Stewart OUT

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Watching Brett play tonight reminded me of Graeme Langlands last game for St George, a champion footballer who just stayed on one season too long.
Hope he proves me wrong but I haven't seen enough consistency from him this year to make me think otherwise.

Yes, its time for Brett to announce his retirement from the NRL. Its not just that he is older, injury prone, its also that the game has changed (for the worse) , evolved away from what he offers, and this must be his last year. He should only play in 50% of tn he remaining matches as TT takes over. Also Myles, Matai and Trent Barrett should also announce their retirements.
Yes, along with Brown, Lussick, Fulton, Luke Williamson, Chad Randall and that disgusting slob zorba peters

Would love if somehow we got Hayne.

A backline of
Hayne
Mead
Walker
Tom
Tafua
Api
Dce

f**k Hayne just get Mead we have Parker, Hynes, T Wright coming through .... how about we blood some of our juniors .... I hear people whinging about that all the time ... surely now is the time to start letting some young passion, and talent have a crack and some of the forwards too

aggh the memories of the Wombat. What a legend. Totally different style of player to Brett but definitely his equal.

Last edited:
It was tough watching him tonite that's for sure. I worry about the direction forward at the moment. Once brett, matai and Jamie are gone that's it for the old guard and era of success. Not sure what it is but it doesn't feel like there is that manly cultural input anymore. Need Someone like BK in the side.

It's the old guard holding us back at the moment. Stewart has had his day, that's obvious. The writing is on the wall for Lyon, still providing that touch of class and great leadership, but he's off the pace now. Matai still has another one in him though, it's a shame his neck is causing him grief.

The final 20, and even when Canberra were on their rampage, we saw some glimpses that the future is not all doom and gloom. Parcell was a live wire, and provided great service. Jake T tackled everything that moved and had some nice touches in attack. Walker looked dangerous at times, especially when he was out wide where he should be. Lussick stopped their go forward during their 3 try blitz - he got back on and swung it our way. Vave is still doing alright for a slow, big lad. Williame and Wright played hard, and showed some heart. Api, Buhrer, and Tom... nuff said.. quality.

The younger, newer crew did not give up, they showed heart, dug in and channelled the Manly of old. Canberra should have put 60 on us with all their possession, penalties, momentum, and our injuries.

But we didn't roll over.

Anyone who thinks he hasn't had enough have a look at him jog across field as the kick went up for Wightons try. At no stage did he accelerate.It was disgraceful and I defy anyone to suggest otherwise.Those kicks can end up anywhere after the contest but you need to be around the contest ffs.

He is a legend but Manly have had many and when you don the famous Maroon and White you are expected to try. Legend status does not give you the right to do otherwise.
Same when Tommy made his break (when Wighton got him on the line), Snake was on the inside on that play and days of old he would have knocked it back a gear and been on Tommy's heels for the draw and pass under the sticks play. Tonight Snake was gone within 5m, Tommy had a quick glance at him as he disappeared over the horizon and decided he had to go himself. Makes me think that he's carrying an injury. The clutch is gone or something, but he was playing tonight like he couldn't get out of second gear.

I've been on the fence for this year about Snake, and keen to see how he goes.......it's time to go if that's what you dish up from now on. It's the complete and utter lack of energy and enthusiasm I just can't reconcile. That try in the corner where they just put the ball through hands, Snake just jogged (And that's being kind). Sure he might not get there, but at least have a go!

I could not be more disappointed in him.

Stewart almost set up a Canberra try when he tried to pass to his winger.
Fortunately, the Raider who was tempted by the fruit the Snake offered, did knock it on.
You'd get banished from the Garden of Brookvale, just for that.

Snake has been a big part of my enjoyment in watching the Manly team over the last 10 or so years.

I agree he is down on form, whether he is interested or not, or is head is in the right place, none of you nor I know.

But some of the bashing of him tonight , and I mean over the top stuff, when he is having a poor trot and may well be on his last legs is nothing short of disgusting and being a spoilt brat because poor YOU aren't enjoying watching your team this year. Is this how you will remember him, just on your last memory of him?

You really think the players aren't hurting? Speak to any 1st grader who has played in a team that has had a bad year..

Just troll me, i am not interested in anyone justifying their over the top crucifying of Snake, a player people rate up with or 2nd to Wombat.

Maybe one year too long hey, fine, but to trot out the **** some of you do is poor form.

I have admired Brett since I saw him make his debut all those years ago.

It does appear that father time has caught up with him and that he is being exposed by younger stronger and faster players.

The noticeable thing is that Brett has lost his decisiveness with the ball and he appears hesitant at times. Maybe it might be that his body has had enough.

Young Tom is going to be a superstar and it is time to give him a chance to build his career for the rest of the season at full back.

Brett can play a role possibly on the wing but his best days are now behind him.

I know many of your are pretty angry about tonights performance but consider what Brett has been through in his career and understand that for many years he gave our fans lots of great times.

snake was heart and soul, he is a mere shadow of himself.
when his brother was shown the door, he hasnt been the same since
its almost as if he has had revenge in the back of his mind ever since i.e.
"i will pay this club back with fake injuries and half hearted attitude and just pick up the paycheck till its time to go", u can bet on that.

2016 can now be considered effectively gone. We should be setting sights on 2017. That means Tom T at fullback. Snake could fill a wing spot maybe.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6