE back. Sounds like it mightn't happen now unfortunately.
may not happen but I think a message was well & truly sent.
Will be interesting to see how he reacts & performs

I thought something wasn't right when neither the DT or SMH had anything about Snake being dropped or rested.

If he was being dropped or rested the rugby league media would have been all over it like a rash.

This thread reminds me of when your mate breaks up with his girl friend and everybody jumps in and says "good riddance, she was a slag anyway" only to find out next day they are back together.

Unfortunately that sentiment applies to our on-field performance too.

The fact is that B. Stewart is a club legend, but looks like a complete passenger on field at the moment. The solutions for this should be simple:
- If he is injured that badly, rest him.
- If he needs to sort out something else off-field, either say it as it is... or say he is injured and rest him (ie. the Parramatta solution).
- If neither of the above are issues and he is out of form, he needs to be dropped.

None of these are happening and it seems like the rest of the team has to pick up the slack.

The fact that there has been no acknowledgement by the club of any issue here is just making this stranger, when the on field evidence is pretty clear to see.

Whether Snake runs out in the #1 jumper tomorrow night or not, one thing is plainly clear to almost everyone.

Club legend or not, right now Snake is not playing well enough to deserve a spot in first grade. Hell, he's barely playing well enough for NSW Cup.

His attacking game, which was largely based on his speed, is all but gone. The skills are still there, but the speed is gone and that has messed with his timing and his support play. His once brilliant defensive game has all but disappeared this season and if he's being kept at the back because he organises our defensive line, then clearly that isn't working either.

I'm sorry to say it but right now Brett Stewart should not be playing in the NRL. Its debatable whether he should be playing at all.

Last edited:
If they persist in playing Brett at f/b and keeping TT out of that position it would serve us right if another team offered TT good money to play f/b for them. I would be p***d about it but I certainly wouldn't hold it against TT

Lara Pitt just said that Snake will miss tomorrow nights game due to injury. Late afternoon update from the club.

So ZtH lied :rolleyes::giggle:
Nah Barrett was interviewed on what looked like lunchtime and he said Snake was playing however Lara said there was a late afternoon update that snake has a niggling injury and will miss the game.

I thought Barrett was very coy when asked whether snake would be at manly next year. He said Brett's got a contract till next year.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6