Stewart over Galloway?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Georgie-O

We all saw how a more mobile pack filled with backrowers worked for the Blues against Qld in Origin 2, especially in their cleanup work in defence. It gives me hope that Stuart might give the nod to Glenn Stewart over Galloway in Game 3. The practice worked so well in the last game that i don't see the need to have to return to the traditional formula of going prop heavy for the decider. I reckon he'd have more than a punchers chance of being selected.

Thoughts?

Gift certainly deserves to be in the team but I'm not sure if I would pick him over Galloway given what the team has in place already. No doubts he would do the job & give it his all but I think Galloway's skill set would be more what they are after.

Gift should have replaced Bird at lock IMO.

Agree Wolfpack. If NSW were to best utilise the skills of Gift it needs to be for 80 minutes, same as choc. Those two together are as much a reason for our success the last 5 years as anyone. Two 80 minute backrowers who are going as strong in the last minute as they are in the first. If you start them that gives you more room to maneuver with the rest of your bench. I actually worry about Choc when he starts from the bench, its telling him he needs to make a big impact when he comes on which means he will try harder than he needs to and that's when he is more prone to errors. I remember when he started his career and was used off the bench almost exclusively. He' come on like a bullet train on the wrong tracks but from almost the moment he started he was able to get into the groove and play out he 80 minutes and it was the first jump in his performance levels.

The best football I have ever seen Choc play was when Bellamy started him at lock & just let him loose the entire game. He almost won the 2009 series for us on his own, it was the finest performance from a forward that I have ever seen.

Unfortunately for us Manly fans, Choc will always rise to occasion in SoO (opposite to how he goes missing in the finals for Manly), IMO Choc should just be let loose for 80min & told to do as much damage as possible. If Gallen & Choc both got into a rythmn we would destroy QLD by 40, even with numpties like Pearce & Coward in the halves.

Gift would be ahead of creagh & bird in my team. However, assuming all available he will miss this one. There is no way they will go in with just gallen & mannah in the front row.

Going of the past.. They will pick a prop who is playing in a struggling team anyday, over a backrower who is playing in a team running 2nd..
It`s one of the steps NSW football brains have done over the past 6yrs to ensure NSW has no chance or ever winning the state series..
Why dont they just pick Hindmarsh & Luke Bailey & lose this series as well , then they can all go back to the drawing board next yr like they have every other year scratching their heads wondering what went wrong .. fukn idiots..
They`re fukn lucky its even 1 a piece, if it wasnt for Hoppa this game would already be a dead rubber..

Glen was picked as cover for both Scott & Creagh, however both are expected to play and as Manly have the bye this week I think they will keep him in the squad right up to the game.

Merrin was released from the squad yesterday to make way for Galloway so he's definitely in the 17. It's just a matter of whether he starts or not.

I have a feeling Stuart might drop either Scott or Creagh to the bench and shift Gallen from the front row to his prefered back row position. That way Galloway could start with Mannah. Qld wouldn't expect this and after 15-20 mins he could replace them with the lighter but faster back rowers to quicken the tempo of the game heading into half time.

NSW's strength is their back rowers and if they can play an up tempo game they should run the bigger & slower Qld forwards off their feet as in game 2. The Qlders were too tired to make the metres required or good decisions in attack and ultimately lost the game. The same thing can happen this time.

hoping galloway goes in for merrin. need a beast front rower coming in off the bench. will be surprised if ricky goes with one front rower all match.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2